Pasks new bag set up

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Pasks new bag set up

Postby pask2155 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:38 pm

Distance drivers- 400+
Overstable- sword
Straight- nuke
Understable- blizz Teedevil

Fairway drivers- 330-380'
Understable- worn pline pd
Straight- newer sline pd
Overstable- predator

Midrange- 270-330'
Straight to under stable- buzz
Straight to overstable- vector

Putters anything under 250'
MVP- ion
MVP anode

I also carry a force and a the predator for clicking annys and spike hyzers...

What do y'all think?
pask2155
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: NUKE/PD/BUZZ/ION

Re: Pasks new bag set up

Postby JR » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:40 am

I can't get the Nuke to finish straight unless i throw it so low that it drops to the ground before it fades. Rain and to an extent cold will limit the usability of some of your discs but how much depends on your skin tackiness, warmth and grip strength too. Other than that is looks like a good bag if you can power down the Vector and get it to fade enough for escape shots and tight short corners. Especially if there is a ceiling that forces you to throw low. And if you don't need to avoid skipping in landing.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby pask2155 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:53 am

Yeah well for nuke and when I say straight I mean it flexes out right and comes back left but is right out in front of me. Yes you need lots of room but for me that is any 400' plus hole. If I want a tunnel shot and have no room but need big d I will always default to hyzerflipping something understable which would probably be my pPD. It mught not hit 400' everytime like a nuke but it will be close and on a laser line straight. So i guess maybe I should have said the nuke for me is stable rather than straight.

As far as the vector goes I know what your talking about for those shots. But there isn't much more of an overstable mid, is there? And when in trouble and a low line and i need a ton of fade I'll use the pred, under power it, and it will hook like a beast! And it's esp so it doesn't bounce a ton.

But while we're on the subject JR what would you recommend with more fade the a vector to get out of trouble? And why would I met be able to use my discs in the rain? Most of th are ESP or s-line. It doesn't get much grumpier then that...
pask2155
Tree Magnet

Postby allsport1313 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:39 am

Zone or wasp pretty OS
allsport1313
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: plastic

Postby pask2155 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:03 pm

allsport1313 wrote:Zone or wasp pretty OS

You think they are more overstable the the vector? I thought it was similar to a wasp???
pask2155
Tree Magnet

Postby allsport1313 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:09 pm

Yeah the Zone definitely. I don't know bout the Wasp, but my Z Wasp feels a lot like a Zone. This chart is a decent reference:

http://www.marshallstreetdiscgolf.com/media/flight%20chart%20(updated%207-7)%20.png
allsport1313
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: plastic

Postby cubeofsoup » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:51 pm

My zone is more overstable and way shorter than my wasp. Wasp for me feels like a very fresh, slightly more overstable Roc.
cubeofsoup
Tree Magnet

Postby JR » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:47 pm

If the Zone is too much, Gator or the driver shaped Blaze. Demons vary and i haven't thrown those or Whippets but they are bad ass overstable too. Rubber and base plastics are way grippier than MVP plastics and many Stars and ESPs are hard and slick and even the tackiest ones are slicker than Pro, X and base plastics.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion