Favorite putter

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Favorite putter

Postby pask2155 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:28 am

maybe i missed it, but I have read all of this thread, but what exactly is hot stamping? Could we maybe get a pic of it?
pask2155
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: NUKE/PD/BUZZ/ION

Postby iacas » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:06 am

pask2155 wrote:maybe i missed it, but I have read all of this thread, but what exactly is hot stamping? Could we maybe get a pic of it?

I've responded to you here, Mark, as I don't wish to hijack this thread any farther than I've already done, and I apologize for my role in this (hopefully brief) detour.

Favorite putter is still the Wizard. :) My chalkies and erasers and whatnot arrive tomorrow.
Erik from Erie, PA • PDGA #55398

Erie Disc Golf on FacebookOn the Web
iacas
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Volt

Postby Monkeypaws » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:23 am

I only have 1 putter, an Avair P&A; it's taken getting used to, as I don't fancy the deep rim many putters have, but I am starting to dial it in on the putts I should be making.
Monkeypaws
Noob

Favorite Disc: Innova Shark

Postby LuckyEagle405 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:26 pm

anyone used any of the vibram putters?
Grip it and Rip it
LuckyEagle405
Noob

Favorite Disc: Truth

Postby dgdave » Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:01 pm

Did for 2 years. Never really clicked with the summit, but loved the VP and ridge. I just slowly worked my way back to putters with more glide
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby gknmnstr » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:15 pm

My favorite putter, Latitude 64 opto pure.
Here is an ace with one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ISgd_FqIEY
Pure-Fuse-River-Halo
gknmnstr
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: FUSE/RIVER

Postby JR » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:16 am

LuckyEagle405 wrote:anyone used any of the vibram putters?

All of them except soft Ridge, VP and Summit if they even exist. Why do you ask?
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby LuckyEagle405 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:26 pm

I was thinking of getting one. ended up getting a v.p. and I'm loving it. super predictable fade. New favorite putter.
Grip it and Rip it
LuckyEagle405
Noob

Favorite Disc: Truth

Postby tjh0188 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:26 pm

I love my vp off the tee and for approaches. I have a ridge and summit as well but the vp gets most of the play. I also have been trying out a magic in sss and just picked up an ss wizard to test.
Pure-VP-Fuse-Mace-River-Saint Pro-Firebird-Flow-Giant
tjh0188
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: River

Postby ChainBomber » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:37 pm

P2 from discmania is my go to right now. Also have a magnet and a Putt'r

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
ChainBomber
Noob

Favorite Disc: Buzz / Sidewinder

Postby sweeper » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:34 am

I love Rattlers. I have had one in my bag almost since I started playing. I actually use them for most upshots and drives inside of 200' and for putting. It is just good to have a disc that I can throw or putt dead straight. Wind is obviously a problem for me. I usually have 4 that I rotate through my bag and pick my favorite two for tourneys. They take a while to break in to where I like to throw them, so I try to have more than two ready at all times in case something bad happens to the ones I am throwing.

I also carry stable aviars (BB or star or champ-glow) for windy days and anything I need to throw to the left. I would carry more putters but I have limited room in my bag and really don't want to carry a heavier bag. (sissy girlpants)
* Pulse * Katana * Eagle X*Roc * Meteor * Aviar * Rattler *
sweeper
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Rattler

Postby chainsmoker » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:28 am

Not my favorite putter, but I really like the Rattler too. I read about the different lid like putters and bought a Sonic and a Polecat because they were more readily available, but I wasn't too impressed till I got a Rattler. The Sonic and the Polecat had a decent fade at low speeds. In my case I use the Rattler for really long putts I want to make a run at, long downhill upshots that can't fade and upshots in the woods. They don't get used a bunch but are worth a spot in my bag.
chainsmoker
Fairway Surgeon

Postby JR » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:48 am

The APX gives the Rattlers a good run sacrificing only a little of the benefits of the lids not gaining in anything really so whichever you use they are greatly helped by a beefier putter. And my average hit rate per distance was the highest with most putting practice ever put in with Rattlers. About 50 % make rate at 50' for a month and a half to almost two months. Winter so i had not much better to do training wise. It was sure part the disc and not just the practice. I practice putting way too little since then being so disappointed in the make rate with other discs. And being bitten by the poor performance on average with the Rattler across the mostly windy days around the year here by the sea side. Gusts and stuff. Back then my arm injury could not withstand the grip of the Rattler much either so it was practical necessity that forced me to switch to less straining discs=thinner ones. After years of recuperation and rehab Rattlers might still be too steep and their wind handling has not changed to i can't go back to them. If anyone can play in mostly calm conditions and can handle the tall profile they are hard pressed to find a deadlier putter than rubber based tacky Rattlers. Unless you can pry the lizard stamped ones from Mark Ellis :-)

For me personally grip easiness for my injuries and wind beating performance my favorite putter does not exist yet. It could be two different kinds of disc at least that i've identified. Rattler with wind beating and as a bonus a thinner grip or a tacky suitable Ion or the best kind of Anode. Since the best Ions are almost like thinner Rattlers but lack the grip i'm screwed. At least if i don't apply a really good grip enhancer. That is an avenue that needs exploration. I had slip out during putting, approaches and especially driving today and it wasn't even cold for the season 34F.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Previous

Return to Equipment