MrNike's Bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

MrNike's Bag

Postby MrNike » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:44 am

Hi there.
Time for my bag thread ;)

I started last year and tried to play once or twice a week during the summer. Winter was bad and rainy so not much discgolf there.
First i bought a Discraft Starter Pack and added a few discs since then.
I throw my drivers around 300, midranges about 270 and putters up to 240 feet. I posted a video in the technique section of my backhand: http://www.discgolfreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=25739.
I know there are many spots missing in my lineup but consider this thread work in progress.

Right now i have in my bag:

Putter:
Yeti 4x Aviar - Pro - 175g
Main putter.
Soft Focus - Elite X - 170g
Main approach disk, not skippy and good control.
Soft Magnet - Pro D - 176g
Was in the starterbag. First putter. Never got putting going with the soft mold. Now an approach disk i throw in windy conditions.

Midrange:
Buzzz - Elite Z - 178g
Main midrange. Used for all kind of shots.
Comet - Elite X - 164g
Was in the starterbag. Now primary utility disk. Short rollers, thumbers.

Driver:
Stalker - Elite Z - 171g
Main driver. Just own it 2 weeks but i can throw it very reliable on straight line with light fade at the end.
Sidewinder - Champ - 161g
Main understable driver. All anhyzershots. Some open field drives in non windy conditions.
Glide - Elite Z - 169g
Shorter us throws.
Surge - Elite Z - 174g
Dont throw it. Too fast for me. Fades after 150 feet hard left. Need more power before i can use it.
Xpress - Elite X - 171g
Previous main us driver. Liked it for tunnel shots. Lost it last weekend, so not availible anymore.

Right now i can throw up to speed 9 disks. The Surge (Speed 11) is way too fast for me. I never tried a speed 10 disk yet. I dont have any overstable stuff in my bag. Mostly unterstable disks. So there are many spots to fill. I dont want a too blown up bag, just keep it simple.

Maybe add an OS Fairway Driver for winds and hyzer shots next? And a very light speed 10/11 disk for more disctance ?

Greetings,
MrNike
MrNike
Noob

Re: MrNike's Bag

Postby JR » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:19 am

The Surge should be able to take some headwinds and OS duties and the lightest Pro Beasts could be nice at speed 10.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby MrNike » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:17 pm

I forgot to mention that i don't plan to replace the lost Xpress. I think the sidewinder will do fine in that spot.
I will try the surge if its windy on the field, maybe it will fly better then.
Regarding the beast ... a friend has a champ beast, i ll try that. Pro Beast and Champ Beast should not be that different.
I am also open for other producers, not limited to Disccraft and Innova.

I am also thinking about adding a Roc3 as a new wind stable midrange in addition to the buzz.
MrNike
Noob

Postby JR » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:30 am

Pro has more tackiness and comes in lower weights.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby MrNike » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:55 am

You sould not listen to your disc golf buddies ;) I got the 'Stalker' from a friend. It is a dyed misprint. Today i noticed it is not a stalker at all, its a Z Xpress. Wondering why it did not behave like my X Xpress i saw that the Z stablility is 0 and the X stability is -1. Due to the fact that its only a speed 8 disc i dont know if a low weight beast will behave like it want it to. Maybe i ll just add it and see, i dont know if the difference is that extreme.
Thanks for the Info about pro plastic, i ll get a pro one then.
MrNike
Noob

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion