Discmania

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Discmania

Postby Pwingles » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:24 pm

Im really liking mine. I have a blue 170 and 2 hot pink 172 all with identical plh, theyre fuckin sick
Pwingles
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Gwoove

Postby Frank Delicious » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:42 pm

my C-FD is pretty overstable compared to my S. 170 yellow with a slightly higher parting line than my s-line.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby zj1002 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:45 pm

The flat pearly C-FDs are really nice. Ive seen them in blue and green in the 170-172g and yellow 175g. Most of the other weights and colors are similar to the S-FD

The flat C-FD is more stable, similar to a QJLS. I like mine but its too much like a QJLS. I'll trade it for a C/S-PD2 if anyone wants mine
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby Booter » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:40 pm

i agree. the flat blues are pretty hss when new. i threw mikes into some headwinds and shots id throw my qj on and its very similar to a new qj. i actually am almost jealous but i have to remember i have a shit load of ce qjls :)
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby JR » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:14 am

The S FD i donated was like a flippier version of the flippy QJLS that i disliked too so maybe even the C FD in flat most overstable version might not be a great match for me especially when the Volt is around. Getting a C FD is not high on my list of purchase priorities so i'll probably wait if i can loan one and see how it works for me.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby linkinparkervii » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:24 am

Whats the difference between S and SG line? I picked up a FR SG MD1 and it feels just like my regular S lines.
linkinparkervii
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Gold Line Core

Postby BLURR » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:59 am

The sg line is a softer version of the s-line. I think the md1 is the only mold ever ran in it.
If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby linkinparkervii » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:04 pm

BLURR wrote:The sg line is a softer version of the s-line. I think the md1 is the only mold ever ran in it.

I read its supposed to be softer, but they feel exactly the same to me.
linkinparkervii
Tree Magnet

Postby zj1002 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:49 pm

Well for the most part the SG is a softer flexy star. The S-line Md1 is usually very stiff and slicker
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby maskedavenger » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:51 am

I have a white FR SG-MD1. It's totally gummy, somewhere in the ballpark of XG Rocs or the softest R-pro there is. But the surface has that S-line shine and grip.

It's surprisingly stable, and I have no use for it now, but maybe later if my current R-pro MD2 gets lost or something. It might beat into something interesting.
maskedavenger
Noob

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby JR » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:40 am

SG MD1 fades less than S MD1.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby dehaas » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:08 am

Picked up a cd for shiggles and to me it flies pretty similar to a p pd. I like the soft p pds better than the stiffies, and I'm thinking the cd will stay in its sweet spot a lot longer and is a lot easier to replace. Any thoughts?
dehaas
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: wizard

Postby BLURR » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:48 am

I really liked the CD for a while, but as my P-PD's got worn, there was no need for the CD.

I would really like to try a C-CD, if they ever come out.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Postby linkinparkervii » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:03 pm

BLURR wrote:I really liked the CD for a while, but as my P-PD's got worn, there was no need for the CD.

I would really like to try a C-CD, if they ever come out.

If a c-cd ever came out, i could probably drop my PD. I love my FR CDs. They are straight with a touch of hyzer, or hold a nice anny line. Almost like a beat teebird. I used to throw my beat S PDs on most holes, but now i reach for my CDs and get a similar line/distance and without beating in a PD
linkinparkervii
Tree Magnet

Postby BLURR » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:41 am

I posted a question on their facebook page...and here is the answer. Our prayers have been answered....at least in regard to the PD.

Discmania: The newest run of C-PD has a regular rim. It's not quite as beefy as the 1st Run, but has a tremendous forward-pushing glide. C-CD is not currently in the plans, sorry.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment