a good way to practice putting without a basket?

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: a good way to practice putting without a basket?

Postby discraft » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:14 am

Quiet too! Both my baskets are being borrowed for a friends course. I'll be making this friday.
Regular Dude that likes DISCRAFT.

Force:Nuke:Avenger:Buzz:Meteor:Stratus:APX
discraft
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Meteor

Postby fore » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:56 am

I laid out a 9-hole course at my church using these as targets. (There are alternate pin positions on 6 holes, and the flow allows several hole to be combined, so effectively, we have "red" and a "white" courses.)

The course sees a lot of use because kids as young as kindergarten age can (and do!) get them out and set them up by themselves and put them away when they're done. (I installed 1' long 1" PVC pipe "ground sleeves" that they can simply drop the pole into instead of having to pound them into the ground.) Sometimes they'll only set up 2 or 3, but even just throwing back and forth between a couple of targets is better than nothing. (Heck, if I'm going to be at church for choir or a meeting, I'll sometimes go early/stay late and set up a couple of targets and work on upshots and putting.)

A lot of parents have told me their kids have made targets to practice on at home. It's a darn cheap way to get kids (and parents) hooked on disc golf.
fore
Noob

Favorite Disc: Phenix

Postby jtowneagle » Wed May 22, 2013 8:11 am

I will be doing this today. Great idea! how high off the ground is the sweet spot of a target normally?
jtowneagle
Noob

Favorite Disc: Eagle

Postby saucerslotz! » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:59 am

Try this great new game saucerslotz. Its the perfect way to practice your putting and have a great game for a BBQ or tailgating. Check it out at http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sau ... un-to-play
saucerslotz!
Noob

Favorite Disc: Innova

Previous

Return to General Discussion