DX roc
Z-Pred, Z-Force, Destroyer, (M,S,Q)OLF, Roc, Wizard&VP
rehder
1000 Rated Poster

Re: Longest disc

Postby LumberJack » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:20 am

164g r-pro Boss. KaBoom
Pure, Rhyno, Roc, Saint, QOLF, Astra, Quasar, Predator

People deserve the government they get. Why? Because they haven't learned to govern themselves.
LumberJack
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby JR » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:48 am

LumberJack wrote:164g r-pro Boss. KaBoom

Back when they were released i got several weights of those and the lighter ones suited my power and were the longest discs for me. Then came the Nukes and the most overstable kind of Kings and now Blizzard Bosses too outdistance R-Pro Bosses while being more durable albeit still not like normal discs.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby domromer » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:03 pm

SOLF.... 405ft...that was with the sun, moon, and stars aligned. I've got a baby arm.
If all you ever do is all you've ever done, then all you'll ever get is all you've ever got

http://www.dustybootsphotography.com
domromer
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: JLS....Bitches!

Postby PMantle » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:45 am

14? Blizz Destroyer. Getting beat already though and may need replacing.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Postby what'shisname » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:50 am

The D4 is getting out past my GL flows by 30' or so. I need to do some real testing once the snows all gone in a couple weeks. But so far I'm really liking them. The D1 is bombing for me into headwinds as well. Love the feel of the plastic as well.
what'shisname
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby discspeed » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:06 am

My longest throws ever have been with Champ Orcs around 172, S/DS Destroyer @ 172, and my very early bubbly flight plate blizzard Bosses @ 156g.

My longest throw ever on flat ground was with a Champ Orc and a backdoor wind. I was on a football field (Kalamazoo Central High) and I threw from the end line, went through the middle of the uprights about 20' above the crossbar and kept going another 150-200' clearing a fence and ending in the middle of traffic. Most of my longest throws have ended up in traffic somehow...

Those Bosses are probably the longest as I was really concentrating on D when I had my other long throws, but the Bosses were going almost as far with a lot less input on my part.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby PMantle » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:20 am

what'shisname wrote:The D4 is getting out past my GL flows by 30' or so. I need to do some real testing once the snows all gone in a couple weeks. But so far I'm really liking them. The D1 is bombing for me into headwinds as well. Love the feel of the plastic as well.

I got a Flow recently, and have been very underwhelmed. Maybe it needs a good beating. Seems to do nothing better than similar discs from other companies.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Postby what'shisname » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:45 am

PMantle wrote:
what'shisname wrote:The D4 is getting out past my GL flows by 30' or so. I need to do some real testing once the snows all gone in a couple weeks. But so far I'm really liking them. The D1 is bombing for me into headwinds as well. Love the feel of the plastic as well.

I got a Flow recently, and have been very underwhelmed. Maybe it needs a good beating. Seems to do nothing better than similar discs from other companies.

I've heard that the flows have varied a lot from the first runs that I have a stack of. All of mine are the same, my yellow gl's are the longest but won't handle any headwind, and my optos are more stable but not quite as long.

I really like my flows but the d4 and d1 are really impressing me. Not going to make a decision on them until I can get some time with them up against my flows and pd2's without snow on the ground.
what'shisname
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby JR » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:07 pm

Flow is 1mm shorter winiged or one Innova speed rating slower than the Prodigys. So no wonder that PMantle is not impressed. Especially if he has the most overstable kind Flow which might be too much for his power. IDK how far he throws. Flows have wildly varying power requirements with the flippy thin GLS with low PLH going faar with little power and the tall high PLH Optos demanding 400'+ power with warp speeders.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby 7ontheline » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:05 am

I've had a few 500'+ 20mph downwind throws with my D4s. The D4 has replaced my beat silly esp nuke for all out who know where its going to go max D. In normal wind, anny flex shots with my esp nukes were averaging around 425' but the D4 is another 5-10% longer. However, in a tourney anything over 400' is a BOOM for me.
Magic / Judge / PA2 - Tursas / QMS / Buzzz / Mace - QJ / E / F - Renegade / O / D1

JHern wrote:If your putter isn't your favorite disc, get a new putter.
7ontheline
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Judge

Postby PMantle » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:14 am

Seems like I do better downwind when I go down in speed and go really understable. For instance, in calm conditions, nothing is close to my Blizz Destroyer. OTOH, some of my longest throws ever have been with a 150 Archangel dead down wind. faster stuff seems to get knocked down at my speed, but my newish Mamba is now getting good since I've taken the time to actually get it seasoned a bit.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Druid » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:55 pm

I have most of the high speed drivers. Halo, Nuke, Lace, Rampage, destroyer, Cannon, King, Wraith, Boss, Ape, Nuke OS, Blizzard Boss/Katana/destroyer, Krait, Force, and probably a few others I've forgotten about. The Halo (Opto 172) seems to be the most consistently long disc for me at around 420' or so with a normal line drive. I've flexed out Destroyers and Rampages considerably longer than that, but the Halo seems the easiest and most dependable on the course. Nuke is my bench player, and the Rampage takes over if there's wind.
Dart/Roc3/Whippet/Firebird/Leopard/Roadrunner/Teebird/Destroyer/DD2/Ape
Druid
Noob

Favorite Disc: DD2

Postby bsnone1 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:29 pm

I'm got a beginnerish noodle of an arm but my most consistent distance comes from MOLS's. I can consistently get these guys out to the 325ish range and when I pull it hard it can go 350. It's tough to throw in the wind and the courses down here in AZ beat up the standard plastic pretty quick so I keep several in back stock :)

Alas, the wind blows hard most days and I find myself pulling out a teebird or an 11x champ eagle more frequently to cut through everything. I've got an Orc coming in the mail that I'm excited to try for headwind shots.

I'm tempted to take out my blizzard katana to see how far that will fly these days, 4 months ago I was pulling that out to the 275-280 range but I've made huge steps in the last 100 or so days and think I can probably crush that disc given the right wind and space.
bsnone1
Noob

Favorite Disc: Eagle

Postby discmonkey42 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:19 pm

I have a D4 proto that has blown away my previous best with my 150 SOLF. On all out field throws, I'm getting the D4 out to 420'-430' on good pulls. Considering 350'ish was where I was topping out before, I'm thrilled (have to credit a couple of form breakthroughs this winter more than the disc, but still thrilled)!
discmonkey42
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: OLF

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment