Noob Bag Help

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Noob Bag Help

Postby JRoc118 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:35 pm

Hey guys,

I just recently picked up the game of disc golf and would like to get a little input on what I am currently throwing.

Drivers:
Star Orc 175g
Champion Beast 150g
Star Wraith 174g
Champion Valk 150g
Star Teebird 172g
Pro Leopard 171g
Champion Leopard 175g

Mid:
Star Mako 175g
Star Roc 175g
DX Roc 170g

Putters:
SS Voodoo 175g
SSS Wizard 175g

I through the Leopard the best and just recently picked up the putters. My goal is to use one for more of an approach disc and the other as the main putter, I just don't know which one of those would be best suited for each task. Thanks for any input that you guys can give.
JRoc118
Noob

Re: Noob Bag Help

Postby Big Tone » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:40 am

Im no expert but if I had to give you some advice it would be as follows:

You say you throw the Leo the best. I would drop the Valk, Wraith, Beast, & Orc. Use the TB and Leo's in your driver slot. The Roc's and mako should pair up nicely for mids. I'm willing to bet your high speed drivers dont go any further than your TB/Leo's

As for putters, pick which one feels better in your hand for putting and use the other as the approach disc. Hell.. try them both out in each position and see what suits you better.

I'd say when you start seeing 300' consistently with the TB/Leo, pick back up the Valk and/or Beast you have and give them a go again. Keep in mind, the TB & Leo are more than capable of being thrown over 300'.

Just my 2 cents...
Big Tone
Noob

Re: Noob Bag Help

Postby JR » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:33 pm

I'd keep on throwing with just the Leo of the drivers and everything else to see which work the best for you on each line out to each distance lsft straight and right in every wind direction and speed. After that you know what kind of flight paths and characteristics of discs you might need. That is where we can help in suggesting discs that fly like you like them to.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion