innova wolf?

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

innova wolf?

Postby MulishaNick » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:19 am

So I'm finally getting the hang of throwing mid-range discs and my favorite disc to throw when I need a straight line with a little fade at the end is the innova wolf. The problem is I play a course that has approximately 7 billion trees and the dx plastic gets destroyed very quickly. I was wondering if there is a disc out there that flys just like the wolf but made in a stronger plastic like star or champion? I have currently thrown kc pro roc, star cro, star gator, and my wolf.
MulishaNick
Noob

Favorite Disc: Ape

Re: innova wolf?

Postby iacas » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:13 am

I don't know enough to help you a ton, but you could do one of two things:
1. http://inflightguide.net/ - put in the wolf and check other discs for their flight pattern
2. http://www.discnation.com/Innova-Wolf-D ... range.html - Click the large image in the top right and look at the comparison discs.

My brother-in-law likes his Flying Squirrel. I like my Buzzz SS, and it's available in a few better plastics. Good luck.
Erik from Erie, PA • PDGA #55398

Erie Disc Golf on FacebookOn the Web
iacas
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Volt

Postby Frank Delicious » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:03 am

shark, mako, lycan, coyote, core, warship, buzzz sss anything but a wolf
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby money 21 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:45 am

buy your self any f the discs frank mentioned. then find a kid or a lady just starting out and give them the wolf.
Summit, money, vp, flying squirrel, ibex, obex, sharp shooter #2, trak, ascent, seacert weapon, vulture, unlace, lace, olace, solace, Prometheus
i have seen monkey sh!t fights at the zoo more orginized then this.
money 21
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Z XS

Postby Simeon » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:55 pm

MulishaNick wrote:So I'm finally getting the hang of throwing mid-range discs and my favorite disc to throw when I need a straight line with a little fade at the end is the innova wolf. The problem is I play a course that has approximately 7 billion trees and the dx plastic gets destroyed very quickly. I was wondering if there is a disc out there that flys just like the wolf but made in a stronger plastic like star or champion? I have currently thrown kc pro roc, star cro, star gator, and my wolf.

Hi! Maybe I have been lucky but my Wolf is still in good shape compared to some other discs.
Why is mr Frank suggesting disc that fade much harder than Wolf?
Be sure you also know how deep the disc is you are going to buy. If you are looking for a disc that feels about the same as Wolf.
One disc for you that comes to my mind is star Wedge. And not so stable flx buzzz.
-Timo
Simeon
Noob

Postby allsport1313 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:31 pm

star stingray
allsport1313
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: plastic

Postby MulishaNick » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:29 pm

thanks for the suggestions! I'm looking into picking up a Coyote and a Lycan because the reviews I've read, it sounds like they are most like the wolf.
MulishaNick
Noob

Postby MulishaNick » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:31 pm

Simeon wrote:
MulishaNick wrote:So I'm finally getting the hang of throwing mid-range discs and my favorite disc to throw when I need a straight line with a little fade at the end is the innova wolf. The problem is I play a course that has approximately 7 billion trees and the dx plastic gets destroyed very quickly. I was wondering if there is a disc out there that flys just like the wolf but made in a stronger plastic like star or champion? I have currently thrown kc pro roc, star cro, star gator, and my wolf.

Hi! Maybe I have been lucky but my Wolf is still in good shape compared to some other discs.
Why is mr Frank suggesting disc that fade much harder than Wolf?
Be sure you also know how deep the disc is you are going to buy. If you are looking for a disc that feels about the same as Wolf.
One disc for you that comes to my mind is star Wedge. And not so stable flx buzzz.
-Timo

I actually was just testing out my brother's flx buzzz today. I love the plastic and feel of it so I may also be picking one of those up as well.
MulishaNick
Noob

Postby eric40817 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:58 am

Ive had a couple wolfs. Used mostly for short flick shots and mid range rollers. I no longer use them but from what Ive experience with various mids, a lycan is not like a wolf. The coyote is an awesome mid range, short drive disc. I would also recommend a skeeter in either DX or Star plastic. Ive only used those plastics for the Skeeter, and the R-Pro but its way too soft.
eric40817
Noob

Favorite Disc: valkyrie

Postby Stringbean » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:18 pm

I've got to add the Innova Panther. Very easy to throw and will fly straight with little fade.
Stringbean
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Panther

Return to Equipment