turnkey disc golf package for a school

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

turnkey disc golf package for a school

Postby fore » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:37 am

I've been approached by a private school (~600 students) that is interested in incorporating disc golf to their middle school (grades 7-8) and high school (grades 9-12) PE curriculum, beginning in March. They're also hoping to offer a few two week disc golf "day camps" this summer. The longer term (18-24 month) plan is to install a permanent course, however the immediate need is for 6-9 portable baskets, putters and midrange discs (40-50 each), minis, and bags.

Any recommendations of disc golf manufacturers and/or vendors (besides EDGE*) that offer turnkey packages (baskets, discs, bags) for schools?

Re: EDGE - due to the location of the school, the baskets will need to be set up and taken down daily, to ensure they don't "wander off," so durability and mechanical reliability are issues. My Discatcher Traveler (bought in Oct 2011), which gets set up once or twice a week, is showing pretty significant wear, so I'm not convinced that Travelers will hold up. (I'm also not sold on the durability of 150-class DX plastic.)
fore
Noob

Favorite Disc: Phenix

Re: turnkey disc golf package for a school

Postby Chuck Kennedy » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:51 am

I believe you can still buy the EDGE curriculum without baskets and even discs and substitute what you think would be better from other portable and disc manufacturers.
Chuck Kennedy
1000 Rated Poster

Re: turnkey disc golf package for a school

Postby BLURR » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:17 am

I know that Gateway Disc Sports has custom curriculum packages for schools looking to get into disc golf. Give the shop a call at 314.487.5204 and they should be able to get you hooked up, tell them Joe Thompson sent you.
If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Comet

Return to General Discussion