Lat. 64 Ruby and Pearl... Discuss

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Lat. 64 Ruby and Pearl... Discuss

Postby Pwingles » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:46 am

http://www.pdga.com/announcements/r-u-red-e-4-ruby

http://www.pdga.com/announcements/pearl-is-revealed

From what the description reads, these will compliment the diamond in their line of easier to throw/lighter discs, interesting
Pwingles
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Gwoove

Re: Lat. 64 Ruby and Pearl... Discuss

Postby BLURR » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:58 am

I will be purchasing one of each for my son as he loves his Diamond. Glad to see a company really show promise for the younger kids. I know Gateway tried it for a bit, but it never really took off for them. Hopefully the Lat64 stuff sticks around.
If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby ForeverBlue232 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:12 pm

It seems most talk about these discs being good for kids. Would they also be good for anyone I try to introduce to the sport for the first time? If so it might be worth it to have 2 sets to use for friends I drag to the park to play. hehehe
JimW wrote:If the answer isn't PD you asked the wrong question.

**Flow**Northman**Amp**PD**Stag**Drone**Wasp**Mace**Suspect**Tangent**Anode**
ForeverBlue232
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby Dag » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:07 pm

ForeverBlue232 wrote:It seems most talk about these discs being good for kids. Would they also be good for anyone I try to introduce to the sport for the first time? If so it might be worth it to have 2 sets to use for friends I drag to the park to play. hehehe

More or less, yes. In addition to the lower weights and understable flight, the Light line discs are also designed to accommodate smaller hands. If your new player is Joe Kielbasafinger they may not be the best option.
...there was a time when you were taught to find the best disc for you, not the best disc for your situation on the course, which is how they are sold now. IMO, the flight charts are basically there to point out all the stuff you dont have in your bag and why you suck.

Chase Roberts
Dag
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Discworld

Postby BrotherDave » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:03 pm

Anybody messed around with these?
Some discs of various sizes, weight, plastic and mold.
BrotherDave
Blue-footed booby fan

Favorite Disc: DX Blue Footed Booby

Postby JR » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:56 am

I held them at a store and looked at them and put them back to wait if i see good looking reviews of them before i'll try them.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Discblaster » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:38 pm

I have an 159g opto pearl, Rashida Jones.

So, I also own a 160g diamond, and while I believe THAT disc is for newer players to get better power and distance as they continue to throw it, I believe the Pearl is more for newer players who want to learn proper form. For example, out of the box I could basically get max D out of the pearl, but I noticed if you don't release it perfectly flat it will flatten out for you and try to shape a line. It basically, to me, is a disc that will stay fairly accurate even if you aren't, and when you've got the Pearl basically PIN POINT accurate to where you are aiming it, you need to step up to a heavier disc with a bigger rim.

I've never even held a ruby though, cause I'm set on putters right now.
TD Rush| Valkyrie|FD Jackal|River|Diamond|Warship|MIDARi|Fuse|Pearl|Soft Anode|JOKERi|Swan2
Discblaster
Noob

Favorite Disc: LAT64 Opto River

Return to Equipment