indian or the arrow?

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

indian or the arrow?

Postby chunk » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:31 am

dave feldberg announces he is with Lat64.

http://vimeo.com/59041316
what would willie do?
chunk
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: DX Roc

Re: indian or the arrow?

Postby JR » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:27 am

When i caddied for him Tomas Ekström from Lat64 watched Dave's playing closely even before the final in Stockholm disc Golf Open 2010. It is good for the players to have options. Naturally Tomas followed what Dave did a week later in the Scandinavian Open in Skellefteå the home of Latitude on a course that is home for Tomas and he is codesigner.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Jeronimo » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:16 am

So yeah, that video made me want to throw a disc at his face.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby dgdave » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:51 am

You didn't want to before?
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby discmonkey42 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:53 am

Jeronimo wrote:So yeah, that video made me want to throw a disc at his face.

You would just lose your disc in that godawful beard!
discmonkey42
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: OLF

Postby 7ontheline » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:39 pm

Hard to deny that he's not a top ten player in the world orthat beard is weird.
Magic / Judge / PA2 - Tursas / QMS / Buzzz / Mace - QJ / E / F - Renegade / O / D1

JHern wrote:If your putter isn't your favorite disc, get a new putter.
7ontheline
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Judge

Postby Jeronimo » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:55 pm

What I walked away from that video with was that Dave Feldberg believes players who don't throw Innova/Discraft are crazy and potentially gimping themselves from reaching their full potential. A theory he has decided he wants to now disprove by throwing for Latitude. As someone who's had a latitude central bag since the Primitus/Mirus/Medius days, GFY Dave.

Still, glad to see him on team Latitude. I feel like I'm bipolar right now.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Postby 7ontheline » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:01 pm

I'd buy an opto eagle-x
Magic / Judge / PA2 - Tursas / QMS / Buzzz / Mace - QJ / E / F - Renegade / O / D1

7ontheline
Fairway Surgeon

Postby keltik » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:09 pm

sorry couldn't help myself....
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby sunspot » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:09 pm

That pinky ring says a lot.
sunspot
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Trash Lid

Postby sunspot » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:40 pm

7ontheline wrote:that beard is weird.

It's like I'm suppose to give him money or something.

By having that beard is he trying to say that Latitude 64 are the paupers of the disc golf world and Innova/Discraft are the kings?
sunspot
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Trash Lid

Postby ferretdance03 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:47 pm

Jeronimo wrote:What I walked away from that video with was that Dave Feldberg believes players who don't throw Innova/Discraft are crazy and potentially gimping themselves from reaching their full potential. A theory he has decided he wants to now disprove by throwing for Latitude. As someone who's had a latitude central bag since the Primitus/Mirus/Medius days, GFY Dave.

C'mon man. You're a fanboy, I get it, but do you really think anyone outside the core of internet-savvy, forum-browsing golfers are really aware of Latitude/Westside/DD, let alone how deep their lineup is? Even most tournament players probably haven't heard of half their discs, let alone throw them. I don't think the "can they compete with the big two" mindset is necessarily one that Dave himself adheres to, but maybe just the popular opinion by and large that he's seen and/or heard? He obviously thinks they can or he wouldn't have committed to throwing them, right?
ferretdance03
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: glow wizard

Postby 7ontheline » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:55 pm

Have you seen this guy play? He's an indian.

It must suck being better than almost everyone else but its the young guys that are buying up all the plastic and playing ams for discs. I mean, folks respect Jesse Owens for what he occomplished but the kids are gonna buy the Usain Bolt t-shirt.

I'm afraid my opto eagle dream might only be available as a bird in dyed DD clothing. Maybe Dave will get involved in the development of DD's current starter line up and put his stamp on them like Jussi did for Discmania. FWIW, the boatman is a good arrow.

7ontheline
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Jeronimo » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:13 pm

ferretdance03 wrote:
Jeronimo wrote:What I walked away from that video with was that Dave Feldberg believes players who don't throw Innova/Discraft are crazy and potentially gimping themselves from reaching their full potential. A theory he has decided he wants to now disprove by throwing for Latitude. As someone who's had a latitude central bag since the Primitus/Mirus/Medius days, GFY Dave.

C'mon man. You're a fanboy, I get it, but do you really think anyone outside the core of internet-savvy, forum-browsing golfers are really aware of Latitude/Westside/DD, let alone how deep their lineup is? Even most tournament players probably haven't heard of half their discs, let alone throw them. I don't think the "can they compete with the big two" mindset is necessarily one that Dave himself adheres to, but maybe just the popular opinion by and large that he's seen and/or heard? He obviously thinks they can or he wouldn't have committed to throwing them, right?

Honestly, it's obvious to me why you would call me a fan boy but from that statement you quoted from me, but re-reading what I said I still don't read it that way. That was a chance to dump on Dave and a commentary on the ridiculousness of the unevenly yoked disc market.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Postby ferretdance03 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:30 am

Jeronimo wrote:Honestly, it's obvious to me why you would call me a fan boy but from that statement you quoted from me, but re-reading what I said I still don't read it that way.
It wasn't really that statement that lead me to the deduction of your fanboyedness, but rather the rest of your forum presence. Just an observation.

Jeronimo wrote:That was a chance to dump on Dave
I can dig it.

Jeronimo wrote:and a commentary on the ridiculousness of the unevenly yoked disc market.
And I agree with that. I'm quite happy to see more and more manufacturers popping up, and wish them nothing but the best of luck in their ventures. I also hope that the European makers can grow and expand their impact Stateside. I just pulled a few Saints and a Warship out to test, as it were.
ferretdance03
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: glow wizard

Next

Return to General Discussion