Favorite Disc: buzzz

Re: The Invisible String Frisbee Documentary

Postby mark12b » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:46 am

Looks great!
mark12b
1000 Rated Poster

Postby keltik » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:02 pm

yeah looks interesting. when is chains coming out?
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby JR » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:57 am

Or on topic when is this coming? They tried to raise money for music fees so that this movie could be released but i haven't heard of it since. Greg Marter from Discmania shop in Berlin was involved. He's been in a team making disc golf videos for years and they've released several DVDs and Youtube stuff. I think their channel is called hyzernaut.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby iacas » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:25 am

JR wrote:Or on topic when is this coming? They tried to raise money for music fees so that this movie could be released but i haven't heard of it since. Greg Marter from Discmania shop in Berlin was involved. He's been in a team making disc golf videos for years and they've released several DVDs and Youtube stuff. I think their channel is called hyzernaut.

This movie, or Chains? I think people have these types of things backwards. Nobody's going to see a video about disc golf unless they already like disc golf. They probably won't do anything to increase the popularity or reach of disc golf. If anything the constant delays and issues with this, the Jenkins/Feldberg instructional DVD, etc. simply underscore how little money there is in disc golf.

Of course, NONE of what I just said doesn't mean such movies won't be interesting to those who already like disc golf or disc sports. :)
Erik from Erie, PA • PDGA #55398

Erie Disc Golf on FacebookOn the Web
iacas
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Volt

Postby Flipflat » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:07 pm

JR wrote:Or on topic when is this coming? They tried to raise money for music fees so that this movie could be released but i haven't heard of it since. Greg Marter from Discmania shop in Berlin was involved. He's been in a team making disc golf videos for years and they've released several DVDs and Youtube stuff. I think their channel is called hyzernaut.

Hyzernaut was the shit, used to watch their vids all the time, funny stuff, then they just stopped making vids. A year or two ago I think one of the dudes reloaded their stuff in a better format, since then there's been nothing.....

I would like your X-Wasps, please.
Flipflat
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: buzzz

Postby Fritz » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:23 pm

Man, I'd love to buy a DVD of The Invisible String.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby JR » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:05 pm

iacas wrote:

This movie, or Chains? I think people have these types of things backwards. Nobody's going to see a video about disc golf unless they already like disc golf. They probably won't do anything to increase the popularity or reach of disc golf. If anything the constant delays and issues with this, the Jenkins/Feldberg instructional DVD, etc. simply underscore how little money there is in disc golf.

Of course, NONE of what I just said doesn't mean such movies won't be interesting to those who already like disc golf or disc sports. :)

I spoke of this movie but i've heard music licensing fees are a concern for Chains too.

Hyzernauts are my major influence in how to make disc golf videos. Throw for throw idea comes from them and lcgm8 didn't want to be outdone so he uses hole maps and shows the score for each guy before throwing. Hyzernauts did that before we filmed anything.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby mejlholm » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:36 am

Then I guess that I'm one of the few who saw this movie at the theaters (yes the Invisible String).

One of our local guys arranged for a show in a small theater on the weekend of our danish championships this year.

Pretty decent movie - but the amount of disc golf in it amounts to very little.
PDGA | Bag | Drives

Wizard | Roc | Eagle-X | Sword | Giant
mejlholm
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: TL

Postby JHern » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:30 pm

I've seen a few different cuts of Chains, the way it was put together originally lacked a coherent story line, but there is a lot of great footage and plenty to interest the already rabid disc golfer.

Anyways, the more the merrier! I love watching discs fly.
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Return to General Discussion