ESP Avenger

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

ESP Avenger

Postby TexasOutlaw » Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:33 am

What are your impressions of this disc? Anyone know where to get one?
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Solty » Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:52 am

try marshall street

or ebay

-mike
Solty
Site Admin - Behind The Scenes

Favorite Disc: Rancho Roc

Postby Thatdirtykid » Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:44 am

I hear theres only 600 made so far, all fundraiser only, and if youre looking for one check my bag :twisted:

Really I love it, its great for light headwinds (how a slightly used x avenger is great for light tailwinds...) And this plastic is great. I think its alittle more durable than star, which makes sense becasue Z is a bit more durable than champ. Also it feels almost just like X just alittle firmer, its a great blend. If you can track one down I highly reccomend it for a bag that already has avengers. Its my fav distance driver (:-P wraith).

Accually on that wraith note (i know this should be in a different forum) I play a bit with a wraith guy, or ex wraith guy. He ditched his collection of wraiths for a surge, after only playing one round. I look forward to trying that disc. But its not going to replace my avengers, unless its that super aswome disc weve all been waiting for, thats super straight, super long, super predicatable, super accurate and lands exactly where we want it to everytime...
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby TexasOutlaw » Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:50 am

You tease!

For me the avenger and wraith are different. Perhaps I have not learned how to throw avengers as well though.

I am excited about the surge as well, just haven't found anyone that takes a check. :roll:

The problem with sending checks is that the item is out of stock before check clears....
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Solty » Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:32 pm

Here is the Marshall Street Pre-order Link

Marshall Street Avenger ESP PreOrder Link
Solty

Postby Thatdirtykid » Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:36 pm

the avengers are about 20' short of the wraith on a distance line for me. However any other line I put an avenger on is as long, and alot more accurate. Its rare for me to be throwing max d in the open which is the only time Id want a wraith over an avenger.
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Postby TexasOutlaw » Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:16 am

mikesolt wrote:Here is the Marshall Street Pre-order Link

Marshall Street Avenger ESP PreOrder Link

I got one ordered. Thanks.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Solty » Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:36 am

hotness
Solty

Postby TexasOutlaw » Wed May 10, 2006 10:34 am

I got my esp avenger. It's tendencies are more similar to a z avenger than x. My surge so far has not given me the same distance as my pro wraith or even my new dx wraith.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

hmmm

Postby soaresjo » Wed May 10, 2006 10:49 am

hmm interesting. I am going to order an avenger X very soon. Should I wait for the esp or buy the X now and an esp when it comes out? Stupid shipping costs!
-john
The Shark Loves Free Slurpees!
soaresjo
Noob

Postby Thatdirtykid » Wed May 10, 2006 11:51 am

the x is by far the best avenger, the esp fills the same spot as a Z avenger (flies much like a broken in Z avenger) so a bit more overstable than a distance driver should be. Get the x and if you like it buy 10 more, and a couple Z's and mabey an esp ;-)
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Postby TexasOutlaw » Thu May 11, 2006 10:31 am

Thatdirtykid wrote:the x is by far the best avenger, the esp fills the same spot as a Z avenger (flies much like a broken in Z avenger) so a bit more overstable than a distance driver should be. Get the x and if you like it buy 10 more, and a couple Z's and mabey an esp ;-)

What he said... The x is the best! If you chose to get one of the others, pick one, either esp or elite z; they work interchangibly.

Are you into all of the star, sirrius, esp plastics? If so, grab an esp. I believe an elite z will work just fine for you and be cheaper too.

In closing x is still the best one out there; I carry all 3 cause I'm a disc junky and a big avenger fan.

Oh one other thing: you may want to get one in the 160s and one max weight in x.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Footwork » Wed May 17, 2006 6:46 pm

ESP Avengers are rare? I had my pick as a tournement disc... I took a Surge though as I have avengers. I did win a Z avenger on a CTP though 8)
Footwork
Noob

Return to Equipment