Distance videos

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Distance videos

Postby pask2155 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:47 pm

I have looked but no luck... Did they record the distance comp at worlds this year? If so where can I watch it?

Or does anyone else know of any good max d vids. Can you post them?
pask2155
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: NUKE/PD/BUZZ/ION

Re: Distance videos

Postby JR » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:30 am

I'm too tired to look but there's the Discmania Deep In The Game series that has one episode of ripping it and the current world record is on Youtube. There are others like earlier worlds distance competitions and USDGC distance showcase and a couple of Discraft videos of long throwing technique.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby pask2155 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:27 pm

Yeah I have seen those. I was wondering if there was an official pdga one that was ever recorded. You would think there would be...???
pask2155
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: NUKE/PD/BUZZ/ION

Postby JR » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:05 pm

I don't know if they've released whole distance competitions maybe they should do just that. The world record is Innova territory on their site:
http://www.innovadiscs.com/home/492-dav ... -boss.html
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby JR » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:21 pm

This promo set turned into an unofficial distance event when the guys got excited so you can imagine how loose they were when they started the competition at the Finnish Open 2010 the next day :-)

I imagine you have seen the dual angle slow motion videos of Avery Jenkins on Youtube channels mfranssila and "Seven Drives With Avery Jenkins" on lcgm8.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby Star Shark » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:12 am

-- Star Shark
Star Shark
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Ghost, Patriot, SL

Postby rehder » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:03 am

current world record

and you will find lots of other long throws if you search for "discgolf distancerecord" on youtube
Z-Pred, Z-Force, Destroyer, (M,S,Q)OLF, Roc, Wizard&VP
rehder
1000 Rated Poster

Return to General Discussion