Injury - go all forehand or just lay off?

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Injury - go all forehand or just lay off?

Postby JR » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:39 pm

All of what Mark wrote above points out to the need of knowing what is going on and getting the right information about how hard you can push safely and how early and what the progression rate is. Good luck squeezing that out of a doctor i've had varied and limited success so i've basically lifted them from their ankles ans shook them to see what falls out. I have not been listening to my body that much it's a whiner anyway. Cooper's test yesterday 2410 meters on a 200 m indoor oval with too much clothing masters eligible. Despite having a left foot plantar fascitis troubling me since the summer and sometimes it eases up when i rest and at other times with running and at other times it gets irritated from walking so how to listen to the body when it sends out mixed signals? I sure don't know what is gonna make the PF go away i do rehab by stretching the bottom of the foot tendons and strengthen them on occasion when the pain is not bad like the doctor said and it's lasted for over half a year with almost a three month total break from disc golf (!) sniff. Grr.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby PMantle » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:31 pm

Second round of nothing but forehand off the tee and backhand only from under 100'. Big improvement. I can see this helping me in the long run. I may actually be better at some approaches forehand than backhand. 100% pain free too.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Postby JR » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:01 am

That's great to hear so it could have relatively easy (if it ain't a hidden problem that resurfaces for a seemingly trivial cause) and many people are more accurate at short ranges with FH than BH.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Previous

Return to General Discussion