The Temple Of ROC!!!!

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: The Temple Of ROC!!!!

Postby Frank Delicious » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:16 am

Guess those couple of ontario rocs i'm sitting on are about to go up in price.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby chainsmoker » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:40 am

JR wrote:I saw my dubs partner throwing McBeth Champ Roc yesterday in the wind and it looked to fly great. He says that for him underpowered it flies straight and if he uses full power it gets unpredictable sometimes flipping a little and sometimes not. The disc had some molding imperfection in having a small dip in the wing. He is a power thrower. In the cold weather he threw an AJ Star Destroyer on the island hole in Tali to 530'. It starts with an anny and the disc probably landed flat or with a very mild hyzer. I don't know how far exactly he could throw. Had i remembered the existence of this disc i would have bought it at the store and now i know what to look for with the store credit he won for our team. The disc looked like a regular DX Rancho Roc in shape. Nice.

Interesting... a regular production champ Roc that's not the plus mold.

edit: I should have checked around first, they are pretty expensive.
chainsmoker
Fairway Surgeon

Postby TLapham » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:19 pm

Can someone please tell me why I haven't been throwing Rocs for the past ~2 years!? Good god, I forgot how awesome Rocs are!

What's the best kind of Rocs nowadays? I've only really thrown the 11x. Was using a buddies pumpkin (dx?) and it was flying amazing.

Stick with 11x? Have like ~30 in storage. Broke 3 money ones 2 winters ago was the reason I switched to the Buzzz. :cry:
Flat Top?
DX?
Glow?
Who cares all rocs are awesome?

Apparently I have been drunk the last 2 years, but have finally sobered up and am back on the Roc.
-Trade List
-My Bag (Always looking for backups):

Pred | Force | DD2 | Teebird | Buzzz | Wizard
TLapham
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: CE Teebird

Postby Frank Delicious » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:23 pm

just throw your 30 11x rocs
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby BLURR » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:29 pm

Frank Delicious wrote:just trade your 30 11x rocs to Blurr.
If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby TLapham » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:36 pm

BLURR wrote:
Frank Delicious wrote:just trade your 30 11x rocs to Blurr.

:lol:

I lied, it's only 26. I do have some nice Buzzzes that should be up for trade shorty if you're interested! :lol:
-Trade List
-My Bag (Always looking for backups):

Pred | Force | DD2 | Teebird | Buzzz | Wizard
TLapham
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: CE Teebird

Postby BLURR » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:09 pm

I would settle for 2 or 3 of them then. Don't want to short change ya. :lol:
If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby JR » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:54 am

Heresy in the temple use both. From looks the McBeth Roc could be the best and man they've introduced a lot of variation even within plastics in Rocs recently. Another pro for your older stack and the Buzzes. Buzzes are more LSS in Glo Z variant and Zs are longer and all Buzzes turn sideways much faster than Rocs so you have ranging and quick turn benefits with the Buzz and placement benefits with minor sideways movements with the Rocs. A degree off of intended produces a lot of sideways miss with the Buzz not with the Roc. So you have both small increment sideways placement with the Roc and the tight turns and long flight with the Buzz. Or the Coyote, Warship... you get the point.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Wofles » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:56 pm

So do most roc users generally use the climo "fork grip"? What is the advantage of that grip over say a 4 finger power grip ?(I use a 4 finger power grip with the pressure on my finger pads) Is it control or can some people just not throw rocs with a power grip? I was watching a climo vid and he demonstrated the grip. It feels really weird to me and when I throw rocs I've always done so with a power grip.
Last edited by Wofles on Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wofles
Noob

Favorite Disc: teebird

Postby cmlasley » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:03 pm

I have trouble with Rocs and a power grip. Frankly, I only use a power grip on drivers while driving for distance off of the tee.
Morgan Lasley
When life gives you lemons, stick them in the freezer for a few hours, then throw them back, 'cause they're like rocks, man.
cmlasley
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: OK Computer

Postby allsport1313 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:25 pm

I started using somewhat of a modified Climo fork grip with Rocs, mainly because the power grip feels weird against their super thin rim. Really gotten used to this grip and now throw almost all my shots inside the 300 range in this way. Way more comfortable and much more control for me. :thumbup:
allsport1313
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: plastic

Postby JR » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:37 pm

If you squeeze tightly in the power grip and have a small to medium hand chances are that the bottom of the bead scrapes the fingers and just as the disc is about to leave off axis torque is introduced to flip the disc. Climo grip has fewer fingers in the most compromising position so the chance of an unclean release is smaller.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby Jesse B 707 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:55 pm

JR wrote:If you squeeze tightly in the power grip and have a small to medium hand chances are that the bottom of the bead scrapes the fingers and just as the disc is about to leave off axis torque is introduced to flip the disc. Climo grip has fewer fingers in the most compromising position so the chance of an unclean release is smaller.

Note that this is only an issue if you happen to have vagina skin on your hands, Actual man hands need not worry.
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby JR » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:04 pm

Does this refer to the fur that grows in your palms if you jerk off?
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby LumberJack » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:01 am

Fork or birdie, i haven't used a power grip on a mid in a long time, maybe today...
Pure, Rhyno, Roc, Saint, QOLF, Astra, Quasar, Predator

People deserve the government they get. Why? Because they haven't learned to govern themselves.
LumberJack
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Roc

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment