Legacy is making me feel Patriotic!

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Legacy is making me feel Patriotic!

Postby sunspot » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:15 pm

JHern wrote:
sunspot wrote:How far are you all putting these out?

JHern wrote:...The Pinnacle will turn ~10˚ at 350' power, but very gradual. 7˚ hyzer release is money for full flight with line drive 10' apex...

Let me clarify, what is the maximum distance that you all are getting out of the Patriot? So, from a personal standpoint, how would it far on a 400 ft throw?
sunspot
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Trash Lid

Postby dgdave » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:18 pm

Thrown with some Hyzer, it'll track right with a late fade
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby sunspot » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:27 pm

Dave, you like the TD for different types of shots, does this replace the TD for you? The reason that I ask is that I use the TD as my primary driver, so I was wondering if the Patriot will stand a chance to replace the TD?
sunspot
1000 Rated Poster

Postby dgdave » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:33 pm

It did replace my TDs. My sparkles are right in between my new, domey stable TDs and my 3 year old 1st run. They are closer to new stable S lines though. The icons are supposed to turn more than the sparkles. I use the Patriots up to 400
-dgdave

dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Postby sunspot » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:37 pm

I've held off on buying new discs (Volt, Saint, etc) from different companies due to some of the feedback, but the Patriot does sound like something I might be interested in from what I hear.
sunspot
1000 Rated Poster

Postby dgdave » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:56 pm

I should have mine this weekend
-dgdave

dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Postby JHern » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:01 pm

sunspot wrote:Let me clarify, what is the maximum distance that you all are getting out of the Patriot? So, from a personal standpoint, how would it far on a 400 ft throw?

I only had ~350' of space to work with...I think they should work very well at higher power, it covers the usual fairway driver range (300'-400'). I'm also interested in seeing more of them to guage the variance in stabilities that come from different runs and plastics.

By the way, the Patriot and Rival go very nicely together as a pair.
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby JR » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:37 pm

JHern wrote:
dgdave wrote:If they are going anywhere, they should go to me.

Heh, I know Dave is eyeing one in particular. :D

JR wrote:I have a Star Leo that i cannot turn at full power and Champs flip around 3 degrees so the Patriot might be flippier...

It turns, but the rate of turn is slow, not flippy. The Pinnacle will turn ~10˚ at 350' power, but very gradual. 7˚ hyzer release is money for full flight with line drive 10' apex. It flies like discs fly in a dream.

Sounds like a finesse disc for a calm day with too much fade for my taster because the EL has too much fade for tight spots where the Leo and the River shine. With less flipping and usually the less a disc flips the more it is immune to wind and gusts. So for a sea side dweller the Patriot sounds too unpredictable for my conditions. It is often windy here thanks to having three of my most played courses near the shore.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby dgdave » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:16 pm

These are tasty. More details soon.
-dgdave

dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Postby JR » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:56 am

Blue 175 what is the name of the Star like plastic? Flips more than a Leo. Windy day not good. It has to hustle in other areas at full power to compete with Leos and Rivers. If we had more long anny holes there might be a use for it. in a hard rear wind at 230' high 4-5 degrees any release it faded out. With abnormally slow steps for me thanks to the snow the flip was about 5-6 degrees at 290' 2' downhill. I fear the flip of a fully powered throw. I'm not seeing a future for this disc in my bag.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby Frank Delicious » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:03 am

I played dubs with a guy who was throwing a patriot quite a bit. Got to throw it in after the round in calm conditions and then a slight wind. Threw a lot like a beefy leo with a bit more speed but less glide. it was a 175 blue star plastic.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby dgdave » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:30 am

I live mine. I'm carrying 2. An icon and a test gummy icon. Like a little slower TD. Its what I wanted the FD to be
-dgdave

dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Postby JR » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:13 am

Frank Delicious wrote:I played dubs with a guy who was throwing a patriot quite a bit. Got to throw it in after the round in calm conditions and then a slight wind. Threw a lot like a beefy leo with a bit more speed but less glide. it was a 175 blue star plastic.

Beefy which Leo? Mine flips like a broken in DX Leo when it is new :-( No joy i'm sticking to the Leos Champ and Star. I have no luck with getting Legacy discs compared to how others describe theirs.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Previous

Return to Equipment