Dynamic Discs line of discs

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Dynamic Discs line of discs

Postby cubeofsoup » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:06 am

andrew wrote:Has anyone gotten in enough throws to compare Wraith to Trespass? And Lucid plastic in terms of grip and endurance?

I'm very curious about this too...
cubeofsoup
Tree Magnet

Postby BLURR » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:22 am

Comparing a Trespass to a Wraith is just like comparing a Destroyer to a Wraith. Pretty much the same differences, only the Trespass has better glide.
If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby dgdave » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:04 am

The trespass is a really really nice discs. I'm thinking of grabbing one for my bag since legacy doesn't have a disc quite like it yet
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby BLURR » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:00 am

One of the things that I have really started liking about the Trespass is the ability to power it down versus say a Force or even a Destroyer. When powering down some on the Trespass, it doesn't have the tendency to just dump out like a Force/Destroyer seem to do. It's kind of like how a Predator glides to a hyzer finish where as a firebird just hyzer dumps to a finish.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Postby cubeofsoup » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:46 pm

BLURR wrote:One of the things that I have really started liking about the Trespass is the ability to power it down versus say a Force or even a Destroyer. When powering down some on the Trespass, it doesn't have the tendency to just dump out like a Force/Destroyer seem to do. It's kind of like how a Predator glides to a hyzer finish where as a firebird just hyzer dumps to a finish.

What sort of range/shots are you using the Trespass for?
cubeofsoup
Tree Magnet

Postby BLURR » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:54 pm

The Trespass is my primary distance driver. I use it for 350+ depending upon the situation(It will go 400+ with little issue). I can use my FD's or Escape's for the 350 shots, but if it is open enough to the right, I will grab my bio trespass and just throw a nice smooth hyzer with it rather than trying to throw an 80-90% shot with my fairway drivers.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Postby JR » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:11 pm

The forgivingness of the lower power requirement solves one of my major issues with the Destroyer then but how long is it compared to Nukes and Bosses? I cannot justify the overlap of Boss/Nuke and another moderately to hard dumping fade distance driver in the bag. However; i can justify a more controllable distance driver that gives safety margin on off days. And still i don't carry the best kind of Kings even though they could be useful. I'd rather not haul the extra weight and for sure get more tired :-)

And ain't the Prodigy D1 kinda the same thing to a degree -a glidier Destro?
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby BLURR » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:49 am

I have no doubt that I can throw a Trespass as far as a Nuke/Boss, but it would have to be on a different line than either of those. The thing that differentiates the Nuke/Boss from the Trespass for me, is that the narrower rim helps me control my distance/power better. I can rip the crap out of a nuke, but my potential for a disastrous shot is amplified...hence why I don't have any of these 13/14 drivers in the bag right now. The other reason is because I have Whopper hands :lol:

As for the Prodigy disc's...I absolutely hate their plastic...feels like crap. And there was nothing special about either the D1 or the D4 that would make me want to throw them.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Postby cubeofsoup » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:53 am

Is DD's Lucid like Opto or GL plastic? Also, notice any difference in stability between the two?
cubeofsoup
Tree Magnet

Postby BLURR » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:10 am

cubeofsoup wrote:Is DD's Lucid like Opto or GL plastic? Also, notice any difference in stability between the two?

Lucid = Opto. It might be a touch grippier?! Not really sure if that statement is accurate or just all in my head. They haven't fully released their GL version of plastic yet(Fuzion), but their BioFuzion plastic seems to be a notch more overstable when compared to the Lucid. A BioFuzion Trespass has a fair bit of stability to it.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Postby dgdave » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:00 am

I put 4 trespasses in my bag this past weekend for the 2nd day of a doubles tourney. I have psoriasis and I got a big crack on the crease of my second knuckle of my throwing index finger. I couldn't get a clean, solid grip on my Cannons because of the wide wing.

That said, these were bombing and holding up to the wind well. I bought 2 biofusion and 2 Lucid. I really liked these when they came out, but decided to go all Legacy. I think I'll just stick with these for long drives and do one or 2 Cannons for all out D.

I won a couple fusion Judges and Escapes and I'm gonna mess around with them.
-dgdave

dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Postby BLURR » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:43 am

Fuzion Judges are great...but I have since thrown a DGA Breaker and it is even better. The Escape is like a faster TL for me. Works great for long'ish sweeping hyzers. Parked a 390 ft. hole with one yesterday.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Postby dgdave » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:27 pm

How do the bio escapes compare to the lucids?
-dgdave

dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Postby BLURR » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:57 am

The Bio Escape seems to have a notch more overstability to it. The Escape is rated at 9/5/-.5/2. I think this is misleading for the lucid plastic. I would rate the Lucid's at 9/5/-1/1.5 The Bio's I would put on par with their posted numbers.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Postby PMantle » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:41 am

May put one of my Judges in play today. Back yard testing was positive.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Teebird

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment