DGA Breaker?

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: DGA Breaker?

Postby SpinachD » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:47 pm

I drive and approach with Ringers. Are we certain this Breaker is the same mold? I will have to give one a try.

Ringers are some of the least attractive (in name and stamp) golf discs around, but they are the very best driving putter by a wide margin.
"Canst thou give me now some wisdom;
Is this nonsense all thou knowest?"
SpinachD
Noob

Postby BLURR » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:01 am

I am not 100% certain that it is a ringer...but it sure as heck feels and flies like a ringer.
If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby tbird888 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:07 am

BLURR wrote:I am not 100% certain that it is a ringer...but it sure as heck feels and flies like a ringer.

With the bottom being like a Zipper Top Rhyno, I don't think it is a direct copy. I don't have a Ringer at the moment to compare, but I seem to remember the Ringer not having such a tall outer edge. Perhaps there's a spacer in there?
tbird888
Noob

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby JR » Sat May 18, 2013 12:41 pm

The Ringer might be a little thinner from memory. On a rocky course my First Flight 167 Breaker got nicks in just a few throws. This disc is very Jekyll and Hyde. Power it down or throw high and you get a hefty fade like a cross between a Pig and a Rhyno. Thrown apexing at 12-14' at full power it goes far for a putter with full powered Rhynoish fade AKA late and not hard. Height variations influence the D a lot since it does not fade and anything under 10' is distance limited. 15'+ transforms a full power fade from 10' feet of lateral movement to more like 40'+. Powering down to 250' or less also adds a lot to the fade. At 300'+ 12-14' high the fade is a very manageable 10'ish and i made my putter drive distance record of 320' in a mild rear wind with a grip change i got to work for the first time today. So i have no clue how that D compares to other driving putters. It'll be thunder and showers for a while so IDK when i get to make comparisons. Average D was changing a lot with hyzer and height variations and since this disc has a small optimum height window and a flat release preference going for D i did not get this disc locked in so i cannot say what the true avg D is for me when i start to going for line drives for D. I was not practicing aiming to the perfect spot but seeing how the disc performed with different shots. I assume it settles around 290-300'' for me for good shots. This was my first true field test with this disc and i had a half a dozen of throws with the disc before today.

One thing i don't like about this disc is that it is quite slippery. Isn't the FF plastic supposed to be ESP like? The resistance to rock damage sure seems to be that of a softer plastic disc especially considering the tallness and bluntness of the leading edge. So the material is a disappointment in 68F dry conditions since it does not bode well for most of the year here. Flight is fine though. Dead ringer for a Ringer i'd say without a direct comparison. IDK about the durability yet.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby JR » Sun May 19, 2013 2:26 am

65F and i had terrible slips with it unless i was squeezing it hard enough to hurt my finger swelling the finger print area and making the innermost section tendons hurt (old injury that bugged me for two years) and my major arm injury not like the stress. No problems with Neutron Tangent and traditionally Neutron is way too slick for me so pinching helps to a degree. I was probably overdoing the pinching some tightening of the arm muscles was probably happening judging from the D. Although the winds were constantly changing mid flight at times slapping the discs down at others lifting them up and at times flipping the discs at 250-280' abruptly from flat to anny. So i cannot say anything other for sure than i don't like the plastic for the slickness. The only thing to try is to wash the disc to see there's some slick film that could be removed. If not it is not a dependable disc for me except perhaps on hot dummer days which is too vast a minority here to bag the disc considering i can achieve what this disc does with a straightish driving putter and a Buzz/Neutron Axis for straight and fading shots at different distances.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby money 21 » Mon May 20, 2013 9:30 am

The slick ness of mine seemed t were off after a few rounds. It has been really wind at my home course so the breaker has been getting a work out and it will fly dead straight into a 15mph wind for me I am still crushing on this mold. Pick up a new ringer as well and i can't tell the difference.
Summit, money, vp, flying squirrel, ibex, obex, sharp shooter #2, trak, ascent, seacert weapon, vulture, unlace, lace, olace, solace, Prometheus
i have seen monkey sh!t fights at the zoo more orginized then this.
money 21
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Z XS

Previous

Return to Equipment