Help with mold# and stability

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Help with mold# and stability

Postby keltik » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:48 pm

yeah sure try whatever fits your hand. and don't go to far under 150. The 150 to 159 wts supposedly do the best. the 135 I have is just weird for me. I can't power it down enough. but like I said I'm no 990 rated player.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby PMantle » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:54 pm

Cool, thanks.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby JR » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:57 am

PMantle wrote:
JR wrote:At your power even 130 Wraiths fade too much for best distance.

Maybe I was not clear. The 140 Wraith is a problem because of turn over, not fade. It is right up there with my archangel as my least stable disc. My problems with it are many, but fade is not one of them. It hits the ground right as fast as anything I've ever thrown unless the conditions are perfect. It may be defective for all I know. I bought it just to mess around with because I was so surprised to see it at our local Academy. They don't carry much under about 165 for the most part. It's pink, so I will keep it for the wife if she ever decides to come play with us. :lol:

Do not confuse stability in the early part of the flight with stability in the end of the flight. Turning in the early part is not really connected to the distance the disc can get but the fade kills off distance. The fact that the Wraith turns a lot in the beginning does not mean that it won't fade a lot on every other line than s-curves and even in those a less fading disc would finish flattish and get farther. All wide rimmed discs are difficult to manufacture consistently and Blizzards are legendary in their huge variations in the same weight and color being so different from disc to disc.

TLs _are _ drivers and s-curved they pick up distance nicely closing the gap well.

Unusable is one thing but 150s Leos are finicky when powered and can't take winds at all. Star Leos are even more resistant to flipping than Champs and i can't flip my 175 Star Leo. It fades earlier and harder than the Champ so it is shorter. And a hair more wind tolerant. Not a real wind beater by any means still.

I'm not sure that any Blizzard disc is the best option for you automatically. Wraiths and Katanas have the lowest power requirement of the fast ones and Starlite Roadrunner even less and that is the only low fade disc but man it is flippy even at 200'.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby PMantle » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:21 am

JR wrote:
PMantle wrote:
JR wrote:At your power even 130 Wraiths fade too much for best distance.

Maybe I was not clear. The 140 Wraith is a problem because of turn over, not fade. It is right up there with my archangel as my least stable disc. My problems with it are many, but fade is not one of them. It hits the ground right as fast as anything I've ever thrown unless the conditions are perfect. It may be defective for all I know. I bought it just to mess around with because I was so surprised to see it at our local Academy. They don't carry much under about 165 for the most part. It's pink, so I will keep it for the wife if she ever decides to come play with us. :lol:

Do not confuse stability in the early part of the flight with stability in the end of the flight. Turning in the early part is not really connected to the distance the disc can get but the fade kills off distance. The fact that the Wraith turns a lot in the beginning does not mean that it won't fade a lot on every other line than s-curves and even in those a less fading disc would finish flattish and get farther.

Look, you said it fades too much for best distance. You said even though you have read what I've written, you 've not seen this disc, you've not thrown this disc. Fade is not the issue with this disc. Fade is not the issue with this disc. A disc cannot fade from the ground :lol:
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Pure

Previous

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion