Discmania

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Discmania

Postby tjh0188 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:32 pm

My p-pd and p-dd feel completely different. The pd is softer and the dd feels more like star but is still pro plastic, just a bit slicker instead of grippy like my pro wraith.
Pure-VP-Fuse-Mace-River-Saint Pro-Firebird-Flow-Giant
tjh0188
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:14 pm
Favorite Disc: River

Re: Discmania

Postby JR » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:48 pm

Earlier P Pds were in the harder slicker plastic. Like DGR P PDs or at least the ones i got.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia
User avatar
 
Posts: 11236
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:07 am
Location: Finland, sea level
Favorite Disc: About to ace

Re: Discmania

Postby discmonkey42 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:57 am

Heated bar argument results in challenge that could win free beer!!!

I just got in trade an SFD.

I made the statement at the bar last night that it's got a serious shot at kicking the pro leo out of my bag.

My Innova only friends (and no, they don't buy the Millennium and DiscMania still say Innova on the bottom argument) then proceeded to trash anyone but Innova as crap and a waste of time. My overconfident reply was that I could fill up my nutsack (god, I never get tired of saying that :D ) with 8 Discmania discs and beat them more times than not. Beer was consumed, hands were shaken, money was contributed for me to buy some discs (refunding if I lose is part of the bet), and a month's bar tab is now on the line.

My only condition is that I don't throw Champ (which I guess is C-line??) plastic.

What goes in this bag? I have almost no experience with these discs. I throw a PPD and love it. The SFD I've thrown all of about 20 times now. I throw an OLF about 350' and a buzzz a tad over 300'. Help, I really love free beer!!!
42
discmonkey42
Fairway Surgeon
User avatar
 
Posts: 698
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:44 am
Location: In my own way
Favorite Disc: OLF

Re: Discmania

Postby warobert » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:01 pm

You need a beat up c-md2 to cover your buzz and most likely a s or c cd to do similar to what your olf does. I'm not a cd expert so I can't tell you exactly what to look for, but you want a flat and slightly gummy md2, emphasis on flat, if you want a buzz replacement.
Mark Ellis wrote:Myth: Climo could beat you with a trash can lid.

Truth: Climo could beat you with a trash can lid left-handed.
warobert
Tree Magnet
User avatar
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:07 pm
Favorite Disc: teebird

Re: Discmania

Postby Stringbean » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:55 pm

TD2 = Roadrunner
Summit - Judge - QMS - Leopard - Eagle - SOLS - QOLF - Beast - Wraith
Stringbean
Tree Magnet
User avatar
 
Posts: 377
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:11 am
Location: SE Wisconsin
Favorite Disc: Panther

Re: Discmania

Postby ferretdance03 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:44 pm

Stringbean wrote:TD2 = Roadrunner

:?: I can and have used a TD(Rush) and Roadrunner almost interchangeably. I was under the impression the TD2 was faster and more Vulcan/Archon-esque. I haven't thrown one though, so perhaps I'm wrong.
ferretdance03
1000 Rated Poster
User avatar
 
Posts: 1877
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2004 11:55 am
Location: PA*sevenoneseven
Favorite Disc: glow wizard

Re: Discmania

Postby Joz » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:47 pm

TD = Roadrunner

TD2 = Mamba
Joz
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 327
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 2:42 pm
Location: Renaissance
Favorite Disc: PD

Re: Discmania

Postby JR » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:00 am

There are different kinds of C MDs. The most common are domey opaques that turn some maybe halfway between a Z and an X Buzzz. D P2 is nice and S has a little more HSS and LSS. P P2 is pretty hard and slick.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia
User avatar
 
Posts: 11236
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:07 am
Location: Finland, sea level
Favorite Disc: About to ace

Re: Discmania

Postby Stringbean » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:02 pm

Isn't the TD noticeably straighter than a Roadrunner? The TD2 is a shade faster than the roadrunner but in terms of HS turn, they are about the same.

TD 10 5 -2 1
TD2 10 5 -4 1
RR 9 5 -4 1
Summit - Judge - QMS - Leopard - Eagle - SOLS - QOLF - Beast - Wraith
Stringbean
Tree Magnet
User avatar
 
Posts: 377
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:11 am
Location: SE Wisconsin
Favorite Disc: Panther

Re: Discmania

Postby Frank Delicious » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:18 pm

The two TD2s I've thrown have been way flippier than any RR.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown
User avatar
 
Posts: 12364
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:43 pm
Location: Drowning in a cold river
Favorite Disc: Wraith

Re: Discmania

Postby 7ontheline » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:32 am

discmonkey42 wrote:
What goes in this bag? I have almost no experience with these discs. I throw a PPD and love it. The SFD I've thrown all of about 20 times now. I throw an OLF about 350' and a buzzz a tad over 300'. Help, I really love free beer!!!


