Yeti Pro Aviars

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Yeti Pro Aviars

Postby JR » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:22 am

In the long term do the 4xs also wear more like KC plastic? My 3x broek in way too soon on my rocky home course and yeah it not ideal conditions for r-proey material but i meant it as an acid test and removing some of the LSS. Well the HSS went first and more so so i as left with a disc that can't handle any winds predictably even with reduced power.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby chunk » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:23 am

JR wrote:In the long term do the 4xs also wear more like KC plastic? My 3x broek in way too soon on my rocky home course and yeah it not ideal conditions for r-proey material but i meant it as an acid test and removing some of the LSS. Well the HSS went first and more so so i as left with a disc that can't handle any winds predictably even with reduced power.

i don't think yeti's will ever wear as slowly as kc plastic and i haven't noticed much difference in wear between my 3x and 4x's.
what would willie do?
chunk
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: DX Roc

Postby JR » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:03 pm

I did not expect KC type of wear from the 4x but i'd be happier if it didn't wear out in 4-6 rounds on a rocky course with a lot of putter drives like the 3x did. That is anny worthy disc now and nothing else except perhaps a roller and a putting putter at best. If a 4x would survive longer it would be more viable. But no biggie if it is not because i'm happy with the flight and durability plus tackiness of the Sole. It is shorter than the Yeti though and grip and release wise i might have gotten over the bead and like the sunken in flight plate better and since the x is tackier than the 3x the grip could suit me well. I could of course throw the 4xs elsewhere and use the sole on the rocky course. That is why i'm interested in hearing comparisons of the durability of the 4x as a driving putter on different kinds of courses. I tend to play on wooded courses and my home course is all rocks.

I need to see if there are 4xs at my local store to fondle the next time i get there but before that i need to know if the 4x is gonna last in fairly straight mode for 300' line drives more than a couple of weeks like happened to the 3x.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Previous

Return to Equipment