Disc Golf Prodigy

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Disc Golf Prodigy

Postby keltik » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:44 am

well 'tis the season and all that. but I think we're all a bit worn out with rumor and speculation. I think whomever or whatever is doing this big change needs to put out an official teaser announcement announcing the coming announcement of change that will announce the total change of the face of disc golf.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby Leopard » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:30 am

dstearns5 wrote:JHern has really let us down on this one. How can he be the TMZ of disc golf after that performance?

He's still our TMZ... he let us know that Nate, Val, and Avery aren't going anywhere. 8)
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer

Favorite Disc: Leo

Postby Stringbean » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:21 am

I heard a rumor that Butler, Xavier, and Dayton are going to join the Catholic 7 to form a 10 team conference free of FBS BS. The Big East Conference will sell their name to the C7 beginning with the 2014-15 BBall season and dissolve. Nice to see basketball driving the bus for a change.
Stringbean
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Panther

Postby Star Shark » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:40 pm

I hate to be the wet blanket here but I still think that companies seriously overestimate the money to be made within disc golf. Those of us who seriously keep track of the sport online are a very small minority. I'd guess roughly the same as the number of disc golfers who play tournaments. The guys we all see out there on the course who throw once in a while and own like 4 discs are the vast majority of those in the game. Granted, our small minority spends most of the money in the game. Bags, shoes, 20 discs just for playing plus backups and collectibles, clothing. We do spend alot but it's usually in spurts spread out ever few years. Most, however, got into the game because it's cheap. Most courses are free to play, buy or 'find' a disc or two for throwing. It's very hard to make a buck in the game. Also, this vast majority often has no idea there is a PDGA, let alone Pros at this game. Thoughts are a bit disorganized just now, but you guys get the gist.
-- Star Shark
Star Shark
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Ghost, Patriot, SL

Postby JHern » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:19 am

Leopard wrote:
dstearns5 wrote:JHern has really let us down on this one. How can he be the TMZ of disc golf after that performance?

He's still our TMZ... he let us know that Nate, Val, and Avery aren't going anywhere. 8)

Actually, Nate and Val are moving to Bend, OR, to brew beer in a serious way, and be able to afford to rent a place (hard to do in the Cruz!).

This whole Disc Golf Prodigy thing is all hype. Yeah, so we're going to hear some big "plans" in 2013. Plans mean nothing, let's see what they actually accomplish. I'm not holding my breath, let's see where they're at in 2015.
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby turso » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:57 am

I'm starting to think "Disc Golf Parody" suits better. Hopefully I'll be proven wrong.
Frank Delicious wrote:Every groove is a unique snowflake of suck.

NOS, PD, River, Roc3, Comet, Trident, Mercy, JOKERi, XXX
turso
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: FR Roc3

Postby JR » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:14 am

There might be a lot of money to be made in disc golf and Val and Nate may have hit the nail on the head product selection wise. 6x world champion beer anyone? Slurp :-P Guess which product sells the most at tourneys etc. after that if it's good?
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby mark12b » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:11 am

I visited Bend, OR this past summer and sampled over 70 beers in one day. :) Great town!
mark12b
1000 Rated Poster

Postby JHern » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:35 am

JR wrote:There might be a lot of money to be made in disc golf and Val and Nate may have hit the nail on the head product selection wise. 6x world champion beer anyone? Slurp :-P Guess which product sells the most at tourneys etc. after that if it's good?

mark12b wrote:I visited Bend, OR this past summer and sampled over 70 beers in one day. :) Great town!

Yeah, we're sad to see them go, but they made a great move, I think. Craft beer is a growth industry and excellent career prospect, so they can channel their passions into something that will actually pay off in the long-term. They are passionate about it, love the work, and all of you know how intense their focused efforts can be...my wife and I keep thinking about how cute and awesome their kids would be (if/when they decide to procreate).
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby Frank Delicious » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:15 pm

can't believe none of their discs have been PDGA approved yet.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby chainsmoker » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:31 pm

Maybe they don't need to be approved...
chainsmoker
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Leopard » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:57 pm

Frank Delicious wrote:can't believe none of their discs have been PDGA approved yet.

PDGA has been honoring some requests lately to NOT publicize proprietary info, which is awesome. They've held release details for Vibram and MVP, to my knowledge.
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer

Favorite Disc: Leo

Postby chunk » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:58 pm

Frank Delicious wrote:can't believe none of their discs have been PDGA approved yet.

yea, this thing doesn't sound well thought out to me.
what would willie do?
chunk
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: DX Roc

Postby keltik » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:13 pm

I still can't get over the craft beer thing.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby veganray » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:16 pm

Naterie Donkins Brewing Company FTW
Ryen91 wrote:I am pretty sure I am more intelligent then you think and have allot more knowledge then your post might suggest.

Cheers & chings!
Vegan Ray
formerly #21579
veganray
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: DX Gremlin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion