Prodigy Disc's Finally Available for Resale

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Prodigy Disc's Finally Available for Resale

Postby abarker » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:08 am

Just when I thought Prodigy was never going to release their discs to retailers, I got an email in the middle of the night saying that they were ready to ship (hopefully that means today). There are a limited number of these discs, but they should be available to retailers next week. If you want to make sure you are an owner of one of these coveted discs, here are some links for pre-order:

http://infinitediscs.com/prodigy-d4/
http://infinitediscs.com/prodigy-d1/

These discs will sell very, very fast.
Find The Perfect Disc
http://InfiniteDiscs.com

abarker
Noob

Favorite Disc: Latitude 64 Saint

Re: Prodigy Disc's Finally Available for Resale

Postby warobert » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:10 pm

D4s already pre ordered out. I ordered a pair of d1s. Can't wait to throw the hype!
Mark Ellis wrote:Myth: Climo could beat you with a trash can lid.

Truth: Climo could beat you with a trash can lid left-handed.
warobert
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: teebird

Postby pask2155 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:51 pm

What's the hype over these discs?

If you ask me it's another plastic company making discs that already do what they do. So what's "new" or "hyped"?

If you ask me unless they can manufacture a disc that goes straight for everyone at all skill levels, or a driver that goes 400' no matter your form flaws... Then what's the point to hype? What's the point of being excited? It's all out there it's all been done. Why do we need another company?
pask2155
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: NUKE/PD/BUZZ/ION

Postby nick344 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:23 pm

I was disappointed in how they preformed for me. I not some who throws 400+' but i was getting more distance with my wraith. After a few throws my D1 was getting nicks. D4 was slippery.
nick344
Noob

Favorite Disc: roc

Postby tjh0188 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:09 pm

pask2155 wrote:What's the hype over these discs?

If you ask me it's another plastic company making discs that already do what they do. So what's "new" or "hyped"?

If you ask me unless they can manufacture a disc that goes straight for everyone at all skill levels, or a driver that goes 400' no matter your form flaws... Then what's the point to hype? What's the point of being excited? It's all out there it's all been done. Why do we need another company?
Latitude and Discmania have made some magnificent new discs in the last few years(river, fuse, striker, flow, FD, PD, etc.) Who's to say that any new manufacturer COULDNT revolutionize the industry with a new blend of plastic or a disc that does what one of the zillion molds out there already does, but does it better and/or easier.

you go ahead and be content with what you throw and we'll continue to find new ways to lower our scores. :D
Pure-VP-Fuse-Mace-River-Saint Pro-Firebird-Flow-Giant
tjh0188
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: River

Postby JR » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:28 pm

I have yet to see a disc that flies the same down and headwind so lets say i'm dubious of some of the claims i've heard. It would be nice if that is true for anything more than a hares fart.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby JHern » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:54 am

JR wrote:I have yet to see a disc that flies the same down and headwind so lets say i'm dubious of some of the claims i've heard. It would be nice if that is true for anything more than a hares fart.

Yes, of course this is impossible, it goes against the laws of physics, who ever claims it or believes it has not thought about it enough.
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby JR » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:40 pm

Obviously so i choose to remain dubious and doubt the hype machine.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby JHern » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:36 pm

abarker wrote:...There are a limited number of these discs...

Apparently not, they've already injected several runs, and they're going to just keep printing them with first run stamps to milk it for all it's worth. I guess they think the stamp is what makes it first run, instead of it being the first run that makes it first run.

This is bad news for collectors. Just throw them!
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby PMantle » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:40 pm

Retail Our Price You save
$19.99 $19.99 $0

:lol:
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Postby Mike C » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:59 pm

Theres a few D1 and D4 throws in this video
Mike C
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Soft Ion

Postby JR » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:23 pm

The fade of the D4 looks to be pretty hard vs what i thought from the descriptions from others but it flips pretty much. Not very usable in tight spaces.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby turso » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:57 am

JR wrote:The fade of the D4 looks to be pretty hard vs what i thought from the descriptions from others but it flips pretty much. Not very usable in tight spaces.

I imagine it'd work fine as a hyzer flipflat that requires fade, but that depends entirely on how predictable the turn will be. The snow needs to start melting so I can test these properly...should be receiving mine next week.
Frank Delicious wrote:Every groove is a unique snowflake of suck.

NOS, PD, River, Roc3, Comet, Trident, Mercy, JOKERi, XXX
turso
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: FR Roc3

Postby badfinger » Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:02 pm

Just grabbed a D4 today at Next Adventure in Portland. They had stacks of D1's, D4's, and bunches of other goodies that have recently hit the market (Roc3's, Ghosts, Patriots, all the MVP discs, ect.)

Played a short course today (longest is 414), and never got a chance to throw it. Heading out to the field tonight tho.
badfinger
Noob

Favorite Disc: CE Eagle

Postby Jester_da1 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:00 pm

Threw both the D1 and D4 today. Plastic is nice and grippy especially when wet. D4 has a ton of high speed turn and needed some height to work. Not a remarkable disc in my opinion but may try rolling it. D4 would flip up flat for me, glide well and then finish hard. We will see if it makes the bag. Funny thing is I almost did not pick up a D1 because they market them as for the big arm and I really only have 340-370 golf distance.
Jester_da1
Tree Magnet

Next

Return to Equipment