Discmania

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Discmania

Postby Hoey » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:44 pm

I'm with sunspot, and it's been kicking in the back of my mind for a little while now.
With that being said, I've grown pretty attached to the P2 and PD.
fwiw
Throw discs, and forget about life for awhile...
Hoey
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: fuse

Postby maskedavenger » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:12 am

Discmania's facebook site has a picture of upcoming Glow C-line PD..... :shock: They will debut as European Open 2013 fundraisers. Can't wait.
maskedavenger
Noob

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby JohnnyCrunch » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:15 pm

I already ordered 4!
JohnnyCrunch
Noob

Postby linkinparkervii » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:53 pm

I think Im liking the MD1 over the MD2. Wish they made them in C line. The MD1 just fits in my hand so nice, and the MD2 just feels too deep.

Anyone else feel the same way?
linkinparkervii
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Gold Line Core

Postby Booter » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:03 pm

Get a champ shark :) same difference more or less
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby JR » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:49 pm

C MD1 is in production.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby linkinparkervii » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:10 am

JR wrote:C MD1 is in production.

Really? I've never seen or heard of one.
linkinparkervii
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Gold Line Core

Postby JR » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:52 pm

Where is my head i should not post when sleep deprived? C MD 1 does not appear in production nor has it been my mistake. Sorry.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby JR » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:10 pm

Has anyone thrown 2nd run C FDs? How's the HSS and LSS compared to the first runs?
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby Daisuke » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:57 pm

Bought flat and stiff C FD (175g) with some bubbles inside the rim. I haven't throw the 1st run C FD but it's way more stable than my S FD.
P2|Zone|Fuse|Buzzz|Drone|FD|TD|PD|Predator|Destroyer
Daisuke
Noob

Favorite Disc: Destroyer

Postby JR » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:16 am

That sounds better than the individual S FD first run i donated. Maybe i need to see if the local store carries ones like you have.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby JR » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:24 pm

The FD mold is redeemed in my eyes. By C 167 yellow that is nicely day glo in the snow. The shop keeper said immediately upon examination of the disc that it looks like a much better disc than S FDs from last year. I concur. The dome is much lower and the PLH leagues apart higher. Not even hard winds from the front flipped it a degree underpowered due to the snow. 300' tops. The fade was milder even at that low line drive low power shot than with the S FD at release bought s-curver. The C FD does not flip and has a mild fade but i think it is a hair harder fade than with Rivers. Since the HSS is clearly superior to the River that pair sounds like a great one.

I cannot say how happy i am with the huge step ahead with this plastic. I need to pound it out 100 % in good conditions and see if it will flip. It might not. And that is great considering the fade should lessen. Meaning this disc delivers unlike the lemon i gave away.

The Teebird comes to mind but with greatly added glide and the TBs i've had vary in LSS but generally speaking no new TB fades this little. New TLs fade a hair more at full power vs 250'-300' with this FD. Super promising! I think i could easily bag this but i need to throw annies (none so far) and more hyzers (twice and A ok). If anny performance and distance is there the River might be in for an upset and so far many have tried and failed. If there's not too much overlap the River just might have found a perfect straight/slightly overstable friend so elimination might still not happen. Broken in TBs watch out!!! That is how i plan to use this at least with powered down throws. With more distance available for beautiful flights. Mini Beast? Fingers crossed.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby Joz » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:10 pm

So the MD3 was recently approved by the PDGA http://www.pdga.com/announcements/md3-adds-mid-to-discmania-line?s=f500acc064fb1e4d2d9f40b7506780c8.

Overstable compliment to the MD2? Color me intrigued. I love my old flat and gummy C-MD2s. I wonder where this one will fit...
Joz
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby JR » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:05 am

Good luck finding flat gummy C MD2s now. I've never seen one. And i'm in the same country as Discmania.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby PMantle » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:13 am

a slightly more stable

Haha, I love it.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Teebird

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment