Three New Westside Discs

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Three New Westside Discs

Postby abarker » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:00 pm

Westside has just released three new discs the: Tursas, Underworld, and Stag.

Like all Westside discs, these are some of the best looking golf discs on the market and are available in both of Westsides quality plastics.
The Stag is an overstable fairway driver with flight ratings 8/5/0/3.

The Tursas is an understable midrange with flight ratings 5/5/-3/1.

The Underworld is an understable fairway driver rated 7/6/-3/1. This disc should be great for straight hyzer flip throws and as a first driver for beginners.

We have these, and other Westside discs on sale. Just $13.88 for VIP and $14.88 for discs in Tournament plastic. Shipping is just $2.81 for a single disc.

Click this link to see all our Westside discs are on sale: http://infinitediscs.com/category/westside/

Find The Perfect Disc
http://InfiniteDiscs.com

abarker
Noob

Favorite Disc: Latitude 64 Saint

Re: Three New Westside Discs

Postby Varsi » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:55 pm

abarker wrote:these are some of the best looking golf discs on the market

Very pretty indeed

I really like the Tursas. Will wait for the snow to go away before judging the drivers.
Varsi
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: JOKERi

Postby inthedrift » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:21 pm

Tursas has me quite intrigued. I currently throw a Fuse for my neutral/understable mid, could you compare/contrast the two Varsi?
inthedrift
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Firebird

Postby JR » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:08 pm

Varsi wrote:
abarker wrote:these are some of the best looking golf discs on the market

Very pretty indeed

I really like the Tursas. Will wait for the snow to go away before judging the drivers.

Pretty hardcore maybe for the fans of Turisas?
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Qikly » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:35 pm

Anyone here on DGR rocking these?

I've no need for US mids since I can get Comets to fly on those lines. I tried the Stag (171 VIP) and didn't really click with it: it flew similarly to my beat-in DX Banshee, but with some more glide. Not necessarily advantageous, since that lessened its ability to fight the wind without adding much distance. I might revisit it on down the road (if I can sell it, that is), but for now it's just collecting dust.

I love the Underworld though. It's an awesome disc that is truly understable even at my arm speed (maxing out a bit over 300'). The VIPs I have hold up quite well in the wind relative to their stability, and the Tournament is the easiest, most reliable turnover disc I've ever thrown. I can get that thing to slide right even on low power shots. The VIPs are stable enough to cover all of my lines from stable to understable - I can even get it to hold long, gentle hyzers if thrown correctly. The Tournament is a bit more of a utility disc for me since it's a notch more US; together they make a great pair. At this point, I've bought 3 backups in addition to my original two in VIP and Tourney: it's definitely here to stay in my bag.

It can be nose angle sensitive, like a lot of Lat/Westside discs, but if you're used to throwing that kind of mold its easy to dial it in. Sucker is as glidey as a River if not more so. Now all I need to do is shore up the rest of my fairway drivers. :p
Banshee|Underworld
Comet
VP|Voodoo

**Currently auditioning Eagle Xs**
Qikly
Noob

Favorite Disc: Underworld

Postby PMantle » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:45 pm

Does anyone in La. carry them, or do you order?
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby Qikly » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:29 pm

Joe at Aboriginal Discs carries them in both weights and plastics, and even had some Finnish stamps last time I checked. Good prices too. He's at City Park most weekday afternoons if you're ever in the area.
Banshee|Underworld
Comet
VP|Voodoo

**Currently auditioning Eagle Xs**
Qikly
Noob

Favorite Disc: Underworld

Postby PMantle » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:42 am

He was at our course last week for a tournament, but I could not go out there due to annual crawfish boil. Would have needed a DD to even get out there. Had a friend buy two discs from him that I can't get here.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Pure

Return to Equipment