E cigarettes?

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: E cigarettes?

Postby Timko » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:01 pm

If you're a heavy smoker, the nicotine withdrawal will be the worst between yesterday and today most likely.

The good news is that tomorrow the worst of the nicotine addiction will be past!

Nicotine has rough physical withdrawal symptoms, especially for someone that's a heavy smoker for 10+ years. I do wish you luck! Let us know how today goes.
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby juju » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:11 pm

^Well said, Timko. I quit smoking 1/7/12 after smoking lightly (5-10/day) for almost 10 years. It was really tough the first couple days but shit was so easy after about a week. Haven't even thought about smoking since then, although they still smell kinda nice from time to time. So glad I stopped that nasty habit. Good on ya, keep us informed of your progress.
juju
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: First Run Buzzz

Postby Parks » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:13 pm

I'll take up heroin and try to quit it in a show of solidarity.
We're at our best when it's from our hips
Parks
1000 Rated Poster

Postby domromer » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:19 pm

Alright so another day almost down. No smokes today, again bad headache all day. I felt real shaky and jittery. I pretty much drank black coffee all day so that could play a roll. My lady friend has advise me no coffees tomorrow but lots of snacking. So we shall see how that goes. For reference I was up to 3 packs average as of Nov 6th.im going to have to find a way to splurge once I see all the extra cash from not smoking.
If all you ever do is all you've ever done, then all you'll ever get is all you've ever got

http://www.dustybootsphotography.com
domromer
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: JLS....Bitches!

Postby JR » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:10 pm

Hang tough Dom i hope that you've passed the worst part. Snacking is A ok for distraction during withdrawal but in the ling term substituting one addiction to another is not a good thing so i suggest you invest some of the saved cash to an old addiction and play more tourneys and buy more discs :-D Once your sense of taste returns to more normal every food starts to taste stronger thus many things start to taste better (usually the fatty sugary treats the most). Many former smokers i've spoken to have gained weight rapidly after the tasting capability improved because "everything tastes so good and they can't stop munching".
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby discmonkey42 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:45 pm

JR wrote:Hang tough Dom i hope that you've passed the worst part. Snacking is A ok for distraction during withdrawal but in the ling term substituting one addiction to another is not a good thing so i suggest you invest some of the saved cash to an old addiction and play more tourneys and buy more discs :-D Once your sense of taste returns to more normal every food starts to taste stronger thus many things start to taste better (usually the fatty sugary treats the most). Many former smokers i've spoken to have gained weight rapidly after the tasting capability improved because "everything tastes so good and they can't stop munching".

Yep, fruit and sweets were especially good to me. It's one of the many rewards down the road.

Hang tough! The first week is the worst and when the physical crap all gets sorted out.

Remember, you've been putting poison in your body non stop for a long time. Detoxing is a bitch. You'll be happy you put up with the crappy part, I'll guarantee that. Just sux for now. Keep it up, man, you can definitely do it!
discmonkey42
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: OLF

Postby allsport1313 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:06 pm

JHern wrote:
allsport1313 wrote:...It is SO easy to quit, you just have to want to...

I disagree, it was the most difficult thing I've ever done in my entire life. I never went back again, didn't want to do it twice!

Yeah I know its nothing to take lightly - I did try to quit and failed many times. But with my one success I had a completely different mindset. I just wanted to quit so badly. I really didn't give myself the option to smoke anymore, didn't care if it meant crying and screaming all day. In my other attempts I was apprehensive and half-committed like most others who tried and failed. Having reached this level of confidence and commitment, and understanding that I will be perfectly okay if I don't smoke, made it pretty much a joke to quit :D

And good job Dom!!
allsport1313
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: plastic

Postby domromer » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:42 pm

So it seems for now I've beaten this thing. Not a single smoke in over a week and I've saved $72 so far!
If all you ever do is all you've ever done, then all you'll ever get is all you've ever got

http://www.dustybootsphotography.com
domromer
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: JLS....Bitches!

Postby JR » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:40 am

Now it is a matter of every day slogging of saying no. Great job thus far. A huge thumbs up!!!
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby Timko » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:02 am

Nice job man!

Tomorrow will be 3 weeks for me. Yesterday was the first day I didn't have a craving to smoke , which is awesome.
Timko

Postby discmonkey42 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:42 pm

It gets easier each day, I promise! Congrats to both of you, keep it up!
discmonkey42
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: OLF

Postby inthedrift » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:33 pm

Congrats guys, this thread is making me think hard about putting down the cancer sticks. A few guys at work have been successful using the E cigs, perhaps they could work for me. Patches made me feel nauseous and I'm not a fan of gum...
inthedrift
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Firebird

Postby JR » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:51 pm

The first of many i hope Timko :-)
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby JeffzeNub » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:06 am

Im just curious, how goes the good fight dom?
JeffzeNub
Noob

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Postby Timko » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:57 pm

Yeah, I'm quite curious as well.

I quit 10 weeks ago. I've not picked up a cigarette in that time.

I have been to smoke hookah with friends a couple times, but I don't really crave it, and don't want to pick up daily smoking because of it.
Timko

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.