Amendment 64 Initiative 502

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Amendment 64 Initiative 502

Postby Ryen91 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:56 am

Everything if done in moderation is fine from marijuana to alcohol. That is why the age needs to be 21 or older so we, as adults, have the mindset to manage our usage of anything. We have a common sense factor as we get older that we should use, but some people choose to ignore, hence becoming alcoholics or drug abusers. I just feel there is no reason for marijuana to be illegal, if the government trust adults to drink responisble, which a lot of people don't, why not trust adults with the smoking marijuana responsibly.
Ryen91
Noob

Favorite Disc: Tee Rex

Postby Frank Delicious » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:05 pm

I don't know if I would say alcoholics and drug addicts just kinda ignore their common sense so much as have an overpowering addiction that compels them to act on it.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby Ryen91 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:22 pm

I understand your point and agree with you to some extent. I believe it is a disease, but I also feel it is a self made disease. I feel when people start to drink or smoke to deal with problems in there life; ex. depression, relationship issues, financial issues, stress, emotional pain, etc; that is how the addict is formed. When you drink just to party and have fun and are not trying to get away from everything through alcohol or drugs, although still possible to become an addict, the chances are greatly reduced cause you are not using it as a crutch. When you start using drugs or alcohol as a crutch is when the addictiveness of anything forms.
Ryen91
Noob

Postby veganray » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:39 pm

ImageImage
Ryen91 wrote:I am pretty sure I am more intelligent then you think and have allot more knowledge then your post might suggest.

Cheers & chings!
Vegan Ray
formerly #21579
veganray
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: DX Gremlin

Postby Frank Delicious » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:52 pm

Ryen91 wrote:I understand your point and agree with you to some extent. I believe it is a disease, but I also feel it is a self made disease. I feel when people start to drink or smoke to deal with problems in there life; ex. depression, relationship issues, financial issues, stress, emotional pain, etc; that is how the addict is formed. When you drink just to party and have fun and are not trying to get away from everything through alcohol or drugs, although still possible to become an addict, the chances are greatly reduced cause you are not using it as a crutch. When you start using drugs or alcohol as a crutch is when the addictiveness of anything forms.

So your point is that people might abuse substances when they are emotionally vulnerable and that will lead to a crippling addiction? So we agree that people who have addiction problems don't just ignore common sense then.

veganray wrote:ImageImage

Don't be a weird internet detective VR.
Frank Delicious

Postby Ryen91 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:31 pm

Yes we are in agreement but would you also agree that there are some cases in which common sense is just avoided? as for VG whoo ooo you pulled up a picture that is 6 years old congratulations!!!
Ryen91
Noob

Postby Frank Delicious » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:53 pm

Some cases of addiction where common sense is avoided? like in those old D.A.R.E videos where Cloe the head cheerleader knows she shouldn't smoke that spliff but she does and then she freaks out and kills her dog and her parents disown her and she ends up living on the street turning tricks for that next sweet hit of Mary J? Don't do drugs kids.
Frank Delicious

Postby Frank Delicious » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:55 pm

But I do get what your trying to say but trivializing addiction by saying it is a lack of common sense is pretty dumb.
Frank Delicious

Postby Jesse B 707 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:56 pm

This thread is bordering on showing everything that is dumb about DG forums all in one place...congrats? All we really need in here is some useless PDGA rules arguments and maybe a Prerube post and we'll have a complete thread.
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby keltik » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:08 pm

Okay I'll help; Can the PDGA ban smoking in Colorado or Washington on a Private course?
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby martinb » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:50 pm

what the hell??? am i looking at the DGR or the DGCR website????
Play Disc Golf
martinb
Noob

Favorite Disc: putter

Postby Ryen91 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:15 pm

I get what your saying Frank. No that is not what I mean. What I mean is if your emotionally unstable or under a great amount of stress you know better then to resort drinking or smoking or using other drugs is all. When I had a lot of stress in my life or was a little depressed after a break up, I wouldn't touch alcohol what so ever and in my smoking days wouldn't smoke till I thought I was over it for the plain Fact I did not what to get addicted to any substance. Do you understand what I am trying to say?
Ryen91
Noob

Postby allsport1313 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:44 pm

One thing tho.... About Marijuana.. If you're mom or somethin got cancer an tha only weigh to help the pain was from a Plant than what would u say??? So far I c allot of ppl making These acussations an there sayin stuff Like is not even Forreal.... i for one choose to putt myself in other ppls Timberland's n c wut they r dealin wit... If Your about to die why not enjoy your last days??

Am I doin' it right?
allsport1313
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: plastic

Postby jsun3thousand » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:58 pm

allsport1313 wrote:One thing tho.... About Marijuana.. If you're mom or somethin got cancer an tha only weigh to help the pain was from a Plant than what would u say??? So far I c allot of ppl making These acussations an there sayin stuff Like is not even Forreal.... i for one choose to putt myself in other ppls Timberland's n c wut they r dealin wit... If Your about to die why not enjoy your last days??

Am I doin' it right?

A- a little over the top. great use of allot. keep up the good work.
Scooot_er wrote:And disc golfers aren't always the smartest bunch.
jsun3thousand
wants to be the president of the don zimmer memorial charity foundation of america inc

Favorite Disc: #63

Postby Frank Delicious » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:06 pm

Ryen91 wrote:I get what your saying Frank. No that is not what I mean. What I mean is if your emotionally unstable or under a great amount of stress you know better then to resort drinking or smoking or using other drugs is all. When I had a lot of stress in my life or was a little depressed after a break up, I wouldn't touch alcohol what so ever and in my smoking days wouldn't smoke till I thought I was over it for the plain Fact I did not what to get addicted to any substance. Do you understand what I am trying to say?

If only everyone could be as strong as you
Frank Delicious

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.