What concerts are you going to?

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: What concerts are you going to?

Postby uNicedmeMan » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:53 pm

Saw local Baltimore talent Dan Deacon tonight for $5. It was probably the most crowd-interactive show I've seen, at a point he had us create a chain tunnel out of the venue and into the street. He also had folks download an app to their smartphones turning them into light show props, too cool.

-Find the Others-
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler
User avatar
 
Posts: 2585
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:18 pm
Location: Charm City
Favorite Disc: Gotta be the PD

Re: What concerts are you going to?

Postby J-Bolt » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:24 am

Hopping on the Baltimore train, I saw J Roddy at Ottobar Friday.

J-Bolt
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:47 pm
Location: Baltimore
Favorite Disc: Vacant

Re: What concerts are you going to?

Postby Pwingles » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:25 pm

Coheed and Cambria tonigheeeeet, stoked
Pwingles
1000 Rated Poster
User avatar
 
Posts: 1059
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:49 pm
Location: Missouwi
Favorite Disc: Gwoove

Re: What concerts are you going to?

Postby keltik » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:27 pm

Pwingles wrote:Coheed and Cambria tonigheeeeet, stoked


They're still together? I used to catch a lot of flack for liking them.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator
User avatar
 
Posts: 3383
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:12 pm
Location: High Point NC
Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Re: What concerts are you going to?

Postby Timko » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:59 pm

I'm going to see Punch Brothers next Tuesday. This will be my 2nd show with them this year. If you get a chance, go see this band, even if you don't like bluegrass. They have so much energy, passion , and talent.
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth
User avatar
 
Posts: 7708
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:21 pm
Location: KCMO

Re: What concerts are you going to?

Postby juju » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:41 pm

Chris Thile wails. Enjoy.
juju
Fairway Surgeon
 
Posts: 768
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:15 pm
Favorite Disc: First Run Buzzz

Re: What concerts are you going to?

Postby mark12b » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:42 am

Thanks for posting that -- after Nickel Creek broke up, they totally fell off my radar... and yeah Chris rocks.

Hoping to go see Antibalas this weekend:

mark12b
1000 Rated Poster
User avatar
 
Posts: 1177
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:28 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: What concerts are you going to?

Postby juju » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:56 am

Timko wrote:I'm going to see Punch Brothers next Tuesday. This will be my 2nd show with them this year. If you get a chance, go see this band, even if you don't like bluegrass. They have so much energy, passion , and talent.


Saw them last night in Minneapolis. Wow, what an amazing show. It's not often you get to witness someone who is the best in the world at what they do.
juju
Fairway Surgeon
 
Posts: 768
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:15 pm
Favorite Disc: First Run Buzzz

Re: What concerts are you going to?

Postby uNicedmeMan » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:11 am

Tonight:

Karl Denson w/ Slightly Stoopid Tribute to Beastie Boys
Image

For free because my co-worker won two pairs of tickets!
-Find the Others-
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler
User avatar
 
Posts: 2585
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:18 pm
Location: Charm City
Favorite Disc: Gotta be the PD

Re: What concerts are you going to?

Postby Timko » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:26 pm

juju wrote:
Timko wrote:I'm going to see Punch Brothers next Tuesday. This will be my 2nd show with them this year. If you get a chance, go see this band, even if you don't like bluegrass. They have so much energy, passion , and talent.


Saw them last night in Minneapolis. Wow, what an amazing show. It's not often you get to witness someone who is the best in the world at what they do.


Everyone in that band is rediculious. Noam (banjo) is up for a Grammy for his bluegrass solo album. Tabs (fiddle) produced and played on it.

Did you get a chance to see the opening act, The Milk Carton Kids? Amazing voices, and great guitar work. The guy who plays lead is one of the better flat pickets I've heard in a while.
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth
User avatar
 
Posts: 7708
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:21 pm
Location: KCMO

Re: What concerts are you going to?

Postby juju » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:32 pm

Timko wrote:Did you get a chance to see the opening act, The Milk Carton Kids? Amazing voices, and great guitar work. The guy who plays lead is one of the better flat pickets I've heard in a while.


I did and enjoyed their set as well.
juju
Fairway Surgeon
 
Posts: 768
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:15 pm
Favorite Disc: First Run Buzzz

Re: What concerts are you going to?

Postby Pwingles » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:59 pm

keltik wrote:
Pwingles wrote:Coheed and Cambria tonigheeeeet, stoked


They're still together? I used to catch a lot of flack for liking them.

Yeah. Tell flak givers to get fucked imo
Pwingles
1000 Rated Poster
User avatar
 
Posts: 1059
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:49 pm
Location: Missouwi
Favorite Disc: Gwoove

Re: What concerts are you going to?

Postby Timko » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:26 pm

juju wrote:
Timko wrote:Did you get a chance to see the opening act, The Milk Carton Kids? Amazing voices, and great guitar work. The guy who plays lead is one of the better flat pickets I've heard in a while.


I did and enjoyed their set as well.



Whenever I describe Chris Thile as a musical savant, this is generally the video I post.

It's a cover of Back's E Major Prelude. On a fuckin' mandolin.



The band also does covers. Like this classic. Radiohead's Morning Bell. For those that don't know, Morning Bell is a song in 5/4 that constantly changes between major and minor keys. Think of that when your listening to these guys shred solos.

jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth
User avatar
 
Posts: 7708
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:21 pm
Location: KCMO

Re: What concerts are you going to?

Postby juju » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:25 pm

Get your hands on the 7/27/02 show with him and Bela. Prepare to have your mind blown.
juju
Fairway Surgeon
 
Posts: 768
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:15 pm
Favorite Disc: First Run Buzzz

Re: What concerts are you going to?

Postby juju » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:30 pm

juju wrote:Get your hands on the 7/27/02 show with him and Bela. Prepare to have your mind blown.


http://www.shnflac.net/details.php?id=7 ... c19a1ac007

Warning, I don't know if this is safe (99% sure it is) but there are probably many other places to find this amazing show.
juju
Fairway Surgeon
 
Posts: 768
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:15 pm
Favorite Disc: First Run Buzzz

Previous

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest