Disc Golf Talk
Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter
first and foremost....we are back!!! It seems that some not so nice folks from the middle east decided to flood DGR with fraudulent account registrations and created a DDoS (denial of service attack)...so the host shut down DGR to eradicate and blacklist the traffic...and while the outage was going on...we did some important updates as well.
The DDoS attacked resulted in a dramatic spike is server resources...so the host was just following attack protocol.
Alas, we are back, we are back, we are getting Doug back......
- Site Admin - Behind The Scenes
- Posts: 3455
- Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:21 pm
- Location: NE PA
- Favorite Disc: Rancho Roc
- Fairway Surgeon
- Posts: 506
- Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:30 pm
- Location: In a bottle
- Favorite Disc: The one in my brakes
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
- Scandinavian Video Mafia
- Posts: 11595
- Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:07 am
- Location: Finland, sea level
- Favorite Disc: About to ace
Third!!! Glad to see the site back up and running.
- Posts: 17
- Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:58 pm
- Location: Eastern NC
- Favorite Disc: Pro Leopard
The same thing happened over at IowaDG last week as well. Apparently the Middle East is a hotbed for disc golf
If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
- Plastic Fondler
- Posts: 2611
- Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:14 pm
- Location: Des Moines, IA
- Favorite Disc: Comet
- Posts: 32
- Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:26 am
Thanks. Now I can lurk again.
- Posts: 15
- Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:32 pm
- Location: Tejas
- Favorite Disc: Ridge
Thanks for the update mike. Keep up the good work running the site
Mark Ellis wrote:Myth: Climo could beat you with a trash can lid.
Truth: Climo could beat you with a trash can lid left-handed.
- Tree Magnet
- Posts: 211
- Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:07 pm
- Favorite Disc: teebird
Return to General Discussion
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests