What's In My Bag?

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

What's In My Bag?

Postby MulishaNick » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:05 pm

I'm a newer player (been playing for about a year) and wanted to get the opinions/suggestions of some of you guys who have been playing much longer (and even some of you who are new as well) Anyways, Heres whats in my bag:

Keep in mind I am a rare breed, I throw LHFH. My bag is an Innova Standard bag.

Drivers-
1x Star Destroyer 175g - Definitely my go to driver.
1x Champion Boss 175g - We have a love'hate relationship but mostly love. I use it on anything over 300ft
2x Champion Ape 175g- My favorite disc ever! I got my first ace with it and I have 4 total with the Ape alone.
1x Champion Wraith 172g- I just recently picked one up and I love it so far. My main BH driver for sure.
1x Star Valkyrie 174g - Also just picked one of these up. I can't throw them FH or they'll turnover but I like it for BH so far.

Mid-Range-
1x Star Cro 175g - My go to mid-range disc. It forehands good for me and will hold almost any line I put it on. I also love the feel of it in my hand.
1x Star Gator 175g- I haven't broken it in yet but I use it for holes where I need alot of turn.
1x DX Wolf 180g- I wish they would make this in a stronger plastic because I absolutely love it for the woods. It flies straight with almost no fade.

Putt/Approach-
1x Star Aviar 175g- My backup putter and I also use it for straight approaches if I'm 60-100ft away.
1x JK Pro Aviar 175g- I stinkin' love this putter. Putting is definitely my weakness and it has helped me sink more putts than any other disc I've tried. The plastic grips the chains very well.

So anyone have suggestions on what discs I should try out?

Side note: I have tried a KC Pro Roc, Flx Buzzz, Pro Katana, Champion Xcaliber, and a few others I can't think of at the moment.
MulishaNick
Noob

Favorite Disc: Ape

Re: What's In My Bag?

Postby JR » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:15 pm

It is difficult to recommend for something so alien to me as LHFH but you don't have overstable putters for drives and trick shots. Zone is flat and in ESP very overstable and in D it breaks in to straighter much faster and they are flat for a great FH grip. They are great for quick short bends and trick shots like spike hyzers. They skip a lot though but not much worse than overstable mids generally. The thing is that the Gator stops better than just about any overstable mid and the Zone is so fast and skippy that they are about as long so you might get overlap. Pig is tall and i don't know if your hand size allows you to FH it well but is is a great FH driving putter with overstability. Because it is slow it won't skip as hard as the Zone and the distance is so much less than with the Gator that there is no overlap.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion