tl problems :(

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: tl problems :(

Postby Wordgie » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:08 pm

JR wrote:Without the flash it is ok for annies bet there are easier discs to keep annied to the ground like Leos and Rivers.

For that I use my XL. I can get the TL to fade back which comes in handy with weaving through trees. I haven't had as much luck with a big D S curve like I do my TeeDevil.
Wordgie
Noob

Postby JR » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:09 pm

Teedevil is 6 speed ratings faster :-) Roadrunner is pretty straight too but for non annied throws it is a little fussier and less wind resistant than the Beast. I had the RR as my main driver before they started to make the Beasts more HSS than the new mold.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby AcesAZ » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:32 pm

I dont have a ton of experience yet with the RR's but so far so good the last couple months playing 5 days a week. I have a 162 and 170 champ. The lighter one glides and turns a tad more. I do have a Beast to mess with as well and it is a great disc. Champ 172. While it is pretty straight it does fade out more the the RR's if you are looking for straight finishes in the woods. Thats at my 350 max power level. Throwing a RR fairly dead nuts straight 300. Not much turn and very straight finishes. Very happy so far. ;)
AcesAZ
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Shark

Postby JR » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:29 am

RRs get touchier at longer distances and with winds than the Beasts so for 380' plateau and up the Beast starts to compete and perform better because at 380-410' at least it matches the fade of the RRs i have. I'm not surprised by the RR fading less at 350' because it is a slower disc too.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby AcesAZ » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:05 am

JR wrote:RRs get touchier at longer distances and with winds than the Beasts so for 380' plateau and up the Beast starts to compete and perform better because at 380-410' at least it matches the fade of the RRs i have. I'm not surprised by the RR fading less at 350' because it is a slower disc too.

I guess my point was for the OP really, if he's throwing his teebird 300 I dont think a beast would be his best bet. A Champ Roadrunner or Leopard would work better in the woods. Generally the wider the wing the more turn and fade which Im sure you know. Maybe a pro Beast for wide open shots would be a good step up for him though. :)
AcesAZ
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Shark

Postby chainsmoker » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:15 pm

AcesAZ wrote:
JR wrote:RRs get touchier at longer distances and with winds than the Beasts so for 380' plateau and up the Beast starts to compete and perform better because at 380-410' at least it matches the fade of the RRs i have. I'm not surprised by the RR fading less at 350' because it is a slower disc too.

I guess my point was for the OP really, if he's throwing his teebird 300 I dont think a beast would be his best bet. A Champ Roadrunner or Leopard would work better in the woods. Generally the wider the wing the more turn and fade which Im sure you know. Maybe a pro Beast for wide open shots would be a good step up for him though. :)

If he throws a teebird 300' I think a star or champ Leopard between 165-170 would work nice for him. Out on the course I throw a champ Teebird 375' or so and I find the TL doesn't turn very much at speed especially when new especially in the plus mold.
chainsmoker
Fairway Surgeon

Previous

Return to Equipment