News from the PDGA

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

News from the PDGA

Postby chainchaser » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:21 am

I thought that this was some great news from the PDGA. I figure I would post it and we could discuss our thoughts on it here. Please try to be civil. I think this is a good start and shows that even though we don't think it but the PDGA is trying to do more to promote the sport. Brian Graham was a great interview and I will have the rest of the podcast out soon. Just as the interview ended I lost power at my house so I have a little bit of editing to do to get it done.

This is the forward thinking I think some have thought the PDGA didn't have. I have heard rumors but here is the conformation that we will see Disc Golf on cable somewhere. It's a start!!

News From the PDGA
chainchaser
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Surge SS

Re: News from the PDGA

Postby veganray » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:27 am

My thoughts on this odious subject: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=25488
Ryen91 wrote:I am pretty sure I am more intelligent then you think and have allot more knowledge then your post might suggest.

Cheers & chings!
Vegan Ray
formerly #21579
veganray
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: DX Gremlin

Postby chainchaser » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:36 am

Oh well one opinion. I think it will work and i think it is a smart move to get in with an established program that has worked. It's not all doom and gloom as you suggest and i think this is a positive and forward motion for the sport. Will it succeed maybe or maybe not but hey you got to try so why would you not do something like this. I can't wait to see it and will make my judgement then.
chainchaser
Tree Magnet

Postby veganray » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:48 am

chainchaser wrote:an established program that has worked

:lol: Look at the website for this venture (http://www.emergingsports.info/) & say that with a straight face. Jeez, man.
Ryen91 wrote:I am pretty sure I am more intelligent then you think and have allot more knowledge then your post might suggest.

Cheers & chings!
Vegan Ray
formerly #21579
veganray
Plastic Fondler

Postby chainchaser » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:30 am

Hey why not!!Look at the crap people watch theses days. Also i was not talking about that. That part is new the other two sport have been on cable for a couple years now so that shows it can work.
chainchaser
Tree Magnet

Postby chainchaser » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:30 am

double post
Last edited by chainchaser on Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chainchaser
Tree Magnet

Postby Dbuntu » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:49 am

veganray wrote:Look at the website for this venture (http://www.emergingsports.info/) & say that with a straight face. Jeez, man.

You make a strong case.
It is a poor carpenter who blames his tools
Dbuntu
Noob

Favorite Disc: All of them

Postby JHern » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:16 pm

There is an astounding ton of garbage broadcast every minute over cable TV. With digital, it is becoming easier and cheaper to produce content as well as produce a digital cable TV broadcast.

Disc golf on cable is fun for people who already disc golf and who like to watch disc golf on TV. It will be nothing more than that. We have a lot of local cable coverage already where I live, but the programming is all over the place, and there is little regularity or plan to them. Would love to see a channel where you know what you'll be watching, and when.
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby veganray » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:26 pm

JHern wrote:Disc golf on cable is fun for both of the people who already disc golf and who like to watch disc golf on TV. It will be nothing more than that.
FTFY

But you're exactly right, Mr. Hernlund. The germane question is, "How much of your $$ can you tolerate the pDGA funneling into Dueseler's pocket to attempt to bring into being such an ignoble 'best case' goal?"
Last edited by veganray on Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cheers & chings!
Vegan Ray
formerly #21579
veganray
Plastic Fondler

Postby chainchaser » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:47 pm

Wow!, I hate to say this but you people are f'ing depressing!! :? :(
chainchaser
Tree Magnet

Postby veganray » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:07 pm

Don't let us cynical realists get you down, cc. If you want to open up your wallet every year & feather Dueseler's nest, hoping for the big payoff of four - count 'em four - half-hour clipshows sandwiched between 3rd rate ball bumpers and tiny boats buzzing in circles on a channel no provider even carries (note HOPING, remembering the wild success the pDGA has had with other media ventures [magazine?]), have at it, brother. Just don't expect a chorus of "AMEN"s from those of us not seated next to you in the front row of the choir.

Cheers & chings!
Vegan Ray
formerly #21579
veganray
Plastic Fondler

Postby chainchaser » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:15 pm

WOW!! You really think someone is getting rich off of disc golf? You are not a cynical realist but more of a person that needs a reality check. :roll:
chainchaser
Tree Magnet

Postby ferretdance03 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:55 pm

chainchaser wrote:WOW!! You really think someone is getting rich off of disc golf? You are not a cynical realist but more of a person that needs a reality check. :roll:

Pretty sure Ray knows Duesler isn't getting rich off this (these) ventures, it's more the principal. He is getting paid by the pDGA, which is "our" money, and there seems to be little to no satisfactory return.
ferretdance03
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: glow wizard

Postby iacas » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:25 pm

ferretdance03 wrote:Pretty sure Ray knows Duesler isn't getting rich off this (these) ventures, it's more the principal. He is getting paid by the pDGA, which is "our" money, and there seems to be little to no satisfactory return.

I know you're just pointing out what ray is trying to say, but as you likely know it ceases to be "your" money when you give it to someone else. If you (the general "you" not specifically you ferretdance) don't want to support the PDGA, don't buy their memberships or play in their tournaments.

As for this topic, well, I'm adopting a "wait and see" approach.
Erik from Erie, PA • PDGA #55398

Erie Disc Golf on FacebookOn the Web
iacas
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Volt

Postby ferretdance03 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:56 pm

I say ours, because as Chuck likes to point out when the pitchfork and torches come out, the pDGA is a member run organization. I guess we really have no one to blame but ourselves, we voted for the board.
ferretdance03
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: glow wizard

Next

Return to General Discussion