First Run

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

First Run

Postby Trent2011 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:32 am

So, I've been shopping around online looking for a Nuke OS. Unfortunately, I can't find a shop within 100 miles of me that carries a decent selection of Discraft. I keep seeing places like Dynamic Discs offering Z Nuke OS discs and then also offering First Run versions. I'm assuming this means first production run, but I was wondering what the difference between the two is. Other than a price difference of a few dollars.
Trent2011
Noob

Favorite Disc: Flick

Re: First Run

Postby JR » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:57 pm

First Run Nukes are more overstable by a bit than regular Nukes. I have not thrown Nuke OSs but from what others say OSs are way beefier than first run Nukes. First runs are pretty good in the wind but not hard headwinds for 400' throwers. FRs are more HSS and a hair more LSS than regular Nukes. Which means domey ones. Flat Nukes are not normal IMO because they are flippy in a completely different role to the disc manner.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Trent2011 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:27 pm

I'm asking about the first run OS compared to regular OS. Is it the same situation?
Trent2011
Noob

Postby JR » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:51 am

I was afriad of there being a FR Nuke OS but not having heard of one so far i talked of a different disc. Sorry i don't know of the differences between different Nuke OSs not having thrown any kind.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby Trent2011 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:23 am

I was just wondering 'cause the price difference is like 4-5 dollars from Dynamic Discs. I'll probably call them later and see what they can tell me. I just want to get the most ridiculously over stable disc I can.
Trent2011
Noob

Postby Pat » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:46 pm

Trent2011 wrote:I was just wondering 'cause the price difference is like 4-5 dollars from Dynamic Discs. I'll probably call them later and see what they can tell me. I just want to get the most ridiculously over stable disc I can.

Then get the first run
Keep on Chooglin'
Pat
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Trent2011 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:29 am

I ordered a first run from Dynamic yesterday. Hopefully this thing will be as ridiculous as people claim. I'm probably gonna do a review and a video of some throws. Not a super great player, but I found it very difficult to find any in depth reviews and almost no videos.
Trent2011
Noob

Postby 7ontheline » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:27 am

The first run NukeOS I threw was silly overstable. It would almost barrel roll for me so I could only see spike hyzers but I prefer to spend most of my time in the woods where it would be good for killing squirrels and the like, I'm sure.
Magic / Judge / PA2 - Tursas / QMS / Buzzz / Mace - QJ / E / F - Renegade / O / D1

JHern wrote:If your putter isn't your favorite disc, get a new putter.
7ontheline
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Judge

Postby Crosseyed0811 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:48 pm

Crosseyed0811
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Zero Hard Pure

Postby Trent2011 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:38 pm

Crosseyed0811 wrote:Here's a video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJaZKereiZI

Yeah, I've seen that one. But it's so low quality you can't really see anything after they release the disc. :(
Trent2011
Noob

Postby Crosseyed0811 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:19 pm

Trent2011 wrote:
Crosseyed0811 wrote:Here's a video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJaZKereiZI

Yeah, I've seen that one. But it's so low quality you can't really see anything after they release the disc. :(

Yeah, Discraft was the best at getting videos out at least for a while there, but they've not done a new one in a while... The quality wasn't that great but they got better (speaking pure video quality not content)

I love all of Mark's vids, maybe he'll read this and realize he should do some more :P
Crosseyed0811
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Trent2011 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:36 pm

[quote="Crosseyed0811"
Yeah, Discraft was the best at getting videos out at least for a while there, but they've not done a new one in a while... The quality wasn't that great but they got better (speaking pure video quality not content)

I love all of Mark's vids, maybe he'll read this and realize he should do some more :P[/quote]

Don't get me wrong, I've watched a good portion of their videos. It's just I would appreciate at least 720p in many situations. :\ I mean, most newer smart phones are at least capable of that. And many can do 1080. The low resolution really hurts being able to see discs in flight sometimes.
Trent2011
Noob

Postby JR » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:57 pm

Even lower resolution would be fine for spotting discs and seeing the flight path if they used zoom.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby Crosseyed0811 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:52 pm

A lot of those videos were posted a good while back though, the later videos have been good quality.
Crosseyed0811
Fairway Surgeon

Return to Equipment