Disc Golf Prodigy

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Disc Golf Prodigy

Postby Working Stiff » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:13 pm

Flipflat wrote:So if you untie the front that cuff folds down and you have neck protection?
Nah, it's just a band you pull down over your ears. That one looks like you don't even have to pull it down.
Furthur wrote:Either get a lighter one, throw harder, or find a disc with more glide.
Working Stiff
Super Moderator of DGCR

Favorite Disc: Ontario Roc

Postby 7ontheline » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:09 pm

C'mon guys, those hats would get you mugged as an easy mark in the wrong neighborhoods in Memphis.

Anyway, a buddy saw Cam bomb and says the plastic is "pretty amazing" but still no word on a release date??
Magic / Judge / PA2 - Tursas / QMS / Buzzz / Mace - QJ / E / F - Renegade / O / D1

JHern wrote:If your putter isn't your favorite disc, get a new putter.
7ontheline
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Judge

Postby Working Stiff » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:22 pm

7ontheline wrote:C'mon guys, those hats would get you mugged as an easy mark in the wrong neighborhoods in Memphis.

Anyway, a buddy saw Cam bomb and says the plastic is "pretty amazing" but still no word on a release date??
Why would we derail a thread about Prodigy discs to talk about Yooper hats? Easy, we actually know something about Yooper hats. :P
Furthur wrote:Either get a lighter one, throw harder, or find a disc with more glide.
Working Stiff
Super Moderator of DGCR

Postby JR » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:46 am

I can't guarantee that you'd get beaten up here for wearing a hat like that but you might for wearing something so ...i'll be polite and let you insert a suitable adjective :-)
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Disc Golf Live » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:18 am

Floyd R. Turbo perhaps picked up for Prodigy because of his hat or cool name?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqXDN3Scsls

R.I.P. Floyd.
Joe Wander
Producer and Editor
Disc Golf Live video magazine
www.discgolflive.com
Bringing DG to TV, one community at a time
Disc Golf Live
Tree Magnet

Postby Frank Delicious » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:18 am

Ironwood is really beautiful for like 1 week a year.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby Working Stiff » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:26 am

Ironwood is only something like 30 miles from Highbridge. You could hit up some great disc golf AND get a Yooper hat all in one trip.
Working Stiff
Super Moderator of DGCR

Postby Frank Delicious » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:21 am

The wife won't let me take any discs with me up when we go visit her family up there. I did get to take her grandfather's boat out on Lake Superior and go to some cool island nature preserve when I was up there this last summer.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby djbme83 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:04 am

Jerbob wrote:Why don't you test that theory out? I think you should find out what course they filmed the video at. If the course is in a public park, then take the time to forward the video to the city's parks and recreation department. I would be fascinated to hear the results.

Why couldn't they have just shot this in someones garage, warehouse, or an old abandoned building? Poor decision.

looks like it's Two Rivers Park in Nashville. If that's the case, it's ok, no one ever goes there. :lol: (note: sarcasm about it being ok, not sarcasm about no one going there)

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=376#
djbme83
Noob

Favorite Disc: Star Leopard

Postby keltik » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:13 am

Frank Delicious wrote:The wife won't let me take any discs with me up when we go visit her family up there. I did get to take her grandfather's boat out on Lake Superior and go to some cool island nature preserve when I was up there this last summer.

My wife is the opposite but still mean. She let's me bring discs to Mexico when we go visit her family. the nearest course to her city is 10 hours by bus...
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby chainsmoker » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:32 pm

keltik wrote:
Frank Delicious wrote:The wife won't let me take any discs with me up when we go visit her family up there. I did get to take her grandfather's boat out on Lake Superior and go to some cool island nature preserve when I was up there this last summer.

My wife is the opposite but still mean. She let's me bring discs to Mexico when we go visit her family. the nearest course to her city is 10 hours by bus...

These posts made me a little sad.
chainsmoker
Fairway Surgeon

Postby JR » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:04 pm

As in cruel and unusual punishment.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby BrotherDave » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:14 pm

7ontheline wrote:C'mon guys, those hats would get you mugged as an easy mark in the wrong neighborhoods in Memphis.

Not if you carried the appropriate accessory of an Elmer Fudd shot gun.
Some discs of various sizes, weight, plastic and mold.
BrotherDave
Blue-footed booby fan

Favorite Disc: DX Blue Footed Booby

Postby dstearns5 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:31 pm

DGCR has declared Prodigy to be amateurish. Whelp folks, it looks like Prodigy is sunk. Nothing else to see here, move along.
dstearns5
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: CE TL

Postby keltik » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:38 pm

eh no reason to get sad. the overnight lows in the winter are in the 60's and the daytime highs are in the 70's. It doesn't get really hot (dry heat I guess) in the summer and the rainy season is only a total of 40 days give or take. everything is really cheap down there (by that I mean food and drink). It's just a really chill place.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion