Courses to play in North Little Rock, AR?

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Courses to play in North Little Rock, AR?

Postby Birdie30 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:17 am

Heading to North Little Rock, Ar at the end of the week and Im taking some discs of course. Im hoping the weather down there will be nicer then here in NE. So anyone ever play the area that could help me out with the best places to play? Seen one, Think it was Burns park? Any others worth playing?
Birdie30
Noob

Favorite Disc: Z Comet

Re: Courses to play in North Little Rock, AR?

Postby dgdave » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:50 am

I've only played burns, but it's nice. There are 2 courses there. One tight one open.
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby 7ontheline » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:20 am

Burns Park

I heard they were thinking about consolidating these two courses, if they haven't already. A little rocky so don't throw you favorite DX :roll:
Magic / Judge / PA2 - Tursas / QMS / Buzzz / Mace - QJ / E / F - Renegade / O / D1

JHern wrote:If your putter isn't your favorite disc, get a new putter.
7ontheline
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Judge

Postby Timko » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:04 pm

3rd playing Burns. Both are solid courses. I seem to normally play the technical one when I'm visiting my brother (he lives in LR).

The other courses around aren't that great. Burns is by far the best option in the area.

Now if you're up for driving somewhere, take an hour detour and go play Wildcat in Hot Springs. It's a Houck design, and totally in the woods. It's a BEAST from the longs.
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby Birdie30 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:21 pm

Thanks guy I will definetly hit up Burns. Everyone says good things about the courses. Wildcat sound killer, Love some woods. I might just take the drive just so I could see this course!
Birdie30
Noob

Favorite Disc: Z Comet

Postby curt » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:23 pm

A few things about Little Rock Disc golf. Burns Park has a christmas light display that closes one of the courses during the holidays. I have no idea if it has been taken down or not yet. (If It hasn't, take the first driveway instead of the second and you can start on the back nine of the red course). There have been rumors that the red course is being removed, but I don't know if it has started yet.

There is also a new course in Little Rock at Reservoir Park. It is pretty awesome if you like short and tight in the woods. However, this course got slammed by the winter storm a few weeks ago. There were hundreds of trees down around the course the last time I played. The first 15 holes were fine, just difficult to navigate. The final 3 were unplayable. I have no idea what state Burns Park is in though.

I definitely 2nd Hot Springs, but the course may have also gotten hit hard by the storm.
curt
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Rawww!

Return to Courses