"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Re: MD2

Postby Fightingthetide » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:57 pm

Yup, pretty sure they've all come out with a slight slant to the rim. Not plus. Much like the current runs of DX Rancho Rocs. IMO it's not that bad since mids aren't (usually) smashed like drivers and (usually) require something other than a power grip.
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Fightingthetide » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:00 pm

But can anyone speak to these new Leo S-line's? Are they flatter? And are the current run P's coming out with a tall shoulder like most S-lines?
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

Postby dehaas » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:29 am

What else would the new flat run of c lines compare to? I throw a ti wasp as an overstable mid, can push it out a bit past 300 and want something with a bit less fade as a workhorse. Lately my z buzzz has been tracking right slightly without and fade, want something with a little more fade
dehaas
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: wizard

Postby JR » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:09 am

I haven't thrown or seen the new MD2s. Glo Z and deeply concave high shoulder flat top Ti Buzzzes suite that description.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Booter » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:23 pm

the new md2 are what u seek. not wasp overstable but still have some lss
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby linkinparkervii » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:52 pm

I have a couple of the new c lines. Definitely not as beefy and overstable as i expected them to be.
linkinparkervii
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Gold Line Core

Postby jubuttib » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:03 am

linkinparkervii wrote:I have a couple of the new c lines. Definitely not as beefy and overstable as i expected them to be.
Good, MD2s shouldn't be overstable.

In other news, got one of these:

Initially got it for shits and giggles, but after I first felt it I got really interested in seeing how it'll fly (the field should be usable pretty soon). "Why?" you might ask. Well, it has a feature I recognized from the old orange P-MD2s, a concave wing. I'm expecting this to be more HSS than a 157g R-Pro MD2 would otherwise be, perhaps even a bit overstable. It's also hugely domey, and hugely grippy, so depending on how it all pans out it might be an interesting flyer. =)
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby Flipflat » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:35 am

Sounds cool, but I would never throw something that says "lady line", maybe the 5% of disc golfers out there who are woman will. I love how the guys at Discmania think the lighter weights are just for women, they must have some DGCR members on staff.
I would like your X-Wasps, please.
Flipflat
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: buzzz

Postby JR » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:42 am

Fecking macho bs.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby jubuttib » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:37 pm

Flipflat wrote:Sounds cool, but I would never throw something that says "lady line", maybe the 5% of disc golfers out there who are woman will. I love how the guys at Discmania think the lighter weights are just for women, they must have some DGCR members on staff.
Those were among my first thoughts, along with how incredibly condescending it is that the LadyLine is only available in bright pink... Still, I only care about how discs feel and fly, not what it says on them or who they're meant for, so I'm eager to give this one a go (besides, pink is a great color that pops out in any environment). I compared the PLH and it was higher than my straight as hell D-MD2s, and the notched wing should give even more stability. The bloody thing could even end up being overstable.

Today while selling some discs I got to paw through a stack of LL-MD2s (another abbreviation to learn...) and noticed that the notched wing is not consistent, it's was only found in one of the 4-5 discs at the store, so not a general feature I'm afraid. Still the PLH is quite high, so they should be at least as stable as the D-MD2s, which are absolute tits.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby Flipflat » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:00 pm

I don't mind the pink at all. A stable lightweight mid with lots of glide sounds wonderful. Would this be star sharkish, I'm wondering? In any case, they should change the stamp to "noob-line" or something.
I would like your X-Wasps, please.
Flipflat
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: buzzz

Postby Varsi » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:16 pm

The stamp can always be removed. The plastic did feel fantastic.
Varsi
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: JOKERi

Postby zj1002 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:09 pm

We finally got the new run of c-md2s in at work...but only 1...

I grabbed it. I have some asia open ones that are the new run, and honestly this one is flatter than my asia opens. Also a bit gummier. It is 172g yellow. My asia opens are orange. This will probably go right into the bag. Feels money.
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby jubuttib » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:43 pm

zj1002 wrote:We finally got the new run of c-md2s in at work...but only 1...

I grabbed it. I have some asia open ones that are the new run, and honestly this one is flatter than my asia opens. Also a bit gummier. It is 172g yellow. My asia opens are orange. This will probably go right into the bag. Feels money.
Sounds like the two yellow ones I snatched from Powergrip last year, should be nice.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment