Favorite putter

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Favorite putter

Postby south.texas.dead.i » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:54 pm

I have a birdie and hate it! Can't seem to throw it right for anything lol has anyone ever used MVP putters? I really like the way they look.
south.texas.dead.i
Noob

Favorite putter

Postby south.texas.dead.i » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:54 pm

Just for reference I have been putting with a buzz for the past 3 weeks since I started.
south.texas.dead.i
Noob

Re: Favorite putter

Postby Varsi » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:00 am

Can't really go wrong with Anode I guess. But same goes for stuff like Aviar PA, Basic Jokeri, Pure, Summit, Challenger, Wizard and some of others. It's mostly a matter of preference.
Birdie is a lid and I'm not very surprised if you don't like it that much. I think it's a lot of fun tho. :)
Varsi
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: JOKERi

Postby PMantle » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:46 pm

I have magnet, wizard and magics. Like them all. No way I could putt with a birdie.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Postby Wordgie » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:35 pm

I started with an Aviar P&A. It was alright, but there were more problems with my form plus it was only a 150g. I moved to a Magnet in 175 and liked it but felt there was something better out there. I got a KC Pro Aviar in 175 and really liked it, still do, but I've gone back to the Magnet almost exclusively. I'd like something with less fade because I under power too much and I feel like that may keep it straighter for a longer distance. The Anode is looking good so far, but all in all I'm happy with what I have.
Wordgie
Noob

Postby keltik » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:00 pm

Putting with the Polecat/Birdie is an art. Better done from outside the circle. the birdie doesn't glide as well as the Polecat.

I like the ION for putting but I have a weird hyzer spin putt that gels with the ION. the Anode is better for lob putting.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby JR » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:53 am

I need different putters to do all that can be done with putters effectively. Putting is different to driving and winds, moisture/rain and temperature influences things so there are so many requirements all year round that any single putter cannot cater for each need. Two is a stretch. OS, straight and US is much better and having that many also allows for some latitude with disc selection based on tackiness when the maximum is needed.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby PMantle » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:03 am

Putter take up too much space in a bag :lol:
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Postby Varsi » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:43 pm

I carry 3 different putter molds in my bag.
A couple of Swans for understable and high anhyzer shots.
EZE pure for putting (kinda new thing for me but gave me confidence for some reason)
A pile of basic and premium Jokeris for approaches. 3 basics in different stages of wear and 2 premiums.

I've noticed putters take space as well...
Varsi
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: JOKERi

Postby disc junkie » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:12 pm

Lat64 mercy
When I'm not itchin for discin, I have the yearnin to get the plastic turnin
disc junkie
LL Buzzz J

Postby pask2155 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:48 am

Hands down MVP ion or anode are the best putters I've ever used. Hold great lines for approach shots and putt consistently.
pask2155
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: NUKE/PD/BUZZ/ION

Postby Mark Ellis » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:02 am

JR wrote:I need different putters to do all that can be done with putters effectively. Putting is different to driving and winds, moisture/rain and temperature influences things so there are so many requirements all year round that any single putter cannot cater for each need. Two is a stretch. OS, straight and US is much better and having that many also allows for some latitude with disc selection based on tackiness when the maximum is needed.

For those with great skill, equipment is a small issue. Any old trash can lid will do. Players like me NEED great equipment to compensate for lack of skill (probably most of you too, btw). :D

For every category of disc I want at least 3 discs at the different stability levels (OS, Straight & US). Since putters are the most important discs, I carry 3 Magnets. Then at least 2 more Rattlers (only 2 because there are no overstable Rattlers).

I try not to carry any discs which need particular environments to be useful. So all my putters are tacky (none of that slippery candy plastic) and none in bad colors (white, black, tie-dye). So aside from worry that a particular well broken-in disc might be too susceptible to cracking in bitter cold, I don't need to change my bag for anything other than glow rounds (or to add risk discs or testers).

BTW, the latest run of Rattlers is a totally new plastic blend which seems to me to have just a little bit of candy mixed in. It still feels tacky and actually very good. One made it immediately into the bag. This run contains a first for Rattlers: BRIGHT pink. I love bright pink, the easiest color to find.
Mark Ellis
The Big Fundamental

Favorite Disc: Rattler

Postby keltik » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:07 am

Mark quit teasing me with durable plastic lid style putters! oh man I want one so bad.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Favorite putter

Postby south.texas.dead.i » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:49 pm

Just got an omega super soft for 5.00 at the local shop and am loving it so far!
south.texas.dead.i
Noob

Postby JR » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:28 pm

Mark Ellis wrote:
JR wrote:I need different putters to do all that can be done with putters effectively. Putting is different to driving and winds, moisture/rain and temperature influences things so there are so many requirements all year round that any single putter cannot cater for each need. Two is a stretch. OS, straight and US is much better and having that many also allows for some latitude with disc selection based on tackiness when the maximum is needed.

For those with great skill, equipment is a small issue. Any old trash can lid will do. Players like me NEED great equipment to compensate for lack of skill (probably most of you too, btw). :D

For every category of disc I want at least 3 discs at the different stability levels (OS, Straight & US). Since putters are the most important discs, I carry 3 Magnets. Then at least 2 more Rattlers (only 2 because there are no overstable Rattlers).

I try not to carry any discs which need particular environments to be useful. So all my putters are tacky (none of that slippery candy plastic) and none in bad colors (white, black, tie-dye). So aside from worry that a particular well broken-in disc might be too susceptible to cracking in bitter cold, I don't need to change my bag for anything other than glow rounds (or to add risk discs or testers).

BTW, the latest run of Rattlers is a totally new plastic blend which seems to me to have just a little bit of candy mixed in. It still feels tacky and actually very good. One made it immediately into the bag. This run contains a first for Rattlers: BRIGHT pink. I love bright pink, the easiest color to find.

Living by the sea creates winds and because Finland is cold and wet for 2/3 of the year i've gravitated toward tackier plastics too but is still have some slick discs in the bag. At least in the summer. Beeswax adds grip in the winter. What was the name of the tacky stuff you use?
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Next

Return to Equipment