Help me replace my bag.

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Help me replace my bag.

Postby domromer » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:23 pm

Had some bad luck and my garage was burned down to the foundation and all my disc's with it. First thing I did was go online and fill my shopping cart with replacement discs. Then I got to thinking this might be a good opportunity to try out some new plastic. My bag has been unchanged for about 6 years now. So here's my bag, wizard, roc, jls, qolf, firebird.. Every so often ill throw in a spider if I'm feeling spicy. So what should I try out. What new plastic do you think I'd like based on my old bag.. Speaking of bag I better hit up gorilla boy for a new orange chimp.
If all you ever do is all you've ever done, then all you'll ever get is all you've ever got

http://www.dustybootsphotography.com
domromer
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: JLS....Bitches!

Re: Help me replace my bag.

Postby Jesse B 707 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:19 pm

What's up Dom? good to see you around, sorry bout the garage.
Wizard: Ions are OK and I actually really like the Legacy Clutch but they are more Magnet than Wiz, I still rock the Wiz personally, but the Clutch does make regular appearances.
Roc: Just get more Rocs, I did throw the MVP mids (Vector and Axis) successfully for 6 months or so and they are pretty cool, they would be my top recommendation if you REALLY want something new
JLS: Discmania FD (Jackal), I haven't tossed this myself but a mess of people love them and they sound a good deal like the JLS to me.
QOLF: easy, Discmania PD (Freak) these are pretty similar to the OLF but most people find them more versatile and all around awesome, I'd probably stick with the Star version though.
Firebird: Personally I LOVE the Latitude 64 XXX for this slot, a touch faster than the FB but every bit as reliable. Innova is also making good, flat FBs again these days so those are also a good option.
Also: Try out a Blizzard Boss and Katana for distance, if nothing else they will be great fun to mess around with, easy distance for sure, I love mine.
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby domromer » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:22 pm

Thanks Jesse, I'm on Disc Golf center checking out your recommendations.
If all you ever do is all you've ever done, then all you'll ever get is all you've ever got

domromer
Plastic Fondler

Postby Jesse B 707 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:25 pm

Cool, I'll check in on this thread a few more times tonight so feel free to ask more questions if you need clarification on new plastics or anything.
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby lowracks » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:48 pm

Your original bag was full of some of my favorite discs. Don't change what works.
lowracks
Tree Magnet

Postby JR » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:05 am

Hi and sorry Dom. i'd pick all of your old discs so that you can compare the new ones against those. Also see if you can loan Anodes, Volts and Coyotes. The Coyote is not like any disc you had or new but paired with the FD is might be pretty darn sweet and you can power down it a lot to get the same D with more consistency than the Roc. Consistency of your throwing not that of the performance of the disc. Even though the Coyote is pretty nice there too even compared to the Roc.

Edit: I read in the other thread that you liked the lesser glide of the Roc to the Buzzz. The Coyote would fill the role of a slow fairway driver to you then so eating up the space held by the JLS in the shorter powered down slightly area and the FD would do the same flight but out way farther so those two would not just replace one disc because the FD goes to OLF territory in distance but can't handle the wind. But the PD certainly does just about better than any relatively straight driver.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby slowarm » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:09 am

Nothing wrong with a (champ) Coyote, but is it still in production? Just asking, 'cause I don't know. Lycan came out, is it going to replace Coyote or are they going to be produced side by side?

One disc to try: MD2. Everybody's looking for those flat top C-line MD2s. Personally, I'm very happy to own a flat S-line MD2.
slowarm
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: flat S-MD2 (beaten)

Postby BLURR » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:26 am

Jesse hit the nail on the head. Sub out the OLF for the PD and keep the rest the same. The Super Stingray is another one to checkout. I don't currently throw it, but did give it a fair bit of field time and it is a nice flyer. Also, I know where you can get some used roc's for a reasonable price :wink:
If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby domromer » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:20 am

Thanks for all the feedback sounds like I've got to try the PD for sure.

domromer
Plastic Fondler

Postby Frank Delicious » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:51 pm

I still like the OLF better than a PD. Of course except for a few experimentations my bag has been pretty much unchanged for a while now. The FD is definitely a disc you need to check out but I do hear the new QJLSs are the tits.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby domromer » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:06 am

Finally had some good luck yesterday. I was on the phone talking to my mom. She heard me typing in the background and asked me what I was doing. I told her I was ordering some disc's online to replace the ones in the garage. She then asked me if she should ship out the discs I left at her house. I was like what disc's then it dawned on me. In April of 2011 I moved out to Charleston South Carolina. My mom lives in Arizona. I realized I wouldn't want to schlep disc's back and forth every time I flew out so I took my old revo bag and filled it with two discs of each mold I throw! What luck now I've got a complete bag on the way! That being said I still ordered a PD and FD just for shits and giggles.

domromer
Plastic Fondler

Postby JR » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:10 am

Happy go lucky :-)
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby JR » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:11 am

slowarm wrote:Nothing wrong with a (champ) Coyote, but is it still in production? Just asking, 'cause I don't know. Lycan came out, is it going to replace Coyote or are they going to be produced side by side?

One disc to try: MD2. Everybody's looking for those flat top C-line MD2s. Personally, I'm very happy to own a flat S-line MD2.

I don't know about that but Coyotes are available now and i prefer Stars.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby money 21 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:19 pm

JR wrote:
slowarm wrote:Nothing wrong with a (champ) Coyote, but is it still in production? Just asking, 'cause I don't know. Lycan came out, is it going to replace Coyote or are they going to be produced side by side?

I don't know about that but Coyotes are available now and i prefer Stars.

the pearly champ one a sick.
ringer, aero, breaker, glide, sabre, valk, avenger, flick, helios, teedevil, halo
i have seen monkey sh!t fights at the zoo more orginized then this.
money 21
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Z XS

Postby JR » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:48 pm

I haven't seen those but IMO all Coyotes are sick fiiiiiine. I looked for Leo line MD2s, sparkle QMSs and flat new C MD2s at the local store and could not find any and those might be the shit according to initial reviews. I got a neutron Axis yesterday but didn't get many throws with it at all but so far so good.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Return to Equipment