The Fury

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

The Fury

Postby Jeronimo » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:14 am

I don't get it, but Westside got the Underworld so I guess Latitude is going to have the Fury...

Less (over?)stable compliment to the Saint (wtf?). I mean... I guess someone will like it. People throw roadrunners after all, right? So, are you going to try it?

From the announcement:
Coming out next from the factory at Latitude 64° is the Fury. We have been getting requests from people that like the feel of the Saint but find it too overstable. The Fury is a control driver that will suit a large part of the disc golf community and we look forward to shipping this out there.
Coming out next is something at the opposite side of the spectrum in terms of overstability, to be continued...

Part in bold makes me happy in the pants.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Pure

Re: The Fury

Postby keltik » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:00 pm

People found the Saint too OS? So where does this put the Vision, Striker, and River?

When did they change the Vision from the super flip machine?
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby Jeronimo » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:01 pm

I don't even know anymore
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Postby kern9787 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:38 pm

I already put the saint closer to a roadrunner than say... A pd. Which I still don't think if as over stable. So... Wtf?
P2 - Fuse - ROCS!!! - QJLS - QPLS - QOLS - PD - Predator - Quasar
kern9787
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Jelyman » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:12 pm

If it acts like a faster river people will be all google for it, but yeah why not at least come out with the more stable one first. That's what I've been waiting for anyway.
Jelyman
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: River

Postby BrotherDave » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:21 pm

I don't know, I just got an Opto Saint that is surprisingly overstable but it should beat into something pretty nice for my arm. I feel like the Fury and River would overlap a ton.
Some discs of various sizes, weight, plastic and mold.
BrotherDave
Blue-footed booby fan

Favorite Disc: DX Blue Footed Booby

Postby JR » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:09 am

Maybe Lat is going Innova on us releasing the tiniest of differences between discs as different names with individual variations between the discs making them fly like the majority of another mold.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Jesse B 707 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:37 am

Watch this thing fly more stable than a Saint, I'm sorry but I have lost all faith in L64's ability to make a disc fly as they intend, the Saint was the last straw for me.
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby keltik » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:59 am

the Saint was/is stable for me. A RR comparison is weird to me. but calling it overstable is also a misnomer. I think they are labeling these with the 100m/325ft max thrower in mind.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby Jeronimo » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:30 pm

Jesse B 707 wrote:Watch this thing fly more stable than a Saint, I'm sorry but I have lost all faith in L64's ability to make a disc fly as they intend, the Saint was the last straw for me.

Sadly, I'm getting to this point as well... I love what I have but man I hate playing disc roulette every time I buy a replacement for a current mold. Need run #'s NOW.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Postby mattw » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:27 pm

I am sadly one of those people who are looking forword to this disc. I dont have a big arm for the wide rimmed overstable stuff. I dont consider the Saint to be overstable but for someone like me its not realy a line shaper. I get a nice straight shot with a predictable fade at the end of the flight. My hope is that this disc turns out like a longer Underworld /River. I picked up an Underworld and for the first time I was able to release a disc with a little bit of hyzer and had flip up to flat make a nice S curve and take off down the fairway. The first time I did this I wasnt expecting the disc to travel so far. It was on a hole that was slightly downhill at 345 feet. I sent the disc passed the basket and about 40 feet on the other side of a creek bed thats 10 feet behind the basket. I am usualy about 30 feet short of the basket on that hole with a Saint.
mattw
2010 DGR Donator

Postby JR » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:43 pm

Jesse B 707 wrote:Watch this thing fly more stable than a Saint, I'm sorry but I have lost all faith in L64's ability to make a disc fly as they intend, the Saint was the last straw for me.

I fell victim to marketing when they described the Saint as a faster longer River i was thinking ok very little fade but more HSS than Sidewinder. My line of reasoning went like this: Since royal blue GL in Flow made it flippy and i had heard that other Saints faded i wanted a less fading one and since that plastic and color consistently produced way more understable Flows maybe the same would be true of the Saint. I have not seen other Saints in action but comparing to what others say of their Saints mine is way less HSS and probably the same LSS meaning Eagle type fade so nowhere close to the River.

I did not want to buy Rivers last year thanks to reports of them being all over the place and the rules of thumb of shape not applying to predicting the stability. Argh! I guess i keep on using my Rivers of old until they die and see what somebody else has on offer then. Considering how many odd discs there are in Latitude production i've always been wary of trying them and if i find a good one getting backups to last. Much like good Rocs and Gateway stuff is for others. It is not exclusive to Lat but man it hurts to let up a mold from the bag because you cannot get good replacements. That was the way the Striker fell out of use for me. Dropping the River would hurt more.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby NoLifeLeft » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:52 pm

This is why I never stuck with the Flow. I loved my first run, domey, Opto Flow. It was just the right amount of understable and had glide for days. The second one I bought flew like a Wraith. Now don't get me wrong, I love Wraiths but I also already have a Sterilite bin full of Wraiths.

I also miss those really awesome early run Opto Visions.
NoLifeLeft
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: a whole bag of 'em

Postby PMantle » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:24 am

My Flow is a slower Wraith. I have no job for it yet.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Jeronimo » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:00 am

PMantle wrote:My Flow is a slower Wraith. I have no job for it yet.

Yeah, I hate those Flows. They suck.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Next

Return to Equipment