What disc would you miss the most?

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: What disc would you miss the most?

Postby pask2155 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:35 pm

A really beat pPD. Everything else I think I could get new and be happy. But this thing is my baby for tunnel shots over 350'
pask2155
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: NUKE/PD/BUZZ/ION

Postby Mark Ellis » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:18 pm

Well obviously it has to be a beat up disc as anything new is easily replaced with another new disc. Of course, I throw Discraft and rumor is this tendency is not universally true. :D

I actively build backups against the risk of loss including trading for beat up versions of the staples in my bag. Good thing too as a couple weeks ago a beat up 1st run Z Tracker cracked on me, not even on a throw ( I didn't know candy plastic could crack. Slice or gouge sure but crack?). The 2nd string has stepped forward very well or this now deceased disc would have been my choice as most missed.

Now my vote goes to my most beat up X Buzzz. This was a Christmas gift from Discraft with a Christmas custom hotstamp from maybe a decade ago, the stamp long worn off by use. This disc is an absolute upshot staple getting more use than the other 3 Buzzzes I carry combined. Last winter I faced a very risky drive (very risky for losing it) so I had a buddy (an experienced Pro player) go around the blind corner to spot it. He reported it went over the basket and was no more than 30 feet long. We looked for a long time. I returned twice on my own and put in at least an hour in further fruitless search.

6 months later I got a call it had been found, evidently 100 feet past the basket in an impenetrable swampy thicket. When I got it back it fought its way back into the starting lineup. As many of you know, within a few weeks of replacing a lost disc you learn and adapt to the replacement so well it is hard to kick it out. But from regularly playing a few courses with lots of water hazards, the formerly lost disc filled in as a Risk Disc and proved its value.
Mark Ellis
The Big Fundamental

Favorite Disc: Rattler

Postby JR » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:21 pm

pask2155 wrote:A really beat pPD. Everything else I think I could get new and be happy. But this thing is my baby for tunnel shots over 350'

River and Leo finish even straighter and aren't as flippy as Sidewinders. I heard a rumor about non flippy Sidewinders of clear durable plastic but they are the exception.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby sweeper » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:04 am

If I couldn't throw Rattlers any more I would be very sad.
* Pulse * Katana * Eagle X*Roc * Meteor * Aviar * Rattler *
sweeper
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Rattler

Postby chunk » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:46 pm

my yellow 172g dx roc. it has been in my bag for ~3 years and has a beautiful flight with just a little turn and almost no fade. i lost it for about two months this past spring and it was sorely missed.
what would willie do?
chunk
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: DX Roc

Postby ChainBomber » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:18 pm

my P2 putter.. i have gained some much confidence with this putter, it would hurt my game until i found something similar that i like.
ChainBomber
Noob

Favorite Disc: Buzz / Sidewinder

Postby limonsock » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:52 am

DX banshee. its the only thing i've got that will go straight and 300' forehand. Every other disc's shot can be relatively replicated with something else in the bag.
Current bag is sloppy yet fun; Judges, comet, wasp, FD's, river?, saint?, PD's, Flow, D1, Nuke, ...
limonsock
Noob

Favorite Disc: today its a comet

Previous

Return to Equipment