DGR Bag Contents

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

DGR Bag Contents

Postby discmonkey42 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:31 pm

I was reading about some of the MVP discs tonight at work and I came across the statement that you know you've run into a DGR lurker when their bag is filled with MVP, PDs, and a Sword (or something like that).

It got me to wondering. If you were new to the game and only used DGR content (without posting the question) to stock your bag with discs, what would that bag look like? Is their a "typical" DGR bag? Can you really spot other DGR folks by what's in their bag?
discmonkey42
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: OLF

Re: DGR Bag Contents

Postby Steve » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:21 pm

Trolling bag - Cheetah, Aviar Bitches!

First bag - Wizard, Buzzz, SOLF, CPD, Star Destroyer or something
Steve
Fairway Surgeon

Postby JR » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:13 am

Wizard, MVP putter, KC Aviar or something really exotic with some Vibrams thrown in so not an easy spot. Roc or Buzz so not easy to spot unless it's DGR stamped Roc. Leo/XL/River, Eagle/TB/PD, depending on power perhaps nothing faster. For those with more power the Sword should probably be in more bags. But Destros and Bosses are common so again not an easy spot. Z Predator/XXX might be a better distinguishing feature. Maybe some Coyotes, Rhynos, Pigs, Warships, Hornets, Strikers, Visions, Quasars and Beasts i hope. Spider is probably underrated here too and for some odd reason Sharks and Cros might be more common.

Without DGR stamped discs there are too many standard good oldies in the bags of disc golfers that DGR bag does not differentiate so much from the bag of an experienced player. At least to the point of being a good indicator of a DGR member. We are a heterogenic bunch for whom a proper bag varies a lot depending on power and experience level. We have anything from beginners to people who have thrown for decades.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby discmonkey42 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:41 am

JR wrote:Without DGR stamped discs there are too many standard good oldies in the bags of disc golfers that DGR bag does not differentiate so much from the bag of an experienced player. At least to the point of being a good indicator of a DGR member. We are a heterogenic bunch for whom a proper bag varies a lot depending on power and experience level. We have anything from beginners to people who have thrown for decades.

I get what you are saying, but if I came up on someone who had a pred, sword, pd, td, mvp mids and an anode, I'd have to ask if they come here. There are definitely a good number of discs that get a disproportionate amount of love on this site.
discmonkey42
Fairway Surgeon

Postby ferretdance03 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:57 am

discmonkey42 wrote:I get what you are saying, but if I came up on someone who had a pred, sword, pd, td, mvp mids and an anode, I'd have to ask if they come here. There are definitely a good number of discs that get a disproportionate amount of love on this site.

I can always tell a forum member/lurker by whether or not they know about certain discs, even if they're not throwing them. Basically if they don't stare at me blanking when I say I just threw a PD then I assume they at least visit here or dgcr once in a while. A lot of guys I run into still don't know about any Discmania or even Millennium, let alone Legacy, MVP, Prodiscus, Westside, Prodigy, Lat64, etc.
ferretdance03
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: glow wizard

Postby money 21 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:35 am

destroyer, cannon, pd, fd, xxx, buzz, comet, jokeri, ion that is what i would take from the DGR posts to build a bag. does look to bad either.
ringer, aero, breaker, glide, sabre, valk, avenger, flick, helios, teedevil, halo
i have seen monkey sh!t fights at the zoo more orginized then this.
money 21
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Z XS

Postby PMantle » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:03 am

PD, Wizard, Ion. I bought the latter two because of this board and still have not seen any in another bag.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Postby andrew » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:56 pm

The one disc I got directly because of this site was the jokeri. oh, and the opto pure. oh, and the champ glow gator but I'd already been throwing gators from back in the days when Innova was "pioneering" overstable discs.... Wizard was recommended by local disc golf store, Pred was because I gave up trying to find a firebird in the weight I wanted, PD was a random impulse buy after finding a DD on a course (which i threw a few times and didn't particularly like). Fuse was after buying and rejecting a slew of discs in search of one that could consistently navigate precise right turn tunnel shots.

Every time I fondle a MVP or Vibram disc I think, "Yuk!" and put it back, thinking to myself I'm really not cool enough for DGR.

Edit to clarify/add perspective: When I started playing in the late 90's, the information from friends (the way you learned about the sport back then) was to buy innova for overstable and discraft for straight. Funny how info has always been of the "to be taken with a grain of salt" variety.
Wizards/Pures/Jokeri/Fuse/Buzzz/Gator/XLs/Teebird/Predator/PDs

Disc Golf (n): A game in which a round plastic object is thrown into trees until it is beat in to resemble its preferred flight characteristics, at which point it is thrown into a lake.
andrew
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: PPD

Postby discspeed » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:50 pm

MVP actually rose up out of DGR and they sold their first discs here.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby Steve » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:59 pm

discspeed wrote:MVP actually rose up out of DGR and they sold their first discs here.

but all the followers went into exile over on dgcr and formed a cult
Steve
Fairway Surgeon

Return to Equipment