tl problems :(

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

tl problems :(

Postby mattpusa » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:16 am

So I have a teebird and i can rip it a good 300 ft on a good throw with little fade to left except at the very end. So i decide to go get a tl since its supposed to be straighter than a teebird and i could use it for tight wooded shots. I ended up gettin the tl plus mold 167gram and I find it more overstable than my teebird. I dont know if its maybe beacause my teebird is a 150 gram? But even at that my leopard is 166 and i can get it to s curve. Do yall think its the plus mold that makes it more overstable or is it just me?
mattpusa
Noob

Re: tl problems :(

Postby Aubin » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:30 am

champ TL+'s are more stable than regular TL's for sure. If you like the leopard and the 150g teebird, don't give up on the TL, just find a 165-170g flat star. they are money.
ChallengerMagnetCometTeebirdsDestroyersPredator
Aubin
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: APX

Postby curveball4 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:47 am

Aubin nailed it. + molds seem to be more stable & champ is usually more stable than star. 150 teebirds are pretty straight, a low 160's Star TL might be your answer
Where did that tree come from???
curveball4
Noob

Favorite Disc: any I haven't lost

Postby mattpusa » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:30 am

yes thats the answer i was hoping for. just get a star! yeah i like throwing the fairway drivers now since i am just starting off (been playing 6 monthes) i am getting to were i can rip them and turn them over even my teebird sometimes. I just got a valk and can't throw that too well just yet but if i throw it right it goes.
mattpusa
Noob

Postby Pwingles » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:10 am

Get an FD imo
Pwingles
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Gwoove

Postby mattpusa » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:29 am

fd?
mattpusa
Noob

Postby CatPredator » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:41 am

mattpusa wrote:fd?

It's a newer fairway driver from Discmania. I can't figure out why people like them. They're domey as shit and seem to have a little more turn and fade than a TL.
CatPredator
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Aviars

Postby mattpusa » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:01 pm

yeah i was pretty bummed when i got that tl was expecting it to go alot straighter but in reality it was more overstable than my tee bird so im looking for something straight
mattpusa
Noob

Postby kevind » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:04 pm

Give that tl a little time to break in and it will get straighter and turn more as it wears.
wizard, qms, roc, eagle-x ,valk, OLF
kevind
Tree Magnet

Postby JR » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:42 am

The TL is naturally more understable than the Teebird but if it has flash n the bottom it starts out more overstable than the TB. Removing the flash makes the TL much more unserstable or if you let it break in naturally it will break in more and much faster than the TB. And the TL is straighter than the FD but shorter because of the great glide and higher speed of the FD. And i still don't like the FD and the TL has been dropped in favor of straighter discs=Leopard and River.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Wordgie » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:51 am

Love my TL (Star). It's worked wonders getting my annies consistent.
Wordgie
Noob

Postby JR » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:25 pm

Without the flash it is ok for annies bet there are easier discs to keep annied to the ground like Leos and Rivers.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby Parks » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:18 pm

Pro TLs bomb also, especially if you go a couple grams lighter than what you normally throw.

When I was throwing well, TLs were much longer than Teebirds and not that much shorter than my distance drivers as long as they had enough height.
We're at our best when it's from our hips
Parks
1000 Rated Poster

Postby JR » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:29 am

Tl even in Star belongs to the sneaky long camp when s-curved like the PD and the Beast. Although the Beast is super long even when straight for the speed rating. Like the River and the Sidewinder.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby AcesAZ » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:34 am

Roadrunner 170 gram champ.
AcesAZ
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Shark

Next

Return to Equipment