TinCups Bag o' Tricks

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: TinCups Bag o' Tricks

Postby ferretdance03 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:22 pm

NoMoreTinCup wrote:...If someone could tell me how to post pictures, I will try and post up some before/during/after shots...

Upload them to a hosting site like photobucket, picassa, picturetrail, etc. Then copy and paste the link here. Pretty sure Frank posted an indepth tutorial somewhere but my desire to search for it is pretty low right now.
ferretdance03
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: glow wizard

Postby discraft » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:05 am

Regular Dude that likes DISCRAFT.

Force:Nuke:Avenger:Buzz:Meteor:Stratus:APX
discraft
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Meteor

Postby NoMoreTinCup » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:20 pm

Much appreciated gents. Tonights progress was slow. The pockets off the old bag are fractionally larger than the side panels on the dualpack, so I had to make a couple small changes to the way it was going to be stitched, which actually looks better, but is significantly more of a pain in the ass. The mini pocket, complete with the retrofitted Revo patch, is going to be pretty awesome. The rest of the project will too, just hard to see the forest for the trees right now. Hope to finish the construction tomorrow evening. I have taken a bunch of pictures, and if it turns out well, I will figure out how to get them on here.
KP
Elk Creek Disc Golf
www.elkcreekdgc.info
NoMoreTinCup
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Craft Discs

Postby NoMoreTinCup » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:09 pm

Finished the dualpack overhaul last night around midnight. Had to work today, so I just got done refilling. Pictures are forthcoming, left camera cord at work.... Very pleased with how it turned out. The sewing is very professional looking, and the only rough spots are where panels got nicked around the edges in taking them apart. Invisible from 2 feet away, and the new, larger pocket assemblies look like they belong on the bag. It also looks a good bit larger, but weighs only slightly more. I could go on and on, but pictures will do it more justice.
KP
Elk Creek Disc Golf
www.elkcreekdgc.info
NoMoreTinCup
Tree Magnet

Postby NoMoreTinCup » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:34 pm

New Rig!
Here is a picture of the finished product. As advertised. The new side pockets are off an old Revo bag, the middle section is a factory DualPack. Though the picture isn't great, the bag is. Loads of new storage. Now have a place for shirts, phone, drinks, pencil, towels, stool, umbrella (used old bag straps), and a mini pocket. The coolest part is the new mini pocket. Sort of spur of the moment (the whole project) but it turned out to be exactly what I wanted. I also added an ABS plate on top of the internal roll cage, to keep the bag more upright. This has been a problem if you store discs in the top. Future plans call for new straps and back padding, a la backpacking bags. Part of this experiment answered the question, "Is Revo still relevant?" for me. The core of my rig is a factory DualPack. I don't like any other storage system as well as this one. However, Revolution has the opportunity (and the parts, obviously) to really do something spectacular. They haven't done it yet. And they could, for not a lot of money on their part. If you have questions, or want specific pictures, let me know, I have or can get more.
KP
Elk Creek Disc Golf
www.elkcreekdgc.info
NoMoreTinCup
Tree Magnet

Postby ferretdance03 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:42 pm

If I had had an old Pro bag laying around when I got rid of my Dual Pack, I might have held on to that thing. Very well done. Honestly, aside from the overall weight and how it rides, I think you just fixed all my issues with the Dual Pack. Send those pics to Dave and tell him to step his game up.
ferretdance03
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: glow wizard

Postby dgdave » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:49 pm

That's awesome
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby NoMoreTinCup » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:59 pm

Thanks guys. It would certainly seem that it fixed my wish list as far as bags go. In theory, it shouldn't weigh that much more (less umbrella, stool) than the factory one. I hope not to be carrying any MORE stuff, just have better places to put it. We'll see about that. Does anyone know if/where online would be a good place to start looking for backpacking straps and such? I looked at my North Face bag again, but I can't bring myself to cut that up....
KP
Elk Creek Disc Golf
www.elkcreekdgc.info
NoMoreTinCup
Tree Magnet

Postby NoMoreTinCup » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:44 pm

In the new bag:
(5) Z Forces
(3) ESP Avengers
(1) Z Avenger

(1) Z Wasp
(1) Glo Flx Z Buzzz
(2) ESP Flx Buzzz
(1) Z Buzzz SS (Am Nats)

(1) LE ESP Zone
(1) Flx Z Challenger
(2) ESP Flx Challenger
(1) X Soft Banger

(1) Proto Ion
(1) Eclipse Glo Ion

Trying to sort some wheat and chaff. I would love to end up with one less driver, and one less driving putter. If I could find an Flx Challenger that would flip and stay over, I would take out the Banger. I am averse to throwing my putting putters as drivers. I have given some thought to switching to MVP putters as driving putters, but I am very familiar with the Challengers, and I have some nice ones. In the meantime, it is working pretty well. As far as the bag.... it's damn nice. I need to refine a couple of things, namely, the ABS plate I put in on top of the roll cage makes getting discs in and out a little difficult without tilting them. This also keeps them from falling out, which is good, though not really a problem. The same plate, while keeping the drivers up off the lower discs, allows the upper discs to lay in there at an angle and push the putter pocket out, which makes the putters tight coming in and out. I thought about an accordion insert for the top, but am not sure thats the answer. I was thinking of taking the plate out and drilling some holes in it for weight reduction, and perhaps the correct pattern of holes would keep the discs in the top more upright. Neither of these issues is that big, but there is room for improvement, and I feel like I have already done the biggest/hardest part.
Still thinking about straps......
KP
Elk Creek Disc Golf
www.elkcreekdgc.info
NoMoreTinCup
Tree Magnet

Postby NoMoreTinCup » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:40 am

Added (2) accordion dividers from an old Innova bag to the top storage of my bag. Solved the slippage issue with the drivers. Looks pretty bangin' too.
Added 168 Z Pred, took out a light ESP Avenger. Also trying out Ringers, with some success. Looking for premo plastic though.
KP
Elk Creek Disc Golf
www.elkcreekdgc.info
NoMoreTinCup
Tree Magnet

Postby NoMoreTinCup » Tue May 15, 2012 8:07 pm

Bah. Trying to cut down on weight and play better. Out with the Forces and in with the Nukes. I have slightly better range with the Nukes, and can carry less of them for the same shots. I also ditched the Pred, not by any fault of it's own, just to cut down on numbers and the amount of stuff I am hauling around. So far, the new bag is working quite well, though it's first tourney will be this weekend. Total bag is now 16, down from 22, which I feel is a good thing.
4 Nukes
4 Avengers
3 Buzzzes
Zone
2 Bangers
2 Ions
One of the Bangers is an ESP signed by EMac. I would love to have a Z Ringer in its spot, but I haven't been able to find any. Any input would be appreciated. I am also sort of in a perennial state of looking for something that is overstable at 240-300 feet. I can force it on a Zone, or ease up on the Avenger, but it just doesn't feel right. Perhaps I should practice more and buy less. I haven't tried a Ti Wasp yet.....
KP
Elk Creek Disc Golf
www.elkcreekdgc.info
NoMoreTinCup
Tree Magnet

Postby JR » Wed May 16, 2012 1:48 am

Drone? Maybe you could drop one or two Nukes and Avengers too if weight is an issue.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby NoMoreTinCup » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:52 am

Good lord it's been a while. Fun to look back and see what I was throwing in the past couple of years. Much of the bag is unchanged.
Currently.....
174 Z Nuke OS
173 Cryztal Z Nuke
174 Z Nuke
174 Z Nuke SS
(2)173 ESP Avenger
170 ESP Avenger SS

176 Glo FLX Z Buzzz
177 Z Buzzz
170 ESP FLX Buzzz
174 ESP Meteor

174 Cryztal Z Zone
175 Eclipse Ion
166 Eclipse Ion

(2) Redring Proto Ions

In the time since I posted last, there have been a bunch of tryouts. Best of the bunch include a Ti Wasp, Nuke SS, and ESP Bangers. The Wasp is a fine peice of plastic, but I have made progress with powering down Avengers, and make the Wasp obsolete. The Nuke SS is a touchy bitch, but with some control, you can throw one a helluva long way. The driving putter segment is a revolving door. ESP Bangers made the cut for most of last season, but I don't release them as cleanly as I would like for upshots. They are fantastic off the tee. I have tried both the new Z models of Bangers, and frankly, had hoped for better. They are domey, and have to be thrown with significant hyzer to hold that line. So, I auditioned Challengers and Ions for the driving putter/upshot duties. The old Cryztal Z Challengers and newer FLX Z models are impressive, especially for up shots, forehand and backhand. I don't find that they hold lines as well in the wind as Ions, possibly due to the taller and deeper design. So, for the time being, it is Ions for me. At least until Discraft figures out a way to make a FLAT Ringer in a better plastic. I will keep dreaming.
I threw the D1 and D4 a couple of weeks ago, and was impressed enough to order some of both. Those discs seemed faster even than a Nuke, and I like the slightly narrower rim. Problematically, after switching for a 1 to 2 finger forehand grip, I have trouble with sidearming smaller rims for long drives. Hence the lack of Forces, of which I am very fond.
The bag is always a work in progress, and I am generally pleased with it as is, but tournament season is upon us, so I need to lock it down. I will try and do a better job of updating/reviewing here as well.

KP
Elk Creek Disc Golf
www.elkcreekdgc.info
NoMoreTinCup
Tree Magnet

Postby NoMoreTinCup » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:57 pm

The Prodigy discs arrived Saturday. Field session Sunday morning was fruitful. The (2) Orange D1s, both @ 172 are both more overstable than the Blue ones that I threw a couple of weeks ago. Not without use. They are a trifle (10') longer on a flat or slightly flexed backhand than a max weight Cryztal Nuke. If I regain my forehand, they might replace said disc. The (2) Blue D4s, 173, 171, are both more understable than the yellow one I previously threw. Threw undoubtably the longest flat ground tailwind shot with the 171, well over 500'. Was able to repeat that distance or nearly so. Also turned into rollers in a headwind. I want to try them in calm conditions, but if they will fly on a lower straight line, I could see them knocking out a Nuke SS, or the X Nuke it cycles with. We shall see. The plastic is tits, either way. Anyone have any info on what the other 2 molds will be like, or available?

KP
Elk Creek Disc Golf
www.elkcreekdgc.info
NoMoreTinCup
Tree Magnet

Postby PMantle » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:34 pm

Are the rims as wide as a Nuke?
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Teebird