Westside Kalevan Miekka (sword)

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Westside Kalevan Miekka (sword)

Postby BLURR » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:22 pm

The left is the sword. Right is a Wraith. 2nd pic is the Sword and 3rd pic is the wraith.
If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby Jeronimo » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:44 pm

Seriously dude? Are you eating(drinking) that Chia seed shit? barf.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby BLURR » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:46 am

Jeronimo wrote:Seriously dude? Are you eating(drinking) that Chia seed shit? barf.

Been eating chia seeds for a few years now. Normally eat/drink them before/during/after long runs. But recently started throwing them in my water bottle at tournaments and have had pretty good results. It's like having a redbull all day long for the most part for me, but without the jitters of redbull.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Postby iacas » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:55 am

BLURR wrote:Been eating chia seeds for a few years now. Normally eat/drink them before/during/after long runs. But recently started throwing them in my water bottle at tournaments and have had pretty good results. It's like having a redbull all day long for the most part for me, but without the jitters of redbull.

Born to Run fan? :)
Erik from Erie, PA • PDGA #55398

Erie Disc Golf on FacebookOn the Web
iacas
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Volt

Postby keltik » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:19 am

is this Chia as in Chiapet? you're eating chiapet seeds?
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby iacas » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:53 am

keltik wrote:is this Chia as in Chiapet? you're eating chiapet seeds?

Yes, he is. http://www.nuts.com/cookingbaking/chia- ... emium.html
Erik from Erie, PA • PDGA #55398

Erie Disc Golf on FacebookOn the Web
iacas
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Volt

Postby BLURR » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:41 pm

iacas wrote:
BLURR wrote:Been eating chia seeds for a few years now. Normally eat/drink them before/during/after long runs. But recently started throwing them in my water bottle at tournaments and have had pretty good results. It's like having a redbull all day long for the most part for me, but without the jitters of redbull.

Born to Run fan? :)

Oddly enough, I have been eating them for a few years now. And a few months ago one of my coworkers asked me if I had read born to run and I had never heard of it. So, he brought in his copy for me to read. I have since tried the mix that he talks about in that book. Not much of a fan. I would rather just throw some in my water bottle and let them soak. I did however get a good laugh out of the fact that my hippy running buddy was ahead of the curve on the whole chia seed thing.

Now, back to the Sword discussion. I threw it a few more times today and was able to get a very reliable hyzer flip out of it. It was able to fly as far as my stable star destroyer. It held its own against my worn star wraith too. It is a pretty easy disc to get some distance out of. Nothing ground breaking by any means. Like a better Flow.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Postby dgdave » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:50 pm

I've always thought the VP swords were like a flow/Destroyer mix. Flowstroyer if you will
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby keltik » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:58 pm

Flowstroyer?? interesting
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Postby JR » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:05 am

Flowstroyer is a good description but more like Destro on all counts except with more Flow like fade maybe in between half way. For Blurr's power a VIP would be more reliable.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby sunspot » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:41 pm

Anybody still tossing these?
sunspot
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Trash Lid

Postby discspeed » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:16 pm

Yep. I've got 169 & 175 VIPs in the bag and they are my primary distance drivers.

These are great drivers and can do just about anything for me...I use them BH and FH. My favorite thing about them is that they fly great in VIP plastic, and VIP plastic is awesome. The 175 in my bag is the original one I tested a long time ago (I'd have to consult my bag thread to see how long, but it's been well over a year) and it has not really gotten any less stable since it's initial break in (it seemed to go from slightly overstable to straight/slightly understable fairly quickly). None of Innova/Discraft's drivers fly anything like the Sword in Champ/Z, so if I wanted something similar from them I would have to deal with much less durable plastic and a lot more tinkering. I'd even venture to say that my 175 Sword is the best distance driver I've ever had in my bag...Largely because I either lose D drivers in the water or they break in too fast. Also, most of the people I play with would tell you that I'm better with my Swords than I've been with anything else...I can throw just about any D driver and get decent results, but I can't throw the line I visualize over and over like I can with the Sword.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby JR » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:08 am

People should still throw these.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Westside Kalevan Miekka (sword)

Postby Fightingthetide » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:29 am

Question - On golf lines, I'm throwing Star/Champ Teebirds to 325'-375' and a flat Star Destroyer (*DS) 350'-400'. Just based on my power level, would a Sword fit the bill for me as a workhorse distance driver?

I'm thinking 2 VIP's and 1 or 2 TP's for tailwind shots...and complimenting them with an S PD2 for headwinds.

This would be to replace my *DS
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

Postby keltik » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:51 am

I've really been digging this disc. It does what I wanted those Champ Wraiths I sold to do.

FTT I'm not sure it would do anything really different from the Destroyer. less fade maybe? It feels like a wraith but flies like a good Destroyer. I may be off on that assessment.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment