ProdiscusThread (Jokeri, Midari, Respecti, Legenda)

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: ProdiscusThread (Jokeri, Midari, Respecti, Legenda)

Postby JR » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:04 am

Got a Premium Midari and Slaidi. Mixed bag results in the winds. I got them to test out the grip for the wet and cold season and so far so good no trouble there. The Midari flew fine most of the time but turned a little surprisingly a few times. Not by a lot. I got it to where i normally get Rocs in calm weather throwing Midari in rear wind. Headwinds were not perfect but not average either so maybe not a wind beater but definitely among the better straightish headwind mids. All in all thrown fairly low it is a nicely straight disc.

Slaidi i have is more overstable than normal Wraiths. I have some mutant overstable Wraiths that seem to be on par with the Slaidi. Because the wind produced surprising results in headwinds i compared my Legenda too. Normally even in a headwind i lack the power to keep these level long enough for best distance in class. With a flat shot. Wrestling the wrist down the Legenda and Slaidi flipped hard and on lower lines never coming back. For comparison i saw an instantaneous 70 degree flip in mid flight from a flat flight TP Boatman. Weather forecast was 22 MPH which means swirling gusts with constantly varying directions and usually 50 % more speed in gusts around here. The Slaidi does take winds well normally but it hooks hard and likes more power than i have.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Der Alte » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:57 pm

vesakai wrote:...but fairway driver will be coming soon

Hi Kai, can you give us any information about this new fairway driver? Speed, stability, estimated time of arrival etc., please :)
Der Alte
Noob

Favorite Disc: Jokeri

Postby Monocacy » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:57 am

Will Prodiscus make lighter discs at some point? I would love to try a Jokeri or Midari, but haven't seen any in my preferred weight range of 165 grams or so. By only offering heavier discs, you may be missing out on the ever-growing creaky old guy demographic.
Krait - Tern | Jackal - River - Resistor | Truth - Fuse - Zone | Clutch
Discs for sale or trade
Monocacy
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby vesakai » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:40 pm

Monocacy wrote:Will Prodiscus make lighter discs at some point? I would love to try a Jokeri or Midari, but haven't seen any in my preferred weight range of 165 grams or so. By only offering heavier discs, you may be missing out on the ever-growing creaky old guy demographic.

I have other than Jokeri in lighter weight but only in basic plastic
vesakai
prodiscus maximus

Favorite Disc: LEGENDa

Postby Monocacy » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:33 pm

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I am looking for an overstable putt/approach disc, and a premium Jokeri sounded ideal if available at my weight. Oh well, looks like I'll give the ESP Zone a try.
Discs for sale or trade
Monocacy
Fairway Surgeon

Postby vesakai » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:58 am

new disc coming!
just made the final changes to the drawing so should be ready before the season starts

Also for those who haven't notice that Devan Owens joined to Team Prodiscus!
vesakai
prodiscus maximus

Favorite Disc: LEGENDa

Postby Jeronimo » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:45 am

Excited!
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby JR » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:28 pm

Monocacy that is a different kind of disc but on the other hand there i no other disc like the Jokeri. It is like a Rhyno that is a couple of notches faster and 40'+ longer. Jokeri flies straight then fades Zone fades right from the hand and much harder and tilts quicker thus drops faster. D Zone broken in in lighter weight might work.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby Monocacy » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:59 pm

JR – I appreciate your advice. I am looking for a complement to the Anode for hard hooks, downhill distance control, FH skips, etc. I have used Wizards and Ions, but I can make the Anode do most of the things they can do.

Jokeri sounded ideal except for weight. Do you think a Rhyno would fill this role better than a Zone? Any other options?
Discs for sale or trade
Monocacy
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Varsi » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:32 pm

I can do pretty much the same stuff with beaten basic Jokeri that I can with Anode. It's pretty much just straight now. Premiums I use for long sweeping hyzers and low skips around corners and such. Premium Jokeri does have good fade but thrown fast enough it will go surprisingly straight most of the flight.
Pig and Zone should be plenty more overstable. Like JR said the Rhyno is quite similar to Jokeri, I never got my champion Rhyno go as far as any of my Jokeris tho.
Varsi
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: JOKERi

Postby JR » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:07 am

Monocacy for the roles you mention i'd pick the Pig because the Zone is so extreme and skips a lot. That is not good for placement. Rhyno is ok but at power it gets straighter and possibly too close to the Anode in flight lines.

Jokeri is faster and longer and also equally power hungry as the Rhyno only getting 30-40' farther.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby Varsi » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:55 am

JR wrote:Monocacy for the roles you mention i'd pick the Pig because the Zone is so extreme and skips a lot. That is not good for placement. Rhyno is ok but at power it gets straighter and possibly too close to the Anode in flight lines.

Jokeri is faster and longer and also equally power hungry as the Rhyno only getting 30-40' farther.

Ah. You did say Jokeri is faster than Rhyno. I misunderstood a bit.
All this talk about the Jokeri... Think I'll have to order some clear Jokeris to dye.
Varsi
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: JOKERi

Postby Monocacy » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:04 pm

JR wrote:Monocacy for the roles you mention i'd pick the Pig because the Zone is so extreme and skips a lot. That is not good for placement. Rhyno is ok but at power it gets straighter and possibly too close to the Anode in flight lines.

Thanks, very helpful. Maybe I'll spring for a couple of DX Rhynos, and try a Pig if the Rhyno doesn't work. Generally I'm not too worried about my "power" making discs too straight. :oops:

By the time DX Rhynos beat in, perhaps Prodiscus will have released a batch of light premium Jokeri . . .
Discs for sale or trade
Monocacy
Fairway Surgeon

Postby JR » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:14 am

Basic plastic Jokeri will become straighter over time but to really make it straight still needs good spin and the available weight is a problem for putts except in a headwind where it is at it's best. Break a basic Jokeri enough and it can take some headwind while spun well and go to 200' pretty straight even without the help of a headwind. But only if you really spin it. Miss that in execution while planning for it and the disc fades without mercy. I can't think of another putter that responds so much to being spun off the top of my head. Jokeri in basic has a great grip and in premium plastic has the best tackiness out of plastic premium discs competing well with softer plastics. It is way tackier than driver Pro for example. Jokeri is absolutely one of the best driving putters as long as a laser line is not mandatory. And even that is doable with a broken in basic disc.

In putting a broken in basic Jokeri in a headwind is much like a heavy Aviar P&A is in calm weather so for that role it is great. The Jokeri has an advantage over a Wizard too in a headwind. Especially when it is heavier than your normal weight. Driving Jokeri is the beefiest wind handling disc that is also long. When i say it is wind handling it can tackle serious winds when new and premium stays new for a long time. Only in a monster headwind where all putters are suspect does the Pig, VP and the Zone have an advantage in reliability. And assuredly going to the left.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby linkinparkervii » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:08 am

Can someone give me a quick rundown on all the discs.
linkinparkervii
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Gold Line Core

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment