Papa Got a Brand New Bag!

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Papa Got a Brand New Bag!

Postby discspeed » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:06 am

disc junkie wrote:I agree. Ive been tossing either the sanny sent or wasp but I have to agree this N Vector compliments my buzzz and comets superbly. I have been teetering with the idea of the N Axis but I didnt really care for the Axis in any of the other plastics. I do really like the Neutron plastic though

The Proton Axis was never the kind of disc to be reached for on hole after hole like my old Buzzzes were. I ended up only really liking my flat green understable FR for anhyzers and short shots as I continued relying on my beat proton Vector as my main mid. New Proton Axis are a bit weird for me...I have to throw them flat to get a flat flight, but if I torque them too hard or try to throw them to low and they turn. Also, they would turn in any sort of headwind, and it became a guessing game of where to start the disc in terms of release angle to get the right amount of flip for the shot (this is not how I like to play). They are still too heavy for me to do my no-reachback all snap type throw, so I could never get Buzzz-like results with them. You'll be the first I admit this to...If it weren't for my loyalty to MVP I would have probably put another mid in my bag a long time ago as neither the Proton Axis nor the Proton Vector are really the type of workhorse disc I want as they are out of the box .

When I got my first Neutron Ion and saw how much faster it was than the protons (N Ion is as fast as proton Anodes) I started to get a little excited about how the mids may turn out Neutron. I still had no idea though...N plastic ended up turning both the Vector and the Axis into what I would consider workhorses. When I got my test mids in N plastic I loved the Vectors, but my Axis were fairly heavy (177-178) and domey. I liked them slightly better than the Protons, but they were LSS enough that I actually had to release them with a little anny to get straight shots, and the Axis is not a disc I want to have to release anny for straight shots (because a little more power and they would turn/not come back). When CDGS got their stock I went up to pick a different Axis out to try and stockpile some of those 174 flat Vectors. I was disappointed as it seemed like CDGS didn't order many N discs, so I could only find one red flat N Axis @ 176 and all the rest were heavy. I grabbed it.

First throw I knew I was onto something special. Out of my hand it took my armspeed and held it for most the flight (like a Buzzz), where my Protons feel like they slow down as soon as they leave my hand. It just loved a completely flat release and flew more locked onto a line than any disc I've thrown (Buzzz included). A little anny and I got a gentle anny that lost no height, a little hyzer and I got the inverse of that. Then the wind picked up a little (NO Axis time in the past) and to my surprise the new Axis cut right through the wind like I used to with my Buzzzes. Moreover, it didn't exhibit any high speed turn even into a 5-10mph headwind. That disc was both much more HSS than my heavy Protons, and actually less LSS (considering the disc never flips). I got real excited, but I was still kind of bummed that this one disc was all I had access to. I went into CDGS again the next day, and to my surprise I realized I'd only looked through half of the N mids and I found 2 more reds along with 2 yellows all flat and at or just below 176g. I took them all...I went to the field really hoping my first red one wasn't some sort of freak (though I don't often run into this with MVP), and I was pleasantly affirmed when each flew pretty much exactly like my red one...In fact, the yellows were just a tad lower shouldered and felt even better out of my hand. Now I've had the Axis in my bag a couple of weeks I can really verify that this is the real deal, and I also have to believe that this is what Chad intended the Axis to be all along. I fucking LOVE how the Neutron plastic molds up...It seems to shrink a bit more and fit together tighter with the overmold.

Anyway, I didn't want to get flamed for reiterating my excitement for this disc again in the equipment forum, but I'm happy to here. :mrgreen:
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby disc junkie » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:37 pm

Well perhaps ill pick one up. The neutron plastic is the reason the vector is back in so we'll see about the axis.
When I'm not itchin for discin, I have the yearnin to get the plastic turnin
disc junkie
LL Buzzz J

Postby disc junkie » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:52 pm

Revisited Legacy Rampage and Cannon and boy im glad i did. Also no more MVP. Like their discs but they mess up my throw/game.

New Setup

175 Icon Rampage
175 Icon Cannon
169 X Nuke

175 CFR PD stabilized
175 CPD
170 CPD
169 CFD -very high PLH and very HSS/LSS for a FD
168 *TL

175 Z Wasp
175 Z Buzzz
172 Z Comet