European Chain Noise vs American Chain Noise

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

European Chain Noise vs American Chain Noise

Postby tumtumsback123 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:27 pm

Why do European Chains have a sound that emits a lower pitch/frequency than American Chains? I love the way those European Chains sound when watching tournaments on ICGM8's YouTube channel.

Is it a different alloy? Etc.
tumtumsback123
Noob

Favorite Disc: XCaliber

Re: European Chain Noise vs American Chain Noise

Postby JR » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:06 pm

Or it could be the microphones in the cameras, editing and the oh so many different types of baskets. The oldest course in Finland has way thicker chains than i've encountered anywhere. I have not been to the US so i don't know how the chains sound there. Maybe it's the psychotropic homicidial maniac drugs that they spray into the air in the US that changes to conductivity of sound and pitch :-D Joking aside the amp in my camera is typical low quality hissy kind of consumer cameras of that era (2009 design) and lcgm8 uses different tricks to hide the sound so the baby might fly out with the washing water as we say in Finland. Hiss is a high pitch sound so if he uses a low pass filter that dampens the higher frequencies the chains ringing will also be transformed to a lower pitched sound rich version in the videos. Who knows what the compression algorithms that Youtube uses does to the sound.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Return to General Discussion