Buy all used discs for $8 shipped, allow them believe you paid retail imported from Europe for $20 shipped, boom... instant hedge.

CD = valk??
Magic / Judge / PA2 - Tursas / QMS / Buzzz / Mace - QJ / E / F - Renegade / O / D1

JHern wrote:If your putter isn't your favorite disc, get a new putter.
7ontheline
Fairway Surgeon
User avatar
 
Posts: 595
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:23 pm
Location: Midtown Memphis, TN
Favorite Disc: Judge

Re: Discmania

Postby discmonkey42 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:00 pm

7ontheline wrote:
discmonkey42 wrote:
What goes in this bag? I have almost no experience with these discs. I throw a PPD and love it. The SFD I've thrown all of about 20 times now. I throw an OLF about 350' and a buzzz a tad over 300'. Help, I really love free beer!!!


Buy all used discs for $8 shipped, allow them believe you paid retail imported from Europe for $20 shipped, boom... instant hedge.

CD = valk??


Did my shopping on Ebay as they didn't give me enough to buy new discs across the board. I'll be using:

172 SPD
171 PPD
168 SFD
168 STD
176 PMD2
174 DP2

I have money left over but wasn't sure whether to go with a PD2 for a utility disc or a DD or DD2 for a distance disc (I don't really like wide rimmed discs and I think both of these are?). Not sure I need either as the SPD should handle wind/utility duties well and the broken in PPD I already have gets out there pretty far. Any thoughts on adding one more disc to this mix?
42
discmonkey42
Fairway Surgeon
User avatar
 
Posts: 698
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:44 am
Location: In my own way
Favorite Disc: OLF

Re: Discmania

Postby limonsock » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:30 am

discmonkey42 wrote:
7ontheline wrote:
discmonkey42 wrote:
What goes in this bag? I have almost no experience with these discs. I throw a PPD and love it. The SFD I've thrown all of about 20 times now. I throw an OLF about 350' and a buzzz a tad over 300'. Help, I really love free beer!!!


Buy all used discs for $8 shipped, allow them believe you paid retail imported from Europe for $20 shipped, boom... instant hedge.

CD = valk??


Did my shopping on Ebay as they didn't give me enough to buy new discs across the board. I'll be using:

172 SPD
171 PPD
168 SFD
168 STD
176 PMD2
174 DP2

I have money left over but wasn't sure whether to go with a PD2 for a utility disc or a DD or DD2 for a distance disc (I don't really like wide rimmed discs and I think both of these are?). Not sure I need either as the SPD should handle wind/utility duties well and the broken in PPD I already have gets out there pretty far. Any thoughts on adding one more disc to this mix?


If you want an overstable mid the MD1 is pretty awesome. Ive got a bunch in SG line but i'm guessing the s line is very similar. you can find both for around $12 new if you search around a little bit, I even saw $10 somewhere online while browsing some disc porn recently; although, my disc porn site bank is rather vast so I don't recall where exactly this was...
Current bag is sloppy yet fun; Judges, comet, wasp, FD's, river?, saint?, PD's, Flow, D1, Nuke, ...
limonsock
Noob
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 9:51 pm
Favorite Disc: today its a comet

Re: Discmania

Postby turso » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:40 am

The SG is a lot better than S. S can be super sensitive to OAT and slightly off releases.
Frank Delicious wrote:Every groove is a unique snowflake of suck.


NOS, PD, River, Roc3, Comet, Trident, Mercy, JOKERi, XXX
turso
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions
User avatar
 
Posts: 1211
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:45 pm
Location: Finland, Kuopio
Favorite Disc: My first putter

Re: Discmania

Postby limonsock » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:40 am

Why did discmania discontinue the MD1? The sg MD1 is my all time favorite mid; a bit overstable but so workable for so many lines.
Current bag is sloppy yet fun; Judges, comet, wasp, FD's, river?, saint?, PD's, Flow, D1, Nuke, ...
limonsock
Noob
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 9:51 pm
Favorite Disc: today its a comet

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests