Discmania

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Discmania

Postby Joz » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:48 am

JR wrote:Good luck finding flat gummy C MD2s now. I've never seen one. And i'm in the same country as Discmania.

That's sad. I have 5.
Joz
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby JR » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:19 am

I found a dry open field much to my surprise so i got to rip hard. I had a little too much clothing on sapping my power some but i got 410' at least with distance lines in mild rear wind with fast discs. The C FD 167 i got surprised me by being even beefier than i thought based on throws with even more clothing on. I can give it my all and it won't flip at all but it fades early and hard and slows down quickly. Mini Firebird and it is a polar opposite to the early S FD domey i had. I had trouble getting it to 330' mostly landing at 310'. The glide does not manifest it self at my power because it tilts so early and so hard. Since i threw just shy of 400' with the S FD that is a pretty large difference. Flight wise these are nothing alike.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby jubuttib » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:26 pm

Oh hay necroquoting!
linkinparkervii wrote:I thought the MD1 was the understable/stable compliment to the MD2 not the other way around...
Joz wrote:Yeah, I always thought the MD2 was the more stable complement to the MD1.

At least one run of D-Lines ended up being that, but on the whole the MD1 is the overstable one. The HSS is about the same level or slightly higher than flat gummy C-MD2s (I don't turn either into a headwind with a clean throw), and with more fade.
JR wrote:The short version is that you are fucked because the discs are too. S DD2 is way more overstable and shorter disc and needs a monster arm to fly far. No two ways about it and unfortunately in true Innova fashion the S DD2 is speed stable. Give it oomph or enough headwind and it cries like a baby and flips like a bitch.
Oooooh, that's a tough one. I have beaten in an S-DD2 to a point where it flew like a new P-DD2, but overall it does have a much higher arm requirement than the P-Line...
JR wrote:(the way jubuttib describes the gummy flat C MD 1 sounds it is even more so)
You mean the gummy flat C-MD2, right?
linkinparkervii wrote:I think Im liking the MD1 over the MD2. Wish they made them in C line. The MD1 just fits in my hand so nice, and the MD2 just feels too deep.

Anyone else feel the same way?
The opposite. The MD2 loves my hand, while the MD1 feels pretty horrible. The MD2 isn't that sensitive to form issues, the MD1 is immensely sensitive, especially the stiff S-Lines. Still, I like how the MD1 flies, just not how it feels and how easily it turns from OAT (which is fairly common for me with it since I don't like how it feels)...
JR wrote:Good luck finding flat gummy C MD2s now. I've never seen one. And i'm in the same country as Discmania.
That's because I keep buying them before you have a chance. =)
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby JR » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:40 am

Yes it was a typo i meant MD2 in C flat and gummy. (Wonder what kind of sound that is).
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby Joz » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:22 am

Damn, jubuttib, where you been? Coming out of disc golf hibernation?
Joz
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby jubuttib » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:31 pm

Joz wrote:Damn, jubuttib, where you been? Coming out of disc golf hibernation?
Heh, just been busy with Project CARS (I've become a Community Ambassador among other things there). I have a huge tendency to get addicted with forums, so when the pCARS stuff blew up I couldn't really spare time for DGR as much. This also coincided with general lack of DG stuff going on for me. Now I'm getting back into the game (thank Jussi Meresmaa for that one) and I'm going to be hanging around here a bit more again. =)
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby linkinparkervii » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:25 pm

linkinparkervii
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Gold Line Core

Postby jubuttib » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:19 pm

Hopefully it'll really be a true overstable mid. The flat & gummy C-MD2 is already the best neutral power mid and when seasoned a bit in D-Line it's also the best neutral finesse mid, along with the best understable mid, so getting an overstable companion for it would be pretty excellent, kicking the FR Vector out of my bag.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby linkinparkervii » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:21 pm

jubuttib wrote:Hopefully it'll really be a true overstable mid. The flat & gummy C-MD2 is already the best neutral power mid and when seasoned a bit in D-Line it's also the best neutral finesse mid, along with the best understable mid, so getting an overstable companion for it would be pretty excellent, kicking the FR Vector out of my bag.

You thinking champ roc overstable or more?
linkinparkervii
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Gold Line Core

Postby jubuttib » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:22 am

linkinparkervii wrote:
jubuttib wrote:Hopefully it'll really be a true overstable mid. The flat & gummy C-MD2 is already the best neutral power mid and when seasoned a bit in D-Line it's also the best neutral finesse mid, along with the best understable mid, so getting an overstable companion for it would be pretty excellent, kicking the FR Vector out of my bag.

You thinking champ roc overstable or more?
Something like that, yeah. Like I said, I'm hoping it'd kick the (domey) FR Vector out of my bag, so that's about the level of overstability I'm hoping.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby JR » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:12 am

No flatties in C MD2s at the local store :-( Domey hard ones only.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby Varsi » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:15 pm

Meresmaa mentioned numbers 5 5 0 3 for the MD3. Some people have been guessing Gator overstability or something haven't they?
Varsi
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: JOKERi

Postby jubuttib » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:34 am

Varsi wrote:Meresmaa mentioned numbers 5 5 0 3 for the MD3. Some people have been guessing Gator overstability or something haven't they?
Hmmm, sounds like a glidey Gator or a fast Roc (for some reason both have 3 fade in Innova's ratings, even though there's very little similarity in their fade).

Oh wait a second, they're listing the Roc3 as faster than the old Roc, 5 4 0 3. Discmania's getting a glidy Roc3? :o

Well, one can hope.

EDIT: Ah, just looked at the PDGA list, it's a large diameter disc, so not going to be a Gator-like disc. I'm guessing Roc3 derivative.
Last edited by jubuttib on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby PMantle » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:21 am

I've still never seen a Discmania disc.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby logjammin » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:42 am

Have any of you thrown both a C=line FD Jackal and S-line jackal?

I love my S-line! It will hold a straight line for miles (well, kilometers anyway) when I throw it forehand. I'm wondering how similar C-line FD is to the S-line.
Last edited by logjammin on Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
logjammin
Noob

Favorite Disc: Cheetah

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment