My mids are all hooking. Equipment or OAT?

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: My mids are all hooking. Equipment or OAT?

Postby Jesse B 707 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:17 pm

Shocking ;)
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby brittwink » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:42 pm

Would definitely say OAT... especially if you're using a power grip. Try loosening your grip a tad; part of the problem could be grip lock. Also try not putting your whole body into your throw like you would a drive. My best advice would be try throwing standing still; if you're still torquing it, it's probably your grip. If you find you can throw it properly, it might be your footwork.
brittwink
Noob

Favorite Disc: Axis

Postby jubuttib » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:49 am

brittwink wrote:Would definitely say OAT... especially if you're using a power grip. Try loosening your grip a tad; part of the problem could be grip lock. Also try not putting your whole body into your throw like you would a drive. My best advice would be try throwing standing still; if you're still torquing it, it's probably your grip. If you find you can throw it properly, it might be your footwork.
Easy to say that now after he confirmed it was form related. =)
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby Indy's broken whip » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:12 pm

AcesAZ wrote:It was a plane problem. Elbow breaking and coming across a touch. Little tweak and the discs are flying perfect. And I wanted to blame the discs, ;)

Can you elaborate bit more in detail, as non-native english speaker I can't really understand what was the solution? I have exactly same problem of late turn, although same issues happen with P1 and Jackal as well, although not so badly as with MD2.
Indy's broken whip
Noob

Postby JR » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:55 pm

If i understood him correctly he meant that his arm from the elbow to the finger tips rotated clockwise from the elbow during the throw. Another issue could be that the arm dropped lower in the follow through than the plane his arm was moving on at and before the rip. A great tip to allow a long follow through with the arm moving on the same plane is to quickly rotate the thumb to point down (counter clockwise) starting right after the disc has ripped out.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby AcesAZ » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:05 pm

JR wrote:If i understood him correctly he meant that his arm from the elbow to the finger tips rotated clockwise from the elbow during the throw. Another issue could be that the arm dropped lower in the follow through than the plane his arm was moving on at and before the rip. A great tip to allow a long follow through with the arm moving on the same plane is to quickly rotate the thumb to point down (counter clockwise) starting right after the disc has ripped out.

Exactly. Elbow turning over a bit, maybe releasing across the line some, too closed with my body, coming over the top. OK maybe wasnt that bad :lol: Focused on keeping the palm/elbow pointing sideways at and after the hit. I also noticed my shoulders were off plane a tad too, more so on downhill shots causing too far nose down disc angle. The left shoulder RHBH should be lower then the right through the hit.
AcesAZ
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Shark

Previous

Return to Equipment